• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker

DEFINITELY watch this movie, it's so good! I know I nit pick it a lot, but that's because I love Star Wars so much and I guess it's sort of like Grandma fixing your collar before you go out. I want everything to be "just so".

This movie plays a lot like an opera, and has an ending nearly as tragic as Madame Butterfly. It's beautiful.

P.S. I have already watched it twice, and right now we are watching the whole saga from Phantom Menace onward on Disney Plus, and then we are going back to see it again. I really recommend seeing it in 3D, but the standard film is a feast for the eyes as well.

I realized something. They sort of allude that Emperor Palpatine is Darth Sidious in The Rise of Skywalker. He says "I have died before".

Here is a video I found on YouTube of the final battle of Exegol. Warning.. don't watch it if you haven't seen the movie!! It doesn't show the ending though.

Here's a video from The Last Jedi. It's a cross between the battle scene and Led Zeppelin. It's really cool.

The movie was a mess. There were absolutely no stakes to anything. Except for the ending, which I did not care much about. The redemption arc was too weak to me.

Why did Rose Tico disappear into the background, and why did we get new characters that get too little screen time to be developed. And why is Finn only there to scream "Rey!", when she does something dangerous. And why do we never learn his secret. Finn deserved a better story in this movie.

The movie was a mess. There were absolutely no stakes to anything. Except for the ending, which I did not care much about. The redemption arc was too weak to me.

Why did Rose Tico disappear into the background, and why did we get new characters that get too little screen time to be developed. And why is Finn only there to scream "Rey!", when she does something dangerous. And why do we never learn his secret. Finn deserved a better story in this movie.

I think Finn generally just got jipped throughout the entire trilogy. The Force Awakens had something but then the next two films just did pretty much nothing with his character.

Something else I've found which I thought was interesting; YouTube user Overlord DVD giving his opinion on why the new force powers Rey uses (Force Healing and Force Teleportation) along with the way Disney handled the Force Ghosts ruin the Skywalker Saga as it leaves major plot holes - especially as the series no longer has the Expanded Universe to fall back on as Disney rendered almost all the EU "non-canon".

Why did Rey desperately scream "CHEWIE!!!!" when she thought she killed him, but when her love interest dies in her arms after literally giving his life to save her, she is silent and has a loving look on her face?

Something else I've found which I thought was interesting; YouTube user Overlord DVD giving his opinion on why the new force powers Rey uses (Force Healing and Force Teleportation) along with the way Disney handled the Force Ghosts ruin the Skywalker Saga as it leaves major plot holes - especially as the series no longer has the Expanded Universe to fall back on as Disney rendered almost all the EU "non-canon".

Some people are speculating that based on the map in Rey's book, Exegol is located in the World Between Worlds, where Ahsoka Tano had to be rescued. Ergo, neither Palps nor Ben are actually dead, and I am wondering if they are setting up a sequel. Time travel may be involved, as this is how Ahsoka was saved from there.

The extended universe still is canon. The Disney Star Wars are just expensive fanfic.

Why did Rey desperately scream "CHEWIE!!!!" when she thought she killed him, but when her love interest dies in her arms after literally giving his life to save her, she is silent and has a loving look on her face?
Chewie was fine though, we learn that almost immediately. C-3PO has to have his memory wiped, goodbye friends! no. no just kidding, this emotional moment meant nothing because we have a back-up. Kylo Ren gets impaled. Nope, we can force heal now. Even bring back the dead, amazing. Glad we did that, cause otherwise he couldn't sacrifice himself for a woman who has very little reason to actually love him.

Just got done watching the prequel trilogy on Disney Plus. I'm watching all the movies in order and then I'm going to watch Rise of Skywalker again. I saw a lot of parallels between Revenge of the Sith and Rise of Skywalker.

Another video from Overlord DVD. Also, if what he'd said about an extended version of the Rise of Skywalker ending had happened (
Rey is watching the sunset, but with her eyes glowing yellow - showing that Palpatine has indeed possessed her and thus has completely destroyed the Skywalker family
), I wouldn't have been surprised:

Additionally, Overlord DVD has just posted another video - which I can't post here due to bad language but to give you the basic story, Reylo fans - people who imagine Rey and Kylo falling in love and having a relationship together (as unlikely as that is considering what Kylo has done) - have been harassing JJ Abrams, the cast members and Lucasfilm employees as well as sending death threats to them because Rey and Kylo don't get together at the end of the film.

This makes me laugh as Disney, Lucasfilm and the media have been attacking actual fans of Star Wars for years now when they point out legitimate problems with the movie - calling us "ists", "phobes", "manbabies", "toxic", etc. - while now its their 'new' audience who is proving themselves to truly be the "toxic" ones.
(I'll let you see the video yourself of your own volition but be aware, some of what the 'Reylos' say in their tweets is shocking with just how vile the tweets are).

Last edited:
I have a question for y'all. My daughter and I are watching all the Star wars from episode 1 onward in a big marathon. Do you guys think that Solo and Rogue 1 are canon, or should I just skip them?

Maybe it's best that Kylo died, even if he did turn back to the good side. After all, he's an international war criminal, and unless he plans on spending his life hiding in Mos Isley on Tatooine, he will have to go to some kind of court tribunal for his crimes.

I just saw TROS tonight and I liked it. It is better than TLJ and there was even one scene where I believe was a jab at TLJ and while I did like this and will rewatch it I think there were some missed opportunities here.I would’ve really like to see the force ghost of Anakin appearing and not just hearing his voice along with the other past Jedi.

The Reylo thing I saw coming a mile away,even when I watched TFA I believed that this was going to happen. Besides my criticisms I found the action to be good and also there were patch ups of elements that I disliked from the previous film.

Is it my favourite Star Wars movie? no but it is definitely the best out of this trilogy though sadly it doesn’t fix the entire trilogy.

I have heard that there is a cut scene from this movie that reveals that Finns secret was that he is force sensitive and even though they have cut this scene there are still hints in the movie that this may be true.

I have heard that there is a cut scene from this movie that reveals that Finns secret was that he is force sensitive and even though they have cut this scene there are still hints in the movie that this may be true.
Well, yeah. It was that, or he was in love with Rey. But since they're were pushing another love story, the latter would be unlikely. The movie gave us more than enough evidence to connect the dots. But like that one scene with Lando and the other ex-stormtrooper... there was this whole story, but instead the plot thread wasn't pursued and she amounted to space horses.

Everyone HAS TO watch this.

This person fixed the ending of Rise of Skywalker. It's so much better. It's beautiful.

This exists.
Bollywood Star Wars. Very low budget, but still not worse than the Christmas Special.

New Threads

Top Bottom