• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Social dissatisfaction

csanon

Lately, I've had a lot of internal conflicts about social situations, the following being a classic example:

Family dinner with 10 or so relatives and I had a great time laughing with them, joking, etc. By the end of the night I couldn't wait to get together with them again, but yet the next morning I felt a sharp pang of disgust over the whole situation being superficial.

Does anyone go through this type of thing, and if so any tips on how to resolve this and gain a sense of inner peace?

I think I can relate to it, but not neccesarily in a social context.

I'm always bummed out when I'm finally into something and I have to quit it, due to whatever reason.

The notion of superficiality work in a lot of ways I think. If you're finally getting the hang of it and are "in that mood" it's a shame to break off and need to run up to get started again the next day. That's the most tiresome thing of it all.

I go through about the same thing in those situations, if you mean the definition of it I was thinking of at least. Although it's quite fine with me, I don't understand why you would need to gain a sense of "inner peace". This is of course if you're using the description of "fake/tacky/cheesy".

At times I find it easy to "have fun" which by definition is just senseless term as it most of the times means not being accurate. And it's something I deep inside can't tolerate. It can be "fun", but it doesn't feel real so anyone involved will have doubt casted upon them. No matter how wise and witty the discussion is, if it's not factual it's somewhat irrelevant to any context. And I even dislike having an opinion over somebody like that, it's not my place to judge anyone. Yet again a reason to stay away from it all.

Getting together with my family is litterly like the movie "The Thing", unexpected situations, personally changes and a "gleeful ending" every time. :) It takes alot out of me but there is also alot of disfuction in my family and has been for years.

Most social things for me are overwhelming but I am not "anti-social" alltogether. It just has to be on my terms and a person or people that I'm okay with. As much as I like to be social I do like to be anything BUT social at times!

I guess I'm not going to rule it out altogether :)

New Threads

Top Bottom