• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Storywriting

Don't know if this is necessarily the right forum, but lately, I've taken to writing fanfiction stories, specifically relating to my favorite TV series growing up, Airwolf. I always thought that the characters of Caitlin O'Shannessy (Jean Bruce Scott) and Stringfellow Hawke (Jan-Michael Vincent) could have been more than "just friends," as they were depicted in the series. Well, while complaining about this on the Internet Movie Database forum, someone introduced me to Unleash Your Imagination - FanFiction.Net, a site with fan-written fiction stories about every TV series known to man, including Airwolf. After reading a few stories, I gave it a shot, figuring that I'd write one story, basically get told, "YOU SUCK," and that would be that. That was 31 stories ago....and I'm still going strong. My link to my direct profile is = robertwnielsen - FanFiction.Net

Please give it a look, and review the stories if you'd like (registration, while encouraged, is not required....you can post reviews anonymously, but I've been a member of the site for a while now, and have yet to receive any emails that I didn't specifically request (like when a favorite story was updated.) I haven't received any emails saying that I just inherited $50b from a dead Nigerian prince, or anything of that nature. So please, have a look, and let me know what you think. :)

Oh yes. I'd like to actually put it in gear and start some writing and concept art, only problem being is that I suck at both and that I have a history of keeping my fantasy world(s) private from others. I tend to be rigid about changing details, and I can't give it any structure - when I do, everything is out of place and it's back to square one.

I understand that it's only fantasy, but I'm in no way qualified to write fiction for the time being. I'll forget about it within the next 10 years or so anyways.

Last edited:
Great to share with us your insights ~

ruennsheng,

If the above was for me, thanks....if not, I apologize.

Some background on how I started this little hobby -- I was on the Internet Movie Database board for "Airwolf", and posting about how Caitlin and Hawke seemed to be more than "just friends," but were never allowed to go any further than that....and someone directed me to FanFiction.net, saying that there were stories there which depicted my two favorite characters as more than friends. I read one by an author pennamed "Sirius7," called From Nightmares to Dreams, and started getting all these questions in my head...well, after writing Sirius7 and asking her permission to base a story off FNTD, I wrote my first, called What Now?, and have been pleasantly surprised at the feedback I've received. :)

ruennsheng,

If the above was for me, thanks....if not, I apologize.

Some background on how I started this little hobby -- I was on the Internet Movie Database board for "Airwolf", and posting about how Caitlin and Hawke seemed to be more than "just friends," but were never allowed to go any further than that....and someone directed me to FanFiction.net, saying that there were stories there which depicted my two favorite characters as more than friends. I read one by an author pennamed "Sirius7," called From Nightmares to Dreams, and started getting all these questions in my head...well, after writing Sirius7 and asking her permission to base a story off FNTD, I wrote my first, called What Now?, and have been pleasantly surprised at the feedback I've received. :)

Yep robert, that's 4 u...

I feel that you have great ideas, so looking forward to you sharing your stories - so any new ideas lately?

Yep robert, that's 4 u...

I feel that you have great ideas, so looking forward to you sharing your stories - so any new ideas lately?

Funny you should ask.....I'm working on a series called "And **WHEN** Was The Wedding??" -- Basically, Caitlin is arguing with her mother (on the phone) about settling down, marriage, etc., and blurts out, "Oh, Mom.....this past weekend....I eloped....with my best friend."

Thing is, Hawke is her "best friend..." and, Hawke and Dom both hear this "admission" (Since it's not exactly the truth), and Dom begins trying to make it the truth. Went a little different direction with this one -- wrote every chapter in first-person (as if I was Hawke, Dom, Michael, and Caitlin)....which was really funny...writing a whole chapter, in first-person, from the POV of a female. :)

Direct link -- And WHEN Was The Wedding? Chapter 1, an airwolf fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Enjoy! :D

Robert, I like it;)

Great story! Great continuation! :)

Thanks....the story, as I explained in the Author's Notes, was inspired by another story titled Once A Pun A Time at JAG....and, I actually considered Once A Pun A Time At Santini Air as the title for mine, but figured that there were already two with that title, so I'd go a different route. BTW, I've got *two* new ones -- "Stress Relief" and "Obey My Orders," which doesn't focus on Cait and Hawke (figured I'd written enough stories about those two), but instead has Michael Coldsmith Briggs, III ("Archangel") and his assistant, Marella (last name unknown) as the couple in question. Please, if you can, read and let me know what you think. XD

Cool, thanks. It's funny....when I started writing, I figured I'd get one or two comments, along the lines of YOU SUCK, and that would be that....I'd quit writing. Well, I've never received any negative feedback...in fact, one or two reviewers have suggested that some of what I've written would have made good episodes in the series (if the entire original cast hadn't been fired when Season 4 started....grr. Oh, well....these stories are my idea of "what could have been." :)

lol... been working on a book series off and on for the past few years... basically i made up a huge mythology and thought up ways that the divines could interact with humans to change the course of history... never really showed it to anyone or even talked about it much, just a story i made up in my head that i've been attempting to put into book form.

I'm still planning a lot of stuff currently, but it's actually more of a WHEN rather than an IF for me start working on a story/novel kinda thing.

The when does depend a bit on what direction I wanna go. But for me the biggest obstacle for writing (but actually all disciplines of art) is to get a decent start somewhere. I really need to be "in" it.

I've posted this a few times before, but the current steampunk/cyberpunk thing I'm still plotting out a bit is quite hard because I'd like to include more than just a story. I'm doing illustrations for it and demo-ing music for it... to create more depth of the world I'm depicting. In general I like movies that have more extensive backstories & allusions as well (think; Star wars universe, Back to the future, etc.). So I'm working on a lot of backgroundstuff before I even start plotting out the events a character is involved with... think companies, brands, carmodels, languages, stuff that gives that world more of an identity.

That being said, I never been too much into reading, which might come across as weird... someone who wants to write but rarely reads... but as kid I liked to read as well and I rarely cared to read books. But yeah, to be "in" it, I first wanted to record some music that might resemble something victorian contemporary, with some experimental/weird stuff in it... that didn't go as planned, so I went on to tackle some images first, that worked out better. I really need a frame to start with... especially since I do have a problem in imagining things I read in books. That doesn't work that well for me, especially if it's "fantasy". Yet if I'd have a drawing of something I'm having less of a problem thinking "how'd that look?" or "this can't be right by practical reasons".

I wrote (by hand) my first novel when I was 12, in the 6th grade. I think I did it for an escape. It was fantasy.

When I was 15 I began writing the Euthanasia trilogy (the novel link in my siggy) and have now finished the 3rd book. I'm still so obsessed with it that I'm going to write a "Lost Chronicle." Anyhow, the subject matter is not fantasy at all but more of a psychological-thriller written in journal form by two different characters, although the 2nd book is present-tense first-person by another character.

But yeah, I love writing. Very compulsive about it.

I love writing stories, at the moment, I'm writing a murder/mystery. The main character is called Kelly. Her best friend is called Sandy. One night, Sandy is murdered. Kelly is the first to find her and after screaming and becoming hysterical, her neighbour, Shevique, calls the police. An investigation is being carried out. Kelly will never forget about the death of one of her best friends, so she decides to do her own investigations. But, the people who could be of most help to her start getting picked off as well...

DO NOT READ BELOW THIS POINT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANY SPOLIERS*****SPOLIERS*****SPOLIERS*****SPOILERS

It's actually Kelly who's the murderer.

SPOLIERS ABOVE THIS POINT*****SPOILERS*****SPOILERS*****SPOILERS

I've written loads of other stories as well.

I love to write. I write my own stories, poems, Fanfiction. I used to let other people read them but...to often they tell me they are way to graphic an weird for their tastes or they just flat out hate them. Sooo I just write for myself. I did write one poem that I am actually quite proud of after my friend Tiffy was killed. I finally a few months ago was able to write something about how I felt about it. I love to write.

I love writing too. My problem is I'm typically Aspie and I just want to focus on writing and nothing else when I'm doing it. So therefore I find it hard to switch it on and off and just write for an hour a day or something. I'm also a mum of 3 boys so I'm pretty busy and have to do a million other things everyday too. Oh well, I'll just plod along and do it when I can for now. Wish I had more time to read everyone's stories!

Sounds like a good story, especially since my best friend was recently murdered.

Me again. As you can guess from some of my other posts in this thread (and the other thread that you responded to), I write Fanfiction in...you guessed it...the Airwolf genre, over at Fanfiction.net. Here's a link to my personal page...robertwnielsen - FanFiction.Net

Have a look around, and if you see something you like, please don't hesitate to review. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom