• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you like from TV Shows or Movies

Doctor Who theme track.
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy soundtrack.
Follyfoot soundtrack.
The Goodies.
The Wombles soundtrack (Yes, seriously!)

I'm imagining your small talk..

'Do you like the wombles?'
Small talk? What's that? :)

No, it would be "do you like the theme tune from the Wombles?" I wasn't really that interested in the Wombles in itself, but loved the theme tune. And Wombles album, which I listened to over and over again.

Small talk? What's that? :)

No, it would be "do you like the theme tune from the Wombles?" I wasn't really that interested in the Wombles in itself, but loved the theme tune. And Wombles album, which I listened to over and over again.

Well screw you, I also liked the wombles.
There I said it.

Adding a bit of invective for maximum small talk effect :)

Well screw you, I also liked the wombles.
There I said it.

Adding a bit of invective for maximum small talk effect :)
The Wombles totally rock.
"The Wombles are wimbled and common are we"
"Making good use of the things that we find; things that the everyday folks leave behind"
"People don't notice us, they never see / under their noses a Womble may be"
"We're so incredibly, utterly devious, making the most of everything folks leave behind."
:)

"Making good use of the things that we find; things that the everyday folks leave behind"
"We're so incredibly, utterly devious, making the most of everything folks leave behind."

I could only add two words to that...

Bernard Cribbins

I can just about forgive the Wombles for that ultra annoying tune they had in the charts back in the mid to late 70's, "Remember you're a Womble", it was one of those annoying songs that just gets etched into your brain for all the wrong reasons.

Oh and by the way, it wasn't "The Wombles are wimbled and common are we" it was "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we", I'm actually old enough to remember the original series :D

I can just about forgive the Wombles for that ultra annoying tune they had in the charts back in the mid to late 70's, "Remember you're a Womble", it was one of those annoying songs that just gets etched into your brain for all the wrong reasons.

Oh and by the way, it wasn't "The Wombles are wimbled and common are we" it was "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we", I'm actually old enough to remember the original series :D

Yeah, I remember seeing that song on Top of the Pops when I was a kid. Don't know why it was on Top of the Pops but it was.

I could only add two words to that...

Bernard Cribbins
Oh, so that's the guy who does the voice over? I didn't know that.
Oh and by the way, it wasn't "The Wombles are wimbled and common are we" it was "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we", I'm actually old enough to remember the original series
I just wrote what I heard while listening to the track. That's what I heard when I listened to it as a child, too. I always did have that issue, that I don't hear things correctly. Plus I'm getting old :( Btw, I'm older that you are.

Oh, so that's the guy who does the voice over? I didn't know that.

I just wrote what I heard while listening to the track. That's what I heard when I listened to it as a child, too. I always did have that issue, that I don't hear things correctly. Plus I'm getting old :( Btw, I'm older that you are.

Not by much.

You were supposed to post a video of bernard cribbins singing right said fred. It Would have been maximum points.

It's non understandable :)
Some people would think of bernard cribbins and then think of this song. Didnt work for you :)

Thanks :) I'd never even heard of Bernard Cribbins until you mentioned him yesterday and I Googled him. Just shows you how hopeless I am on pop culture. I have heard that song, but didn't know who sang it. Now I know.

Thanks :) I'd never even heard of Bernard Cribbins until you mentioned him yesterday and I Googled him. Just shows you how hopeless I am on pop culture. I have heard that song, but didn't know who sang it. Now I know.

I can sell you a bernard cribbins t-shirt for $25 (was 49.99)

Sales mastery technique no 4.

Pop culture from about 47 years ago probably.

New Threads

Top Bottom