• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Suggestions for Where to Sleep Besides Closet?

Vortex

So, I tend to prefer sleeping in the closet or other enclosed area, but right now I'm sharing a studio kind of dorm-style with someone else, and so I can't sleep there.

However, I may be able to set up some type of cubicle system. I'd like to have something relatively inexpensive that will keep light away and dampen sound somewhat. (I am sensitive to both, but especially sound. I keep earbuds for that though.)

Was thinking maybe one of those indoor grow tents for plants, except I would be the plant, I guess. I wonder though if there is a product already that solves this problem so that I don't have to sleep "exposed", ya know? I'm kind of like a lizard, where I like a little cave and then some separate area where I can sun myself and digest my food.

Anyway, am open to suggestions. Any ideas on how to fix up a human habitat for myself with limited space? Thank you!

I must be a coffee drinking lizard then.

Just goggle bed tents and a bazillion came up.

I like looking at animals for ideas. They are very smart about life in general.

you-cant-see-me.gif

:)

Little *O* hooks in the ceiling and you could string some cheap shower curtains around. Some sshowe

You should go full "King Henry VIII" and get a majestic four poster bed with curtains.

Or- make it yourself, by hanging pvc pipe from the ceiling and hanging curtains around your bed.

I've always fascinated with cupboard beds. cupboard bed - Google Search

You could make a simple version by using plywood sheets cut to your bed dimensions.
At the corners use "corner ties". These are L shaped brackets available at diy shops. If you need to join 2 sheets to make one longer one you can use a 1x2 strip of wood also avsilable at the diy. Simple cupboard hinges can be installed for a door and a slide bolt can be used to secure the door when in use. ( Install the slide bolt on the inside)

You could also secure the corners with two way hinges so that the whole assembly can be folded for storage.

Little *O* hooks in the ceiling and you could string some cheap shower curtains around. Some sshowe

Could not edited this. Some shower curtains are made of poly material and they will provide privacy. The discount stores have cheap price and they can be 80 inches wide by 70 inches long

I like to sleep on top of a very sturdy table sometimes. You could make a nest behind the couch, but make sure no spiders or dust

When I was a kid I slept in the pillow storage area of a daybed, instead of the daybed. Perfect shape, quiet, & my plushies fit in there with me.

I used to know a guy who slept in the top shelf of a walk-in closet.
When I was a little guy I appropriated the entire top shelf of the closet (tiny closet) for my lair. I used the 60-watt bulb for heating, put an old 1970s sleeping bag up there, stuck Red and Rover comic strips to the walls, and would go up there & just lay in the top shelf of the closet. There were footprints up the walls until I repainted the room.
Now I have a studio apartment but am considering making a lair in the bathroom/closet. I was n the tub the other day reading Chesterton's "The Blatchford Controversy" from 1904 with only one lightbulb on, and it was kinda nice.

If you have lots of books or other stuff to display on bookshelves, you could order cheap, tall bookshelves online and line them around your bed - also display stuff you like on the inside so you are in your own little world.

I once knew someone online who used to nap on random storage shelves on the job sometimes. His coworkers freaked out and started believing he was the chupacabra

My brother used to work a Hollywood Magic in down town Hollywood CA. The shop was quite a favorite with celebrity magicians and other stars looking for sleight of hand. Anyway, the shop had a large display cabinet, built like stadium risers, in the middle of the front window. Under those risers was a nice area just right for napping. So my brother napped in the cabinet on every break. On one occassion his coworker woke him early so that he could help Michael Jackson who had asked for him by name.

My brother used to work a Hollywood Magic in down town Hollywood CA. The shop was quite a favorite with celebrity magicians and other stars looking for sleight of hand. Anyway, the shop had a large display cabinet, built like stadium risers, in the middle of the front window. Under those risers was a nice area just right for napping. So my brother napped in the cabinet on every break. On one occassion his coworker woke him early so that he could help Michael Jackson who had asked for him by name.
Was he a member of the Screen Actors Guild? I had a friend whose dad was native american and he was a really good horseback rider, so he was an extra in a lot of movies (It was pretty exciting. I remember a made for tv western he was in and when it came on TV they invited me over. All of a sudden her little brother piped up: "Hey guys! I think this is the scene where dad dies!")

They got copies of all the Hollywood movies before they ever came out. I think for the Academy Awards or something, because at the bottom of the screen, throughout the video, it said, "For Your Consideration". Did your brother get copies of the movies before they came out?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom