• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SPACE IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe

A day on Venus is about 5.8 earth months, which is pretty long. I'm writing a narritave essay about a bunch of humans who live on Venus for English class.
I don't know why I felt like mentioning that.
Did you know that there might be life on Venus??? Either that or a weird chemical thingy that rocky planefs aren't supposed to make but Venus does it anyways because it's really cool

I want to go into space but I'm scared because I'll probably suffer severe motion sickness. Also I worry about the rocket exploding as it takes off, killing me immediately. In fact I'd probably get claustrophobia and want to get out. I just wish I could be put into a temporary sleep on my way up there so that when I wake up I'd already have arrived in space. Wow, would be an exciting experience, and I heard you can become a millionaire by going into space.

I want to go into space but I'm scared because I'll probably suffer severe motion sickness. Also I worry about the rocket exploding as it takes off, killing me immediately. In fact I'd probably get claustrophobia and want to get out. I just wish I could be put into a temporary sleep on my way up there so that when I wake up I'd already have arrived in space. Wow, would be an exciting experience, and I heard you can become a millionaire by going into space.
Those fears are VERY valid. Assuming you'd be flying with NASA, they do have pretty safe ships. There's about a 96% chance you wouldn't die. To enhance safety, rockets undergo a process called human-rating. This involves understanding potential failure modes at a higher level of fidelity and implementing measures to prevent or mitigate failures. Now, with thw motion sickness and claustrophobia thing, I feel like if you're a good enough canidate for an astronaut, you'd be allowed to be put in like a medically induced coma to go to space. But then again, there's also some simulations that you have to go through in astronaut training that could make you motion sick, you might have to stick with programming rockets or something

I don't think I have the brains or the interest to program rockets lol. I just wanna go up in space.

I love reading about the latest discoveries and looking at those beautiful photos from the Webb telescope.

A team of scientists from Cardiff University found this:
The team of scientists claimed to have found phosphine gas in the planet's atmosphere. This gas, primarily released by living organisms, has been found in regions deeper than previously observed, raising the possibility of extraterrestrial life.

Read more at:
Evidence of potential life on Venus found!

A day on Venus is about 5.8 earth months, which is pretty long. I'm writing a narritave essay about a bunch of humans who live on Venus for English class.
I don't know why I felt like mentioning that.
Did you know that there might be life on Venus??? Either that or a weird chemical thingy that rocky planefs aren't supposed to make but Venus does it anyways because it's really cool
Yes!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!
It's so awesome!
I find it also so interesting that a day on Mars (sol) is almost the same length that a day on earth (24h39s), but imagine seeing 2 moons in the sky. And that all of Uranus' moons are named after a character from Shakespeare.
Your essay idea sounds really cool!
Have you read the books by Andy Weir? I hyperfocused on them so much, I cooked and cleaned with a book in front of my eyes, and I couldn't fall asleep during the time because I was so excited.
If you ever want to talk / exchange fun facts about space, send me a message.

Good morning fellow space aficionados! Here are 2 sunrise pics I screenshoted from one of the cameras on the International Space Station.

sunrise2-png.98755

sunrise4-png.98756

space is pretty awesome, been an obsession of mine since i was a kid.

got this book about the universe (aptly called universe) that's hella outdated (it's from 2006) but the whole book is basically just pictures of things from space starting at earth (with informative text about the photo and what it is below, of course) and everything else is organized by how far it is from earth (with the book stating the distance from earth)

and even though the book is nearly 20 years old, it really still makes you realize how we know so much about space and yet as a species, we've made practically made no steps at exploring the cosmos because the first object after earth to be covered is the moon. and well the moon is just 1.3 light seconds from earth. and the book makes it clear: we're only 1.3 light seconds away from our planet and yet we've already reached the farthest (and only) extraterrestrial object that humans have walked upon.

I want to go into space but I'm scared because I'll probably suffer severe motion sickness.
Interestingly, NASA has a (somewhat joking) unit of measurement for motion sickness: The Garn, or Garn scale, named after US senator Jake Garn, the person who apparently suffered the most space sickness of any astronaut.

Interestingly, NASA has a (somewhat joking) unit of measurement for motion sickness: The Garn, or Garn scale, named after US senator Jake Garn, the person who apparently suffered the most space sickness of any astronaut.

Lol I get motion sickness going on the teacups at the fair, so... :tearsofjoy:

Have you ever heard of someone who doesn't believe in space? My brother doesn't!
I was almost suspended from a youth club as a teen by claiming stars were big like our own sun, they teachers said they were so small they could fit in your living room.

I was almost suspended from a youth club as a teen by claiming stars were big like our own sun, they teachers said they were so small they could fit in your living room.
Wow, what grown person, a TEACHER, thinks that?
And I thought I was dumb.

New Threads

Top Bottom