• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something You Always Carry With You

- wallet
- keys
- phone with music
- noise cancelling headphones
- cap

nothing really exciting

:)

The latest item? A Faraday pouch/bag to keep my wireless keyfob in.

It cuts off the signals it emits so hackers can't use a signal amplifier to eventually decrypt it and have the ability to steal my car. When I leave the car, I put the fob into the bag with is small enough to fit into my pocket.

And when I return to my car, I take the keyfob out of the pouch just as I am within a foot of the car to open the door. Otherwise if the fob is still in the pouch, the door remains locked no matter how close I am to it. :cool:

Keys and phone, I never answer the phone unless I know who it is and feel up to talking to them but I need it for the internet. Without the internet I wouldn't have access to autismforums.com and that would not be good!

I don't have anything right now though I definitely did in the past. I used to carry a stuffed animal around the neck so much that its head fell off (traumatic! But with surgery, Pammy the panda is still alive and well)...

Something slightly related which I haven't found in anyone else. Is I get obsessed with holding something that "feels right" in my hand. First time was a crystal in 5th grade, later it would be rocks, and one time when I was 22, I held a small plastic toy orange in my hand for over a week. I could switch hands momentarily but it made me feel way better to just have it. I'd go to sleep holding it and feel a wave of accomplishment or happiness when it was still in my hand the next morning. These usually only last a week or two (basically nonstop holding). But I often catch myself not putting stuff down on accident. (I'll carry a lighter inside school (which I shouldn't), or find that I've been clenching cash in my hand for an inappropriately extensive amount of time.

I think it's weird...but maybe related to ASD

I don't have anything right now though I definitely did in the past. I used to carry a stuffed animal around the neck so much that its head fell off (traumatic! But with surgery, Pammy the panda is still alive and well)...

Something slightly related which I haven't found in anyone else. Is I get obsessed with holding something that "feels right" in my hand. First time was a crystal in 5th grade, later it would be rocks, and one time when I was 22, I held a small plastic toy orange in my hand for over a week. I could switch hands momentarily but it made me feel way better to just have it. I'd go to sleep holding it and feel a wave of accomplishment or happiness when it was still in my hand the next morning. These usually only last a week or two (basically nonstop holding). But I often catch myself not putting stuff down on accident. (I'll carry a lighter inside school (which I shouldn't), or find that I've been clenching cash in my hand for an inappropriately extensive amount of time.

I think it's weird...but maybe related to ASD

I also always have my hacky sack. Good way to initiate a social gathering. Just start kicking it and people accumulate

Last edited:
I normally did this, too - but all of my silver now tarnishes within a day :-( And the necklaces started feeling uncomfortable, too, so it has been several months.
I can't remember the name but there is a chemical you can brush on the silver that stops you from being irritated by it think I saw it on QVC UK

Aside from a grudge against all the people who have wronged me in the past, I like to carry a bag that's full of enough things to trick me into the belief that I'm prepared for most emergencies. In reality, I'm just prepared for blisters, buttons that need mending, taking the bus & notes, and maybe dry hands...

Some form of sensory toy usually a few. My usual ones are my tangle, my snake, my thearpy sponge and my fingerling toy.

I also carry a doll, my head phones, my phone and often my tablet.

I carry I picture of my God Daugher and wear my pandora.

I always carry these 2 things:

1. A necklace I got for my birthday from a girl.
2. A handkerchief.

Number 1 is because this girl is someone I really like, I don't know how to process the fact that she is far away (penpal), but when I get her messages, skype calls, letters, I just feel like the happiest man on earth.
Number 2 is actually a habit I've had since a kid, my mom sent me to school with one and it proved to be useful (wipe out sweat when nervous either from forehead or hands, whenever I'm sick, etc.)

Aside from wallet, keys, earplugs and other necessities, North American Arms 22 magnum 5 shot derringer style revolver. Makes me feel secure. Plus, it's easier to pack than my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 magnum! ☺️

A Disney Tsum Tsum plush of Dory, a clear blue Tangle Jr toy, and usually at least one small hard/plastic toy - right now it's a flocked Disney Tsum Tsum toy of Thumper; before that it was a Funko "Pint Size Heroes" figurine of Peridot from Steven Universe, and even earlier than that, a Clumsy Smurf toy. Sometimes I'll carry tumbled orange calcite or rhodonite crystals, too. And that's just what I usually have in my pockets - if I'm carrying my bag anywhere, I'll pack even more comfort items in that. :blush: A couple of the mainstays in my bag are a tiny stuffed orca named Otis and a Safari LTD baby luck dragon figurine named Falkor. :grinning:

I totally forgot to add another thing I used to carry. When I was six years old, I used to carry the Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island movie on VHS. The case with the tape inside.:D I only carried it around the house but it really didn't last long.

I totally forgot to add another thing I used to carry. When I was six years old, I used to carry the Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island movie on VHS. The case with the tape inside.:D I only carried it around the house but it really didn't last long.
When I was like 3 or 4 I used to carry a tiny red suitcase like box with 45 rpm records in it.

New Threads

Top Bottom