• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something Good

Got a job hopefully in two weeks (just a short term one) and my information is going to be given tomorrow morning, and I’m quite grateful for this but I am also now having issues with trying to think with my brain Because I am (worth it) sleep deprived with looking after little owl cat. Who is doing okay today - eaten more food, had a drink, walked around but still not toileted But apparently that’s common , he has had some movements of his stomach because he keeps letting off gas, so that’s good. Hopefully, he’ll produce something.

Something good, someone sent me a card and some stuff in the mail, that doesn't sound like a big deal but it was very special for me and I just think it was really nice. The kind of nice that is a little overwhelming in a nice way and you don't know what to say.
It's always nice to get something in the mail. Definitely a good thing.

Potato Cat was waiting for me by the front window when I got back from an appointment this morning. This is the first time he has done this since his trauma last August. Usually he just stays downstairs until I bring the dogs up. My boy is getting his confidence back. He greeted me at the door.

It's always nice to get something in the mail. Definitely a good thing.

It is, right? And I like the old fashion way of getting mail, actually walking to the mailbox and checking if there's anything in it. And sometimes there's something special there.

Last edited:
It is, right? And I like the old fashion way of getting mail, actually walking to the mailbox and checking if there's anything in it. And sometimes there's something special there.

And I like to cover my letters and packages with stamps, so you the recipient knows that it's not just some commercial package, but something that someone sent with regards :)

Something really changed over the last year. I did a lot of work on myself and now I feel so much better.
I think this is the year I’m really finding myself.

DCD10B76-6B5F-48DB-A9B9-C9FE505013DA.jpeg

Sometimes you forget you have things tucked away for when they are most needed. They are forgotten about until that moment...and then you look at these old words and realize you wouldn't change a single one.

That is truth...few will fully comprehend, but as long as one person understands, it is enough.

Beautiful, brash, and bombastic...it is one of my favourite pieces. The Tale of the Heckler.

Last edited:
Sometimes you forget you have things tucked away for when they are most needed. They are forgotten about until that moment...and then you look at these old words and realize you wouldn't change a single one.

That is truth...few will fully comprehend, but as long as one person understands, it is enough.

Beautiful, brash, and bombastic...it is one of my favourite pieces. The Tale of the Heckler.
I was just checking that thread out and thinking wow, @Darkkin basically just gave us a small book here to read… What a gift. I’m looking forward to checking it out, saving it like a small present for this evening when the world is calm and the time is mine.

We're currently doing a thing to raise funds for the Turkey-Syria earthquakes.
Yesterday we had a busking thing.
We have been given a unit in the shopping centre, we've been there nearly 2 years now.
I sang a couple of songs, and read a poem I wrote.
I enjoyed listening to others singing and reading poems as well.
That was yesterday, I still think they're raising funds, all this week, and evenings.

I submitted a song to a community I've been a part of for way too long for a compilation, and the response I got back was not what I expected; they decided that they liked it so much that they wanted to do an entire remix album / EP out of just my track. It wasn't even my idea, either, and I love when people remix things I've made!

Probably some of the genuinely nicest people in the world, too. I'm genuinely excited for this

I just won a brand new Mac Book Pro and an iPhone14. I didn't even know there was a competition, I was just watching some youtube videos and got selected as a random viewer.

Thanks for the winner badge @Neri but it's now looking like I might have been scammed. I just had to pay postage to recieve my prize. I kick myself and kick myself when I get sucked in like this but I seem to be a slow learner at some things. Reported to Scamwatch, they'll get back to me in the morning. Hopefully their Australian accounts will get frozen and they won't be able to hit any more of us.

Thanks for the winner badge @Neri but it's now looking like I might have been scammed. I just had to pay postage to recieve my prize. I kick myself and kick myself when I get sucked in like this but I seem to be a slow learner at some things. Reported to Scamwatch, they'll get back to me in the morning. Hopefully their Australian accounts will get frozen and they won't be able to hit any more of us.
I did have that thought but I didn't want to "rain on your parade" in case it was for real.
Sorry I didn't say anything, now.

Yeah, something good could come of it yet, like saving other's from such crapola.

Yeah, something good could come of it yet, like saving other's from such crapola.
It wasn't a great deal of money and won't cause me any harm. I'm too much of a realist to think they'll get caught but they did give me a few different account numbers that I could pay in to, Scamwatch will find those very interesting.

There needs to be an overhaul of our banking system too, we have to go through the wringer to open a bank account here but it seems foreign nationals don't have to supply the same levels of ID that we have to.

What wized me up was just a few hours later I got contacted by another one, this time I won a Car. This one claimed he was Australian but grew up in the US, but his English was so poor it's laughable.

Last edited:
@Outdated
Sorry to hear about that scam.
There are so many. I get them in my e-mail every day and supposedly from companies I know.
But if I mouse over the address it came from, I see it is some crazy e-mail address that is not right. So, I trash it.

My something good for today is we finally have some cool weather here in Florida.
We had a lot of rain and some flooding over the weekend when the front came through, but walking today in the cool outdoors was so nice.

Sorry to hear about that scam.
Thanks, I've been approached by a few, this was the first time I actually fell for it long enough to give someone money though. The real worry is that they only need surprisingly few details from you to take out a loan in your name in some countries, or to buy a car. The trick is to place a credit ban on yourself as soon as you think your details might have been compromised.

I'm not sure who you go through in other countries, but for Aussies we just go to this site, it links to all the others and puts a complete credit ban on you world wide. That doesn't stop me from buying things online or using my credit card, it just stops people from using my name to open accounts or apply for finance. The initial ban only lasts for 21 days but you can extend it for 12 months at a time after that.

I found a few thank-you notes in my mailbox today, for Christmas cards I sent earlier this week. And two emails and a phone call. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's nice. :)

I’m so sorry you were scammed. Those scammers love to crack down on holidays. Where I live, they are doing this scam with the water bill. They say that people have not paid their water bills and try to get them to click on links. It’s very serious.

Thanks, I've been approached by a few, this was the first time I actually fell for it long enough to give someone money though. The real worry is that they only need surprisingly few details from you to take out a loan in your name in some countries, or to buy a car. The trick is to place a credit ban on yourself as soon as you think your details might have been compromised.

I'm not sure who you go through in other countries, but for Aussies we just go to this site, it links to all the others and puts a complete credit ban on you world wide. That doesn't stop me from buying things online or using my credit card, it just stops people from using my name to open accounts or apply for finance. The initial ban only lasts for 21 days but you can extend it for 12 months at a time after that.

In the US there are three main credit reporting companies. We have to go to each one separately and request a “freeze” which prevents others from opening credit in our names. It’s a bit of a pain, but I do it. They are Experian, Transunion, and Equifax.

My good news: my petition for divorce will be filed tomorrow. He gets served on Friday. It looks like I have a very good attorney and the financial pic will not be as bad as I feared. Most important: I should get to keep my house. :)

I'm so glad to hear that things are (sort of) working out for you @WhitewaterWoman , that was a whole world of stress that you really didn't need. I hope you can relax a little and have a happy Christmas.

We have to go to each one separately and request a “freeze” which prevents others....
In the Aussie Experian page there's a box you can tick to notify the other two organisations automatically, which is handy.

New Threads

Top Bottom