• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stolen ideas ....getting over it

Kayla55

All the years I'd sit in background watching these hooligans running around with their identities and playing through ideas they claim by identity was theirs.
All years I battled alone,

I don't think they even visit me, they come here to loot, look around and try clean me out of fresh ideas, as if haven't being experts on everything I know am convinced were never theirs to start with. You'd think by now I would get over this....
I've also noticed cameras everywhere nowadays for security, I think it's eerie as if someone is watching you and having disputed a lost directory at work it didn't help reclaim it, no paper trail due to I'm sure at that time, it was the boss.

I've tried my ways does anyone else feel this way and what do you do?

Even family, but with them they visit to try steal more ideas, borrow new personas, at first I thought that's lousy, but as true as true the very next week it's apparently what they said on Facebook.
I think they think I'm their make-it-up-factory

Yes, I've always had people repeat things I've said like it was their idea, or their joke. I've had multiple people write down things I say to do this, too (???). I've always found boundaries and respect enjoyable.

I've also noticed cameras everywhere nowadays for security

I hate that too. I thought all these people had social skills? :) We can't trust each other??

I've had it a lot too. Especially with jokes I've made. It's why I took so many years to share my art online. Even now, it fills me with dread.

Part of me would just like to delete my art page again. Truth be told, I used to just draw for my own pleasure. People injected a lot of "shouldism" in my direction:

"You should sell these."
"You should make prints."
"You should get a website."
"You should make a Facebook page."
"You should get Instagram."
"You should make adverts."
"You should do craft fairs."
"You should do postcards and art card."

I tried every single one of these, and my gut was not happy with any of them. Done a few exhibitions. Only sold 2 originals in over 15 years of art.

I'm at a point where I no longer enjoy drawing. When I draw I feel overwhelmed with all the above things I feel like I should be doing.

But yes, you only have to look at the world as a whole to see it's full of people profiting off imitation.

At work recently I provided ideas to my boss who shot them down immediately. Then regurgitated them back to me weeks later saying that I should be doing them. Oh Lord. It's one way to light a fire under me. But yes, I've encountered it a lot.

Ed

Ideas are just thoughts without follow through. This is why they cannot be patented. They require the show your work phase as well because much of the time someone else has a similar thought or idea.

e.g.

Meyer (German chemist) and Mendeleev (Russian chemist) and the development of the Periodic Table.

Bell and Meucci and Gray and the telephone...

Genres of books, movies, music, art styles, etc...

Books on business management and/or motivation share a lot of the same key concepts used in psychology and personal growth. The only major difference, the guy hocking the concept. Fad diets and lifestyle 'systems', same thing. New and original are mosaic variations on historic archetypes.

I speak what amounts to little more than glass rabbit chewed word salad, but someone still tried to pass of my work as their own. Why bother?

Last edited:
The thing about cameras everywhere is that the more of them there are, the less they really see. Watching requires that something sees, takes notice, follows, keeps records, and then repeats every day, all the time.

Cameras alone don't do this, it requires some form of intelligence behind the cameras, and while AI can do it, with countless hundreds, thousands, even millions of people to see, there's nothing to mark any of us out as worth keeping tabs on, unless we do something that rises above the noise level of common behaviors.

More cameras means they're there 'just in case' something worthy of recoding is caught in the frame. Fewer cameras are really rather more of a menace because they're more likely to be used by people 'in authority' for targeted or malicious purposes.

Twice While working at different employer I Have seen someone gets the bright idea of putting a data an data acquisition program in place. the issue is it is only good that once it happens it's to late to fix, they always forget this part. If only God is watching no one is watching. SPC with someone interpreting is more effective.

The thing about cameras everywhere is that the more of them there are, the less they really see. Watching requires that something sees, takes notice, follows, keeps records, and then repeats every day, all the time.

Cameras alone don't do this, it requires some form of intelligence behind the cameras, and while AI can do it, with countless hundreds, thousands, even millions of people to see, there's nothing to mark any of us out as worth keeping tabs on, unless we do something that rises above the noise level of common behaviors.

More cameras means they're there 'just in case' something worthy of recoding is caught in the frame. Fewer cameras are really rather more of a menace because they're more likely to be used by people 'in authority' for targeted or malicious purposes.
Frankly the more I hear about technological advances relative to AI is beginning to make me cringe. That if such technology becomes so routinely available to the public in the form of search engines and 3-D digital printers, the sanctity of original ideas and intellectual property rights could potentially be lost on a huge scale.

Worse still to imagine so many students of higher education utilizing such technology to demolish classroom "learning curves". With college professors having to utilize the same technology just to neutralize the possibilities.

And to think that "Sky Net" in the film "The Terminator" was supposed to be fiction. :eek:

Last edited:
People spout unsolicited advice all day because either they have the wisdom, passion or critique for said idea or someone has enabled them to feel they can do that without you setting a boundary.

The logical frameworks people possess are built upon others mostly and if someone has an idea that has repeatability and pure evidence that supersedes your logic then one only could at the very least adopt it or put it in the wisdom bag to cash out later.

Frankly the more I hear about technological advances relative to AI is beginning to make me cringe. That if such technology becomes so routinely available to the public in the form of search engines and 3-D digital printers, the sanctity of original ideas and intellectual property rights could potentially be lost on a huge scale.

Worse still to imagine so many students of higher education utilizing such technology to demolish classroom "learning curves". With college professors having to utilize the same technology just to neutralize the possibilities.

And to think that "Sky Net" in the film "The Terminator" was supposed to be fiction. :eek:
We should never underestimate the capacity of humans to totally mess up a good idea, usually by trying to monetize it. Look what they did with the internet. That's only a small problem compared to the misuses AI will offer.

And students have been cheating in colleges and universities for as long as there have been works available to plagiarize, AI just makes it very much harder to spot and weed out.

We should never underestimate the capacity of humans to totally mess up a good idea, usually by trying to monetize it.
A classic reason why science can come up with artificial intelligence, but not a cure for cancer. When the true intent of such considerations lies in the notion of repeat customers - first and foremost.

That which generates capital. Not that which terminates the ills of society.

Ideas are just thoughts without follow through. This is why they cannot be patented. They require the show your work phase as well because much of the time someone else has a similar thought or idea.

e.g.

Meyer (German chemist) and Mendeleev (Russian chemist) and the development of the Periodic Table.

Bell and Meucci and Gray and the telephone...

Genres of books, movies, music, art styles, etc...

Books on business management and/or motivation share a lot of the same key concepts used in psychology and personal growth. The only major difference, the guy hocking the concept. Fad diets and lifestyle 'systems', same thing. New and original are mosaic variations on historic archetypes.

I speak what amounts to little more than glass rabbit chewed word salad, but someone still tried to pass of my work as their own. Why bother?
I realise what you saying is true, but for me it takes more time to get my head around marketing....and then it takes a social better fly to go out there and sell your concepts, or money to make it happen.
So I never became succesful in owning my own business even though many times I wanted to, drew up plans but never did

I realise what you saying is true, but for me it takes more time to get my head around marketing....and then it takes a social better fly to go out there and sell your concepts, or money to make it happen.
So I never became succesful in owning my own business even though many times I wanted to, drew up plans but never did

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed your post was more about boundaries and respect, rather than the best way to get ideas out there. When a lot of people hear a good joke or insight they say, "Ooo, I'm going to steal that." To most people this is totally appropriate, and they like the idea of presenting themselves a certain way. They want a certain response. To me it's disingenuous and distasteful. You're not being yourself. If I said something funny to a group it's because it popped into my head, or I wanted the challenge of making a joke. Most people, in my experience, do it for self-image.

A classic reason why science can come up with artificial intelligence, but not a cure for cancer. When the true intent of such considerations lies in the notion of repeat customers - first and foremost.

That which generates capital. Not that which terminates the ills of society.
It is in the charter of the American Cancer Society that they will disband when a cure is found. Which guarantees that a cure won’t be found. Too much money, too many jobs at stake. By definition, a cure is the last thing you’ll sell somebody, a one time profit. Long term use of Rolaids causes heartburn.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed your post was more about boundaries and respect, rather than the best way to get ideas out there. When a lot of people hear a good joke or insight they say, "Ooo, I'm going to steal that." To most people this is totally appropriate, and they like the idea of presenting themselves a certain way. They want a certain response. To me it's disingenuous and distasteful. You're not being yourself. If I said something funny to a group it's because it popped into my head, or I wanted the challenge of making a joke. Most people, in my experience, do it for self-image.
Our family came to RSA not really out of choice but some Austrians had invited us and financially we had no choice.
Growing up over the years was difficult in that so many mixed nations as well as usual social difficulties. My mother said for my career orientation eventually that I should work outdoors with animals but you need to have studied that and it was clicky. Said in no words that this dutch colony was their nature reserve and they took best jobs for themselves. Ironically Madagascar is rain forest that fell under first conservation laws but you can't tell people this.
I had to create my own opportunities and my father would side against me telling me to grow up. So I did go make new life but now they come over and inspect my national geographics, look at my artifact collections, but in way.
There are cameras everywhere, restaurants, malls even at work.
It's question of when have cameras gone too far? Obviously computers is less issue as mostly you at desk but some of businesses with Germans tend to be highly secretive, I thinks there's hidden cameras and I've being silenced about number of things I see, but I believe in telling people what I see and asking them if it sounds right

I've wanted to leave the country many times over control issues. I still want to go to Australia and then I know I can honestly say something here wasn't right. I've never agreed on what do with police dogs but I got tired of being victimised. So back to the black sheep in family and discussing this.... My father is impossible, when I tell him how we struggle financially he changes subject to look at these angels, are they not most beautiful you've ever seen.
I grew up listening to fights over debts, money and I'm tired of it. My disgrace of father served on South West border to pay German debts, his latest theory is biblical advice to me. So I responded with Jeremiah and he just echnores and does as he pleases.

I think I must leave....this is problem.

When I was younger I didn't like training of dogs, so I fed them livers and let them out with me to walk in forest. I'd let em adhere to call of the wild.....and when they got out and disappeared he blamed me, rightfully so. I eventually told him they are free and wolves in forest....
I went to stay with my Mom because he hit my knuckles so hard I think he nearly broke my hands. Never spoke for aeons of time.

But in my heart of hearts they were unconditioned and allowed to roam free, experience love and I'm proud of myself, he hated me!!

Do what makes you happy...fight through what doesn't.
17 years ago I really had a meltdown, but it was from keeping quiet for so long about people and way things went and were always going. I suppose I didn't calculate my reaction as I just lost it and that wasn't me who had learnt this control, but they pushed the line that day. I can't remember half of what I did, but I remember pacing in doctors office, going to toilet, jumping out little window and trying to run away from doctor who said I was insane.
I spent 72 hrs under observation and was committed. I told the doctor what they had done, but he said they were worried to release me so I went bananas. Took about 3 months to get out, the anti-psychotic made me do stuff I had to get meds to combat side effect and sneak off drugs. I packed up shortly and left.

I'm not going to blow a fuse, I'm just planning to move away and then I think it's time I teach my kids my ultimate lesson on independence thinking!!

I think I must leave....this is problem.

When I was younger I didn't like training of dogs, so I fed them livers and let them out with me to walk in forest. I'd let em adhere to call of the wild.....and when they got out and disappeared he blamed me, rightfully so. I eventually told him they are free and wolves in forest....
I went to stay with my Mom because he hit my knuckles so hard I think he nearly broke my hands. Never spoke for aeons of time.

But in my heart of hearts they were unconditioned and allowed to roam free, experience love and I'm proud of myself, he hated me!!

Yes, we must be ourselves. Adhere to instinct...Logos...the Way. Whatever you want to call it.

New Threads

Top Bottom