• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
After creating time-laspe video building a Lego set as noted in my post, Time-lapse Photography, I decided the next project to explore stop motion photography.

The first project was building an Star Wars puzzle of Kylo Ren. It is a lot of work doing this alone moving one piece, take a picture, repeat the same process until the puzzle is done. Near completion, I realized this is going to be a good video. When I reviewed the frames, I notice for two frames I left my wireless remote on the table so I decided to edit out the remote. After doing this, applying my edits in Adobe Lighhtroom, exporting the edited photos and finally load the images in PowerDirector, I finally got my first stop motion video. So @The Penguin thinks, what stop motion video he should create next? Read the next paragraph for details. During the mean time, enjoy the stop motion video of the puzzle.

Right that new idea. Well, I will be building rockhopper penguin a friend got me for Christmas out of nanoblock. nanoblock is like Lego bricks except made by a different company called Kawada Co. Ltd based out of Japan. These building bricks are much smaller than Lego bricks. Capturing the penguin as stop motion took 2 hours resulting 278 frames. Between this, capturing other footage, and editing, resulted taken a whole day. After watching this video, you can see all the hard work I did to make this happen.

That looks like you had alot of fun.
When I was young I bought a Super 8 film camera and made a stop motion movie of my Hot Wheels cars racing along the backyard path using stop motion and little balls of cotton as explosions when cars collided.
And then I had to wait a week for the film to be developed.

There are simple Smartphone apps nowadays that help you animate. I should to make a simple plasticine creature video.

When I was young I bought a Super 8 film camera and made a stop motion movie of my Hot Wheels cars racing along the backyard path using stop motion and little balls of cotton as explosions when cars collided.
And then I had to wait a week for the film to be developed.
Would have been a fun project to do. My next one I'm doing will be some what like this which I will film this weekend.

There are simple Smartphone apps nowadays that help you animate. I should to make a simple plasticine creature video.
I'm amazed how many apps there are in general for photography. I tried a few but not to capture stop motion. The apps is a good idea for people not advanced in photography and don't own an standalone camera.

New Threads

Top Bottom