• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some advertizing images make me uncomfortable

There’s something cursed about looking at three Apple Watches

Attachments

• IMG_2561.jpeg
    IMG_2561.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2562.jpeg
    IMG_2562.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2560.png
    IMG_2560.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 35
Overly enlarged pictures of food make me uncomfortable too

Attachments

• IMG_3072.jpeg
    IMG_3072.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3074.jpeg
    IMG_3074.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3080.jpeg
    IMG_3080.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 32
The size of the cash in comparison to the shopping cart. They wouldn’t use real cash for this right?

That's right. Advertisers must follow the Treasury Department's guidelines to display cash for commercial purposes. It's why the money is probably not quite to scale, displaying only one side of the bills per image.

The cash is likely shrunken down a bit, but to accommodate a cart that appears as a not-too-accurate scale model.

It's the cart I find a bit cheesy looking. Though I'm guessing they already came to the conclusion that larger-than-life dollar bills wouldn't look any better in an image of a full scale shopping cart. Advertising can be kind of amusing when it comes to computer graphics. Some things work better than others. Go figure....

Last edited:
Hard to criticize the presentation when there's something else to consider. Is this truly a "trusted sender"? Scanning unverified QR codes based on sight alone of a printed advertisement? Hmmmmm.

I don't own or need a mobile device to scan QR codes. Though I often wonder how long it will be before government eventually forces us to all have them. In the meantime I'm not a big fan of this technology. But I know many people use- even depend on their convenience in such cases. That makes me uncomfortable!

Last edited:
Hard to criticize the presentation when there's something else to consider. Is this truly a "trusted sender"? Scanning unverified QR codes based on sight alone of a printed advertisement? Hmmmmm.

I don't own or need a mobile device to scan QR codes. Though I often wonder how long it will be before government eventually forces us to all have them. In the meantime I'm not a big fan of this technology. But I know many people use- even depend on their convenience in such cases. That makes me uncomfortable!
They snuck in a QR code in the newest flier..

the “bag” is actually a laundry hamper.

After additional research, we were advised this was a custom prop provided by a prop stylist for the shoot, and the image was composited. If you are looking for a similar bag, you might find success searching for a standing canvas laundry basket.

This is something that would happen to me as a website designer every now and then. Where you have to get creative about achieving whatever imagery you needed for a particular project. Where you just had to be careful not to violate any potential copyrighted graphic assets. But it was always easy to alter all kinds of objects to give them a completely different purpose.

I never gave it a lot of thought until one time a friend asked me to do some unrelated photographic work for her band, and at one point she candidly asked me if I could "alter" her own image. I did, and she was quite happy about it. Even though members of her own band knew she didn't look quite as good as what I did digitally speaking.

Of course the kind of graphic manipulation that can be done today, so easily and in record time- scary. The stuff I see that an inexperienced user can do on the fly is amazing. The sort of thing that would usually take me hours to achieve through a 20+ year old full version of Photoshop.

Yet I can see how such visual manipulation may make any number of people uncomfortable. With advertising forever creating images and impressions reflecting social standards that most people cannot realistically achieve.

Last edited:
More part 1

Attachments

• IMG_1559.jpeg
    IMG_1559.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1556.jpeg
    IMG_1556.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1169.jpeg
    IMG_1169.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3102.jpeg
    IMG_3102.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0851.jpeg
    IMG_0851.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2780.jpeg
    IMG_2780.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0850.jpeg
    IMG_0850.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2242.png
    IMG_2242.png
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 35
The nectarines make me think of sensuality.
I hope it is ok to say that I do not want to be rude.
And yes that is off putting to me as well.
I cannot stand some things
And Muppets is one of them. And just sometimes certain things, I do not really like clowns either.
Some things for me can lead to sensory overload and he triggering.
I get really scared by movies like the Addams Family because of the walking hand and fester
And same with hocus pocus
And there are certain things that agitate me

All of these pictures make me uncomfortable

Attachments

• IMG_3625.jpeg
    IMG_3625.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3622.jpeg
    IMG_3622.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3623.jpeg
    IMG_3623.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3613.jpeg
    IMG_3613.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3620.jpeg
    IMG_3620.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3619.jpeg
    IMG_3619.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3614.jpeg
    IMG_3614.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3617.jpeg
    IMG_3617.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3616.jpeg
    IMG_3616.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 25

I don't own or need a mobile device to scan QR codes. Though I often wonder how long it will be before government eventually forces us to all have them.

I still have not scanned or used one of those QR codes. I wonder how long it will be possible to avoid doing that. And what happened to the regular bar codes? I think those worked fine but suddenly we had strange new codes everywhere.

I still have not scanned or used one of those QR codes. I wonder how long it will be possible to avoid doing that. And what happened to the regular bar codes? I think those worked fine but suddenly we had strange new codes everywhere.
I’ve only seen QR codes lately

Is this thread only about advertising images? I guess I read it wrong. Sorry for the previous unrelated posts.

However, I remember when I was 13, we bought a box of Product 19 cereal (I don’t know if they make it anymore). On the back of the box was a thing about how the cereal had more vitamins than other brands, and it showed boxes of other kinds of cereal with the tops darkened. I could tell it was a box of Total and a box of Life, plus a third box that I can’t recall now. But they weren’t just black panels covering the names. They looked black at the top and then the black faded towards the middle, showing just the middle and bottom of the boxes. For some reason it grossed me out a little. If I saw boxes of cereal at the store that looked like that, I might think they weren’t fresh. I did eat the cereal, and it tasted fine. But I still felt a little uneasy by the back of the box.

At that time my parents paid me to do the family grocery shopping. After that I didn’t buy any more Product 19 until the back of the box changed.

New Threads

Top Bottom