• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SPACE IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely belong in space. My entire Stationals music project is based on dreams that I have so often concerning space travel, space studies, etc. All the lyrics are full of space terms as much as possible to tell the stories, too. I've actually been writing new stuff, and I'm incorporating what I have been dreaming and pondering about per what technology is going to become and its use in space travel. I love this stuff.

I was almost suspended from a youth club as a teen by claiming stars were big like our own sun, they teachers said they were so small they could fit in your living room.
Just.
Wow.

I like how it's called "space." We found it and were like, "Wow, there's basically nothing but open space here. Let's call it space."

A day on Venus is about 5.8 earth months, which is pretty long. I'm writing a narritave essay about a bunch of humans who live on Venus for English class.
I don't know why I felt like mentioning that.
Did you know that there might be life on Venus??? Either that or a weird chemical thingy that rocky planefs aren't supposed to make but Venus does it anyways because it's really cool
Speaking of Venus, here are 2 rare pictures of the surface from the Soviet Venera 13 probe from 1982 (but you probably know all about the Venera program anyway :))

surfaceofvenus.jpg

A day on Venus is about 5.8 earth months, which is pretty long. I'm writing a narritave essay about a bunch of humans who live on Venus for English class.
I don't know why I felt like mentioning that.
Did you know that there might be life on Venus??? Either that or a weird chemical thingy that rocky planefs aren't supposed to make but Venus does it anyways because it's really cool
What is REALLY cool is that we now have enough information about other planets that we can compare and contrast geological processes. Water erosion on Mars, very similar to Earth. Volcanoes on Venus, but distinctly weird. Lots of other stuff I find fascinating.

@Fino Your brother probably believes in the Hologram theory.
That everything is like in the Matrix.

1566497100981.jpg

So, who is running the show?

Not that this is such a good source. But according to this website How much do NASA, ESA and SpaceX pay astronauts? , NASA pays astronauts roughly 100.000$ a year, about 9.000$ per month (rounded it). ESA seems to pay a bit less.
But you get sweet benefits, retirement contributions, and bragging rights... plus maybe book deals and a YouTube channel to post clickbait videos about "50 signs that you were born to be an astronaut" :)

Oh, cool, I didn't know about Venera.

Leaks out of the NFL combine this weekend revealed that more kids believe the Earth is flat or just don't even believe in Space at all. Look up the articles and interviews. They're hilarious.

Even though I knew I had no chance of being hired, I actually submitted an application to NASA to be an astronaut. This was probably about 1980 and NASA was hiring.

Leaks out of the NFL combine this weekend revealed that more kids believe the Earth is flat or just don't even believe in Space at all. Look up the articles and interviews. They're hilarious.
Can you give us some links? I find belief in flat earth both funny and disturbing.

It's getting convoluted already how many articles are out there about the guys, but the main two guys causing a stir are Texas Tech DE - Tyler Owens....and....Illinois TE - Tip Reiman. These two lads are something else.

Space is cool but it's also scary. Black holes, comets, asteroids, radioactive clouds. I've often seen outer space on TV and movies being shown as being quiet and serene, but there really is some pretty scary stuff out there.
Which is ironic, since I've often daydreamed about living in outer space in a big private ship with everything I need and desire, including gravity.

I have this crazy dream that'll probably never come true, but I never stop believing it's possible. I want to see humans either invent or reverse engineer FTL technology so I can retire in my golden years and spend that time traveling the galaxy with my future wife. Then, we can go on a galactic safari and see all the weird and wonderful life that's evolved on countless other worlds. Then, when I die, I want to be buried on Mars. I would be among the first humans to have been born on Earth and buried on another world. In all the time I will have lived by then, it would be a testament to all we can achieve.

New Threads

Top Bottom