• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Subliminals?

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
Has anyone heard of subliminals? Idk how they work but they claim you can manifest things like the personality traits of a fictional character, get desired characteristics like getting taller, or affirm mental illness/other neurological conditions (underground’s, which are controversial because it’s insensitive to ppl that struggle with these). I found this one that claims you’ll be tweek from SP irl. Thoughts?

Continued, it claims some ok and not some ok things, like a designated MBTI type, to more things that could be offensive to ppl that struggle with them like anxiety/panic attacks, hallucinating (not from specific no no substances though), be hyperactive, have paranoia (again, no no drugs not involved) have tremors/twitch/tics.

I saw a hilarious video of one that was something like “You will become Ariana Grande.”
It seemed completely outlandish to me and obviously doesn’t work at all.
People who want to be an exact copy of a celebrity that badly could probably use some counseling.

I saw a hilarious video of one that was something like “You will become Ariana Grande.”
It seemed completely outlandish to me and obviously doesn’t work at all.
People who want to be an exact copy of a celebrity that badly could probably use some counseling.
Just you wait until you find out ppl have had plastic surgery to become carbon copies of celebrities.

Just you wait until you find out ppl have had plastic surgery to become carbon copies of celebrities.
Oh, I have seen that as well.
Probably stems from some type of issue with self-esteem but I really struggle to understand the celebrity worship stuff. It’s fine to admire a celebrity if it’s not hurting anyone but I think some of these people are going a bit far.

I remember back in the 80s there was some talk about subliminal messages in movie theaters, to get people to buy more popcorn or something. Hidden images in movies, pics that you didn't notice seeing because it wasn't on the screen long enough for you to register that you saw it but it was supposed to affect you subconsciously.

Oh, I have seen that as well.
Probably stems from some type of issue with self-esteem but I really struggle to understand the celebrity worship stuff. It’s fine to admire a celebrity if it’s not hurting anyone but I think some of these people are going a bit far.
There was a guy called Toby Sheldon that spent a buttload of money on plastic surgery to resemble Justin Bieber. He sadly passed away due to a drug overdose.

Subliminal messages definitely work, but it's more in plain-sight than you'd think. Advertising, imagery, logos, designs and things like that are kind of praying on that primitive part of your brain and making you think and feel certain ways about products, fast food chains, and all sorts of other things (some are darker - think of historical figures who have had easily-recognizable symbolism and how far it got them).

As for binaural beats, people chanting phrases in your ear and stuff like that? That's just delusional, lol.

As someone who has had an eating disorder and an obsessive exercise problem, that’s awful :(
And yes, very insensitive…
I keep on seeing subs promising you’ll manifest things from fictional tv shows, like personality traits of characters and stuff.. and ppl in comments talk in all caps.

Subliminal messages definitely work, but it's more in plain-sight than you'd think. Advertising, imagery, logos, designs and things like that are kind of praying on that primitive part of your brain and making you think and feel certain ways about products, fast food chains, and all sorts of other things.

As for binaural beats, people chanting phrases in your ear and stuff like that? That's just delusional, lol.

heres an example, check out the one I linked as OP.

Has anyone heard of subliminals? Idk how they work but they claim you can manifest things like the personality traits of a fictional character, get desired characteristics like getting taller

We can safely say that this is not true. Watching a video on youtube will not make anyone taller. :)

The most tragic thing I've seen were people seriously striving through plastic surgery to look like fictional characters such as Mattel's "Barbi" or famous animated characters. Even when it openly endangers their own health. Though I have to admit, I'm curious as to why motivates them to take such drastic measures that come at an extreme cost financially, and perhaps emotionally as well.

People seen on shows like "Botched" featuring two first-rate Beverly Hills plastic surgeons, Dr. Terry Dubrow and Dr. Paul Nassif who basically specialize in correcting the "botched" plastic surgeries of their peers.

The most tragic thing I've seen were people seriously striving through plastic surgery to look like fictional characters such as Mattel's "Barbi" or famous animated characters. Even when it openly endangers their own health.

People seen on shows like "Botched" featuring two first-rate Beverly Hills plastic surgeons, Terry Dubrow and Paul Nassif who basically specialize in correcting the "botched" plastic surgeries of their peers.
Has anyone heard of Pixie Foxx? She had SIX of her ribs removed and doctors refuse to do anymore operations on her for obvious reasons.

Has anyone heard of Pixie Foxx? She had SIX of her ribs removed and doctors refuse to do anymore operations on her for obvious reasons.

I think the world is just falling apart, so many people are getting weirder and weirder. Tattoing eyeballs, removing ribs, I saw a guy who removed his nose :fearscream: How did all this madness start?

New Threads

Top Bottom