• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something You Always Carry With You

sarah_r92

Wide awake in dreamland
I would love to ask is there something that you're attached to and would always take it with you? For me it's a wallet that has pictures of Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day in it. Whenever I would go out, I would always take it with me, but when I'm inside places I put it in my pocket because I don't want to hold it in public for everyone to see.

There are times when I can't find my wallet, I get panicky. It feels like it's a part of me and I don't want to lose it. But eventually I would find it and feel totally better.

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts.:)

my house keys ,purse(womans wallet -U.S) dont take photos in case i lose them im very sentimental,its not something material but i take the thought that i made the cats calm by telling them where im going,leaving a craft channel on with volume at a comfortable level so the house isnt suddenly different and blocks noises that make them too alert.

A small round red carnelian stone in a zipper pocket of my purse. Given to me for Valentines Day by someone I feel good being around. Sort of a Pebble and the Penguin thing.

I grew up in the same house my entire life up to the age of 27... When we sold the house in 1999 I had two house keys, so I kept one of them and it always stays on my key chain... And I am quite certain that the locks have been changed by now anyway... Just being a little sentimental...

I so wish I could have something with me that would make me feel better/calm me. I have tried this before with jewelry, whether it was my pendant or a prayer bracelet. I try to take overall comfort in my outfit in general and comfortable shoes - just making sure I feel very comfortable in how I feel and present myself. But I don't know if objects have helped - other than using the prayer bracelet under the table or in my pocket. I often can't just reach into my pocket privately, though, and I often am wearing skirts that have no pockets to begin with.

I also want to mention that when I was either 3 or 4 years old I used to carry a thing that I made (probably my mom helped me make it) and it was a paper with pictures of my family and Winnie The Pooh characters glued on it (also one of our cats we used to have). My mom told me that I was super attached to it and would always carry it with me. Carrying it so much made it start to get messed up and so my mom had to laminate it. I totally remember that picture.

Then when I was seven years old there were these party plates of Scooby-Doo and I loved watching the cartoon and so I would carry them around with me a lot. Eventually one of them had to get laminated too.:D

I stopped carrying them when I was 12 because at that time I had gotten into Green Day and started having a crush on Billie Joe, and so I started carrying the wallet with the pictures. The first one was not really a wallet, I think it was something you put trading cards in but I put the pictures inside. Then three years later I got a real wallet to put them in. I would get new wallets whenever they start to look old and ratty. I got a new one last year.

I also want to mention that when I was either 3 or 4 years old I used to carry a thing that I made (probably my mom helped me make it) and it was a paper with pictures of my family and Winnie The Pooh characters glued on it (also one of our cats we used to have). My mom told me that I was super attached to it and would always carry it with me. Carrying it so much made it start to get messed up and so my mom had to laminate it. I totally remember that picture.

Then when I was seven years old there were these party plates of Scooby-Doo and I loved watching the cartoon and so I would carry them around with me a lot. Eventually one of them had to get laminated too.:D

I stopped carrying them when I was 12 because at that time I had gotten into Green Day and started having a crush on Billie Joe, and so I started carrying the wallet with the pictures. The first one was not really a wallet, I think it was something you put trading cards in but I put the pictures inside. Then three years later I got a real wallet to put them in. I would get new wallets whenever they start to look old and ratty. I got a new one last year.
If I could keep a picture of someone with me that would give me comfort it would be Agent Cooper from Twin Peaks :) That may sound random, but I think I'm going to blog about that. As it is, I don't think the picture would help, but I do think keeping his character in mind would help.
About pictures, though - I use my pinterest boards a lot - they are therapeutic for me, and can be accessed via smartphone.

I would love to ask is there something that you're attached to and would always take it with you? For me it's a wallet that has pictures of Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day in it. Whenever I would go out, I would always take it with me, but when I'm inside places I put it in my pocket because I don't want to hold it in public for everyone to see.

There are times when I can't find my wallet, I get panicky. It feels like it's a part of me and I don't want to lose it. But eventually I would find it and feel totally better.

I always wear my christian cross around my neck :)

I normally did this, too - but all of my silver now tarnishes within a day :-( And the necklaces started feeling uncomfortable, too, so it has been several months.
Hi Ambi its good to meet another christian :) have you tryed silver cleaners ? hopefuly next time it will be comfortable for you.

Hi Ambi its good to meet another christian :) have you tryed silver cleaners ? hopefuly next time it will be comfortable for you.
I think the problem is that I started using one of those polishes that you dip the silver into for 3 seconds. But ever since doing that, the silver tarnishes badly within 1 day or so! Before, when I just polished it by hand, it wouldn't tarnish nearly that quickly. I went back to hand polishing, but it hasn't helped. I asked a jeweler, he said it's possible that if there had been some kind of protective finish/coat on the silver, I stripped it with the dip polish...? In any case, I may just need to buy a new chain and just keep dealing with polishing the pendants.

I think the problem is that I started using one of those polishes that you dip the silver into for 3 seconds. But ever since doing that, the silver tarnishes badly within 1 day or so! Before, when I just polished it by hand, it wouldn't tarnish nearly that quickly. I went back to hand polishing, but it hasn't helped. I asked a jeweler, he said it's possible that if there had been some kind of protective finish/coat on the silver, I stripped it with the dip polish...? In any case, I may just need to buy a new chain and just keep dealing with polishing the pendants.
Im sorry that that happened to you because i have used those polishes and i will dip my necklaces or jewerly into them for 3 to 5 seconds and it always makes the necklaces and jewerly look better and its also cleaner. And me personaly i don't think the dip polish would remove your finish or coat. You could keep wearing that chain you have or there are alot of other chains out there that i know you will like.

Cool topic!
1. Earplugs because of sensory troubles. NEVER w/o earplugs!
2. Homer's Iliad. This may be text or a Greek part I am working on at that moment.

Now you met another :)

A stone. It may seem just a normal stone for others but it's for some reason special for me. I brought it from my last trip in my origin country and since then I take it with me whenever I can. Spinning it in a pocket has also become my favourite stim.

I always liked stones. As a kid I would bring special stones from everywhere and give them to people I found important. Still, this one is mine stone.

Also headphones. Not going anywhere without my music and the excuse for not hearing and ignoring everything.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom