• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you Despise!

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
What songs are like neurotypical nails on chalkboard for your delicate, refined aspie sensibilities?

I cannot stand The Human League! Especially this song.

Any version of Santa Baby...talk about killing the holiday spirit with covetous greed. Hate the song, hate the moral.

Jazz as a whole, particularly improv. Don't get me wrong, I respect the talent and skills of the musicians. It is just sensory torture for me, it literally makes my skin crawl, raises my blood pressure and my heart rate.

Music is one of my major regulatory stims and if I cannot find the rhythm or tune it out...nope.

Anything by Ace of Base. Because there was a period of time when my mother and sister would listen to that album over and over and over again. I cringe when I hear the opening bars of one of their songs now.

Also - all that she wants is another baby? Is that song about a welfare check scheme?

I dislike most modern country music (that's played on commercial radio)... Ugh!

Give me alt-country, or that country music genre that is more singer-songwriter and almost associated with folk music, so much better!

With one or two exceptions, all Christmas hits.
Most of stuff by girl/boy bands.

This: (WARNING: You may want to cover your ears or wear earplugs for this one).

I dislike radio country music and rap.
The station I listen to while driving has one song I really dislike.
I can't believe it's by Bon Jovi. He's one of my favorite artists.

The vast majority of rap music. Just awful to my ears.

Oh, not the songs as such but unnecessary swearing. It adds nothing to the track.

New Threads

Top Bottom