• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you like from TV Shows or Movies

AGXStarseed

Sometime we'll be watching a TV show or Movie and we hear a song in the movie that we haven't heard before and it sticks with us - with us searching later on to try and find the song and get hold of it.
Some of these songs are deliberately written for the TV show/Movie to help forward the plot or entertain the kids (Disney is a prime example here), while others are songs that are just put in. Furthermore, sometimes a song you like can even be in the introduction.

Here's a few songs from TV Shows/Movies that I like as an example:

1. "Voodoo Child" by Rogue Traders - Doctor Who
The revived Doctor Who series in 2005 onward did have a few good songs thrown in every now and then. I still remember watching the episode End of the World and listening to the Britney Spears' song Toxic playing during part of it.
This song, however, was played during the episode The Sound of Drums, and is briefly played as Doctor Who villain The Master - having defeated the Doctor and assassinated the US President - takes over Earth with 6 billion cyborg creatures known as the Toclefane. To put it simply, when I first heard it, I loved it; seeing a big bad villain take over Earth while playing a song in the background was pretty awesome. The amount of times I rewound that segment on my VHS after I had recorded that episode was unbelievable. (I kept recording stuff to VHS tape until the digital switch-over).

2. "Red Dwarf Theme" by Jenna Russell - Red Dwarf
Some more BBC cult sci-fi for you now. This is a piece of music that starts up like an epic build up and then becomes a rather good song as it continues. Jenna only sings the second part of the theme (2:32 onward), but it's a song that I love to listen to, and it was clearly a hit with the show's fans as even now the song is played in the shows credits.
If I ever had a spaceship and decided to go and explore the universe, this is the first song I would play upon leaving Earth.

3. "Somebody has to pay" by Lola Rennt - Witchblade
Played in the pilot episode of a 2001/2002 live action adaption of the comic book series. Witchblade focused on a cop called Sara Pezzini (played by Yancy Butler) becoming the bearer of a supernatural gauntlet called the Witchblade - which she uses to help solve her cases and defeat wrongdoers both conventional and supernatural.
This song is played quite fittingly as she hunts down information regarding the Mafia boss Tommy Gallo (who killed her father, her best friend and her partner).

4. "Who's Johnny" by El DeBarge - Short Circuit
A song from a cheesey yet innocent movie about a robot called Number 5 - who has been built for war purposes - becoming 'alive' after been struck by lightning.
This song is one that Number 5 briefly plays on the radio (and dances to) while driving a truck. I honestly don't know what it is about this song that I love so much, but whatever the reason it puts me in a good mood whenever I listen to it.

5. "Walking on Air" by Stephen Bishop - The Boy Who Could Fly
In the spirit of honesty, I'd never heard of this movie until a few years back. After hearing good reviews and managing to get a copy, I'm glad I did; it was a nice movie and, despite been a bit slow at times, showed a touching story of a girl and an autistic boy falling in love with the "title gives it away" fantasy element thrown in.
This song played in the credits and I love it. I've since grabbed some other Stephen Bishop songs after listening to this.

I'll probably add some more in the comments section later.

I have no idea how I'd never heard "Sister Ray" before, being that I quite like the Velvet Underground (at least when they were still working with John Cale), but I heard it during the closing credits of Brick, and really it's kind of a jarring end to that film (which is a very brooding and slightly bizarre modern-day film noir), but...I like!

First heard this on an episode of House:

They are an Australian hard rock band called Wolfmother, with a lot of retro metal and pre-metal influences. I have all three albums that they have put out so far.

Here's a few more from me:

1. "Cruel to be Kind" by Letters to Cleo - 10 Things I Hate About You

2. "A Dream Worth Keeping" by Sheena Easton - Ferngully: The Last Rainforest

3. "In the Dark of the Night" by Jim Cummings - Anastasia

4. "Getta Bloomin Move On (The Self Preservation Society)" by The Wire-Haired Terriers Club - The Italian Job

5. "Where No One Goes" by Jonsi - How to Train your Dragon 2

Teddy Pendergrass "Somewhere I Belong" (closing theme to the movie D.A.R.Y.L.)...

Some more...

1. "Danger Zone" - Top Gun

2. "Reach for the Light" - Balto

3. "Hail Holy Queen" - Sister Act

4. "Pokemon Season One Theme Song" - Pokemon!

5. "I See You" - Avatar

A blast from the days when vampire were violent, bloody and cool, before they were emasculated into sparkly skinned, my little pony clones, from Twilight

And as you can't have one without the other...

Please Wake Up - Once Upon a Forest

Journey to the Past - Anastacia

Love Survives - All Dogs Go To Heaven

Why Should I Worry? - Disney's Oliver and Company

Whizzpopper Song - The BFG

If We Hold On Together - The Land Before Time

Looking Through Your Eyes - Quest for Camelot

Love will find a way - The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

The Winds of Winter - The Ugly Duckling (1997)

Strangers Like Me - Disney's Tarzan

I'm an absolute sucker for sappy end credit ballads. Especially the really over-the-top ones with heavy orchestration and dreamy synthesizers.

Some have already been mentioned here (Steve Winwood's "Reach for the Light" from Balto, being one). Obviously Elton John is my personal spirit animal. But amongst my personal favs:

"I Will Always Be With You" - All Dogs Go to Heaven 2

"Somewhere Out There" - An American Tail

"God Help the Outcasts" - Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame

(Probably the most heartfelt ballad in a Disney movie)

And for something more on the darker side, from that same film comes quite possibly the darkest and most intense song from a Disney film ever recorded:

"Hellfire" -Disney's A Hunchback of Notre Dame

Really though, that whole film is amazing. It may have butchered Victor Hugo's original novel, but what they created turned out to be one of the most deepest and mature Disney animated films before Frozen.

This evokes some of the richest feelings of my childhood.
I loved the Indiana Jones films - watched them countless times.

New Threads

Top Bottom