• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So, how about a book thread?

I've read all 7 Harry Potter books, also HG Wells' War of the Worlds, George's Marvellous Medicine, and the original version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, on which the early 70's movie was based.

Her Body & Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado
Work, Rest & Play: A report on how virtual reality will impact everyday lives by Marc Ambasna-Jones

Last edited:
The Scorpion God: Forbidden Wisdom of Belial
by Mark Alan Smith

Some interesting things in this that only masters of astral projection can begin to attempt... never mind masters of their own life or the universal laws. Rookies would be chewed up and spit out left institutionalized or worse!
Which does make me wonder... Perhaps the books locked up in the vatican have to do with this as well. I recall a book that was written in a certain language that none of the brightest minds on our planet could crack. There's more than a few of those there. It's druidic you have to go to a certain place on the astral realm and if i remember correctly you cannot get there unless you were a descendant of the druids, blood relative. From there if you did learn the language in full if you are not a master then due to packet loss / memory decay when coming back into your physical body it won't all be retained.

Isn't forbidden **** interesting? :D

I've been reading Ancillary Justice and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's really well thought-out in terms of characters and world especially (it's a scifi novel told from the perspective of an AI).

I've been reading The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher again. They are so good! I've also been rereading a webcomic called Cucumber Quest. The last new book I read was What Girls Are Good For: A Novel of Nellie Bly by David Blixt. It's a fiction book about Nellie's start in journalism. The last third of the book is about the time she went undercover and investigated an asylum that was rumored to abuse the people there. I knew the stuff she found out was bad, but reading it... it's scary to think that all actually happened. Still, it's a great book.

Currently reading "Nineteen Eighty-Four" by George Orwell; Decided to buy it after I played the game "Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You".

I will probably read "The Andromeda Strain" by Michael Crichton afterwards.
I also want to read "Millions, Billions, Zillions" by Brian Kernighan at some point in the future.

I also read "Joe Gould's Secret", and the "Harry Potter" series last summer.

Currently reading King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo. I loved all her other books but haven't been able to get into this one yet. (I haven't been in the right headspace for it.)

Reading about non-fiction 10-15 books at the time. I find fiction usually boring, but now have amused myself for a couple of evenings with "Sleeping giants" < easy one.

Serial Killers 'The Method and Madness of Monsters' by Peter Vronsky. A non fiction book on most serial killers who have been apprehended and jailed for life or executed.
It's horrifyingly explicit in it's details, a kind of assessment of their methods, and eventual discovery by authorities.
It classifies types of serial killers using different methods: Keppler's: Anger-excitation, anger-retaliatory, power-reassurance, power-assertive killers. The FBI's: Power-control, hedonist, mission oriented, visionary killers.
Again, a difficult book to read. One that I have to put down for periods of time.

New Threads

Top Bottom