• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some advertizing images make me uncomfortable

I found something that makes me very uncomfortable: my mom using the water droplets emoji despite it having a sensual contextView attachment 112388
Sort of reminds me of a video seminar my mother was watching. We know that LOL means, “Laughing out Loud.” The speaker in the video said that she first thought LOL meant, “Lots of Love.”

IMG_4817.jpeg

one of my coworkers said this picture looks like the rocking chair from a clockwork orange and now I’m uncomfortable by this picture as it looks as suggestive as the peach/nectarine ones

IMG_4940.jpeg

The word “yummy” makes me uncomfortable as well. Can be moved to @NDR2’s uncomfortable images thread if needed

I never liked commercials for bubble gum. I always found blowing bubbles silly and ridiculous (I could never do it myself, and I'm not disappointed). It also scared me a little when I was very young.

I never liked commercials for bubble gum. I always found blowing bubbles silly and ridiculous (I could never do it myself, and I'm not disappointed). It also scared me a little when I was very young.

I could never blow bubbles and I'm not disappointed either :) Any attempt I made usually resulted in a world record contender for the greatest distance a human can spit bubble gum. I don't like gum to be honest.

View attachment 120417

As I said before wine does not work like that. Have you spotted similar photoshop fails? Share them here.
Good catch. Yeah- a "photoshop fail" alright.

I find that just plain sad. I mean they didn't even attempt to show the hand grasping even the bottom of the bottle. They just took the most available bitmap clipart and used it. And it looks stupid. Graphic arts made while you wait I suppose. Not acceptable IMO.

Good catch.

I find that just sad. I mean they didn't even attempt to show the hand grasping even the bottom of the bottle. They just took the most available bitmap clipart and used it. And it looks stupid. Graphic arts made while you wait I suppose. Not acceptable IMO.
I can do better than that lol

View attachment 120417

As I said before wine does not work like that. Have you spotted similar photoshop fails? Share them.

Some wine bottles actually have a place on the bottom that you can stick your thumb into, it's called the "punt". The guy in this pic does not use the punt but if you go to a fancy restaurant, there's a big chance you'll see someone holding the bottle like this when they pour wine, holding the bottom:

iu

It's considered to be the correct way to pour wine and be fancy. :D
Here is a pic of someone with their thumb in the punt:

iu

That could be what is going on in your advertisement picture. Or it could be a photoshop fail. :) I just wanted to mention the wine bottle punt and how to pour wine the fancy way. When you are good at it, you make it look effortlessly and smooth. When you are bad at it, you make a huge mess. Wine and broken glass everywhere.

Last edited:
Some wine bottles actually have a place on the bottom that you can stick your thumb into, it's called the "punt". The guy in this pic does not use the punt but if you go to a fancy restaurant, there's a big chance you'll see someone holding the bottle like this when they pour wine, holding the bottom:

iu

It's considered to be the correct way to pour wine and be fancy. :D
Here is a pic of someone with their thumb in the punt:

iu

That could be what is going on in your advertisement picture. Or it could be a photoshop fail. :) I just wanted to mention the wine bottle punt and how to pour wine the fancy way. When you are good at it, you make it look effortlessly and smooth. When you are bad at it, you make a huge mess. Wine and broken glass everywhere.
Notice the positions of the thumbs in both of your examples. Not what is shown with the one first posted.

Clearly indicating how the bottle is balanced by the fingers or the thumb I can understand...but not when it looks like a botched edit of a hand graphic. The devil being in the details that some of us notice while so many advertisers may assume that no one will notice....lol. Kind of like film producers and directors who get away with murder only because they think they can. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Notice the positions of the thumbs in both of your examples. Not what is shown with the one first posted.

Clearly indicating how the bottle is balanced by the fingers or the thumb I can understand...but not when it looks like a botched edit of a hand graphic. The devil being in the details that some of us notice while so many advertisers may assume that no one will notice....lol. Kind of like film producers and directors who get away with murder only because they think they can. :rolleyes:

Yeah I just thought it looked like the thumb was in the punt in the first pic. But it's probably just a bad photoshop job.

Yeah I just thought it looked like the thumb was in the punt in the first pic. But it's probably just a bad photoshop job.
When I see that picture I think of that commercial, "Help! I've stuck my fist in my wine bottle and I can't get it out!"

Last edited:
Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!
Busted...lol. True they weren't stuck in a wine bottle.

Then again that reminds me of a denied insurance claim relative to products liability. Ya never know what people will do with some things... :rolleyes:

Funny to think that had the hand graphic not even been there I might not have given the advertisement another thought. A probable pointed index finger used for the wrong purpose. Tacky!

Last edited:
How is it helping you to catalog these images
that make you feel uncomfortable?

New Threads

Top Bottom