• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some advertizing images make me uncomfortable

How is it helping you to catalog these images
that make you feel uncomfortable?
It’s helping but every week that goes by the weekly ad team uses the same pictures that make me uncomfortable despite writing in about them being out of place

IMG_6273.jpeg

It’s helping but every week that goes by the weekly ad team uses the same pictures that make me uncomfortable despite writing in about them being out of place
How often do you need to use the ads ?

How often are you shopping, buying stuff from these people?

How often do you need to use the ads ?

How often are you shopping, buying stuff from these people?
They change out every week. The ads are used to show what savings/Bogo’s/deals customers can buy. The ad may have to be brought out if a customer wants another product that is on sale.

OK.

Those are answers to different questions.

It isn't so much that you shop at this place, but that
you work at this place?
So the ads are around you whenever you are at work?

It isn't so much that you shop at this place, but that
you work at this place?
So the ads are around you whenever you are at work?
I work at this place as well as shop there (usually on my break). The ads are usually in a flier or placed around the store in direct or indirect form (signs, fliers, notepads, cups, pictures of food or strange marketing tactics like a green string or a laundry hamper being used as a grocery bag).

My greatest concern these days isn't so much in what advertisers put out there en mass, but their use of computer algorithms to guess at what *they think* we want to see. When more often than not they are dead wrong.

And whether the advent of AI might change the calculus, but in the process become outrageously more intrusive than it already is. Having a computer analyze me in every way, shape and form is not my idea of technological progress.

That was one thing I very much enjoyed about the film "Minority Report". That the real star and story of this film was how intrusive technology is, and how much more we may have to deal with in the future.

One weekend when I was in first grade we traveled to Buffalo for my cousin’s bar mitzvah. We stayed at a Sheraton hotel. The elevator was a see-through glass elevator that showed a view of the outside. It was the first time I’d ever been in an elevator like that, so it certainly was surprising. Then in the hotel room there was the Sheraton logo with the big S inside the round laurel design border on different things in there, like the wastebasket and the ice container. In the bathroom there was a great big logo on the shower curtain. That made me the most uncomfortable.

…why?

Attachments

• IMG_6933.jpeg
    IMG_6933.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6935.jpeg
    IMG_6935.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6932.jpeg
    IMG_6932.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6931.jpeg
    IMG_6931.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 10
IMG_4068.jpeg

California-Grown, Left on Trees Longer for Peak Flavor and Juiciness, White or Yellow-Flesh Varieties

I'm convinced that it comes down to saving money printing those as such...because all of the white is just the color of the photo copy paper and required no ink.

I'm convinced that it comes down to saving money printing those as such...because all of the white is just the color of the photo copy paper and required no ink.
My main issue with specific pictures making me uncomfortable is how based in reality they are. I’d like to hear more about your point.

How is it that you can tolerate looking at images of South Park characters?
They aren't very reality based.
The proportions are wrong....etc.

Is it because they are drawings, not photographs?

New Threads

Top Bottom