• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skipped dose of Vyvanse. Never. Again. (A vent)

Jojo_LB

Brilliant Enigma
V.I.P Member
This post is kind of a vent 'cause I feel like I'm going totally crazy and I'm trying to get back some semblance of sanity right now.

I'm currently on Vyvanse 50 mg. I'm still sort of in the "finding the optimum dose" stage, so far it's OK but may need to go higher and have a booster or two in the afternoon and evening.

Anyway, I skipped my dose yesterday, so the drug was leaving my system on Saturday evening, by around 5 PM.

I took it almost three hours ago. I am somewhat alert again, a little more calm and half-functioning, but my brain is adjusting and things are still really strange. My senses are going haywire again. I feel too cold one minute. The next, I'm too hot. I keep changing my clothes. I keep turning the portable heater on and then off. I keep putting my glasses back on, then taking them off 'cause everything is just too clear and harsh and bright and then I can't see well again so I have to put them back on. I have Netflix on and I keep increasing the volume 'cause it gets too quiet. Then it's too loud and I turn it down really low. I'm reminded of how it was before I got on these meds, and I do not miss this.

Yesterday afternoon, I fell into such a deep nap that despite my husband's best efforts to rouse me, I slept for five hours (from 2 to 7 PM)! I still managed to fall asleep last night with relative ease at midnight. I had the most restless sleep I've ever had in months, the kind of sleep I used to have before I started taking vyvanse. I think I woke up at least 8 times in the middle of the night.

My dreams were plentiful, totally bizarre, vivid and outrageous. In fact, I can't even say half the stuff I dreamt of :eek:. One of my dreams involved accidentally murdering someone. She was annoying me a lot and i meant to just hit her to shut her up but apparently I knocked her with such inhuman force that it killed her. And I tried to cover it up but I naturally am terrible at lying and deception, so after about several hours of trying to cover it all up, I just confessed that I accidentally killed her. For some bizarre reason, Luke Perry was there, and he was so horribly disappointed in me.

Another dream involved me living some sort of nomadic lifestyle, traveling everywhere, no permanent home. But everything in the world was ginormous, like thousands and thousands of times larger than me and I was miniature. I met a fellow miniature nomad along the way, some young woman from Daytona Beach. She wanted to tag along but I was paranoid and I tried getting rid of her. Why I was paranoid, I have no idea. She seemed really nice and pleasant enough but I kept trying to ditch her. She was fascinated that I was from a place of "concrete", New York City.

OK I haven't eaten all day so I've got to do that. I think I'll feel a little less crazy after I get food in my stomach. :eek::D

so after about several hours of trying to cover it all up, I just confessed that I accidentally killed her. For some bizarre reason, Luke Perry was there, and he was so horribly disappointed in me.

That guy was always judgmental in dreams.

Take a chill pill,Luke

That guy was always judgmental in dreams.

Take a chill pill,Luke

No clue why he appeared. Brains are weird.

I mean, I did sort of like him when I watched Beverley Hills 90210 as a child, but it's not like I followed him and his career after he left the show.

But there he was. And he was so upset with me for killing this woman. And I was so upset that he was upset with me. I was more upset about his being upset with me than that I killed a woman.

Last edited:
And I was so upset that he was upset with me. I was more upset about his being upset with me than my being upset that I killed the woman

Did Carl Jung write something about when the Luke Perry appeared?

I was actually writing a post about synchronicity earlier...haven't posted it yet.
May not. Can't best your dream posts :)

Hey. It was an accidental. Cut yourself some slack :)

Oh, btw...

You weren't covered in blood when you woke up,were you?

Did Carl Jung write something about when the Luke Perry appeared?

I was actually writing a post about synchronicity earlier...haven't posted it yet.
May not. Can't best your dream posts :)

Hey. It was an accidental. Cut yourself some slack :)

Oh, btw...

You weren't covered in blood when you woke up,were you?

You should post it. I need hang out in this forum today so I can ease myself back into my familiar and comfortable world, my world of concrete and I'm not miniature anymore and Luke Perry isn't so angry with me for killing this woman that neither of us knew.

Yeah I'm going to cut myself slack, because I didn't know I was going to fling her so hard against a wall that it killed her. I just wanted to give her a little shove on the shoulder. :eek: A "leave me alone" shove. What happened??

I forgot to mention that all of this happened in a church. I am an atheist. I don't know why I was in the church.

No I was not covered in blood, thank goodness.

Dream interpreters out there should have a field day with this one.

leave me alone" shove. What happened??

You know in Iran they prosecute people for murdering in a dream.

I guess you could argue manslsughter.

Atheists can still go into churches in dreams...

At least you weren't singing hymns...

(The first sentence is the type of stuff that I imagine appears on Fox news every now and again)

You know in Iran they prosecute people for murdering in a dream.

I guess you could argue manslsughter.

Atheists can still go into churches in dreams...

At least you weren't singing hymns...

(The first sentence is the type of stuff that I imagine appears on Fox news every now and again)

That can't be true, about being prosecuted in Iran for what happens in a dream... can it? I guess with how cruel and nonsensical this world is, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this really is true.

But I don't know if you're just kidding.

I'm just getting readjusted to my meds, don't play these cruel games :eek:

No I was not singing hymns.

Actually, I do enjoy churches when they're empty, they're nice places to sit and think quietly about stuff. And I like looking at the window art. Very pretty. But I leave once they start a mass.

That can't be true, about being prosecuted in Iran for what happens in a dream... can it? I guess with how cruel and nonsensical this world is, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this really is true.

But I don't know if you're just kidding.

I'm just getting readjusted to my meds, don't play these cruel games :eek:

No I was not singing hymns.

Actually, I do enjoy churches when they're empty, they're nice places to sit and think quietly about stuff. And I like looking at the window art. Very pretty. But I leave once they start a mass.

Of course I was kidding,
Can't resist.
Empty churches are a dream...

I agree its better to knock dream people off rather then let them tag along. I mean you don't know who else's dreams they have been in.

I agree its better to knock dream people off rather then let them tag along. I mean you don't know who else's dreams they have been in.

Good point.

I'm really glad you guys are not as judgmental of dream me as Luke was.

Do you think it was after 90210 - his acting roles dried up so he just acted put roles in people's dreams instead?

Apparently he was in a show called Riverdale. I never watched it.

I was sad when he died. But I wasn't like, mourning so sorrowfully and felt like my life had no meaning anymore.

Maybe his spirit is trying to get people to idolize him as a god.

Who better to target than someone whose mind is totally unstable from missing a dose of important and very necessary medication.

Did you skip the dose by accident?

Well I had a very late Saturday night. I was out, which is rare for me 'cause I'm getting old and all.

So I woke at about 10:30 ish Sunday morning. I usually drink my meds anywhere between 8 and 10 AM. I told myself to not forget. I kept forgetting. Then by noon, I just decided that it wouldn't kill me to skip the dose for the day.

This is why I have medication alarms, so I don't forget to take my meds. Vyvanse is basically pure dextroamphetamine, in the 80s it circulated underground as "dexie", or so I've heard. You have amphetamine withdrawal, which is indeed hell on earth. Amphetamine based ADHD drugs are so dangerous that they're tightly regulated. Here in California I have to see my psychiatrist every 30 days to get a new script for my Adderall ("amphetamine salt" is what the bottle says). Amphetamine can only be written for 30 days at a time without any refills. There is a list of questions she has to ask me that are mandated by law. Do I feel hopeless, do I want to kill myself or somebody else, do I have trouble sleeping, do I feel like a failure in life, etc. Get yourself a timer that you can use to remember to take your meds.

Yeah it works the same way in New York. I have to see my psychiatric NP every single month if I'm to continue getting the meds.

I don't normally forget, but it would've been a good idea for me to get up at some point, take the meds, and then go back to sleep. I guess the fatigue was so severe that I couldn't manage to do that, however quick and simple that would've been.

But I have learned my lesson!

This post is kind of a vent 'cause I feel like I'm going totally crazy and I'm trying to get back some semblance of sanity right now.

I'm currently on Vyvanse 50 mg. I'm still sort of in the "finding the optimum dose" stage, so far it's OK but may need to go higher and have a booster or two in the afternoon and evening.

Anyway, I skipped my dose yesterday, so the drug was leaving my system on Saturday evening, by around 5 PM.

I took it almost three hours ago. I am somewhat alert again, a little more calm and half-functioning, but my brain is adjusting and things are still really strange. My senses are going haywire again. I feel too cold one minute. The next, I'm too hot. I keep changing my clothes. I keep turning the portable heater on and then off. I keep putting my glasses back on, then taking them off 'cause everything is just too clear and harsh and bright and then I can't see well again so I have to put them back on. I have Netflix on and I keep increasing the volume 'cause it gets too quiet. Then it's too loud and I turn it down really low. I'm reminded of how it was before I got on these meds, and I do not miss this.

Yesterday afternoon, I fell into such a deep nap that despite my husband's best efforts to rouse me, I slept for five hours (from 2 to 7 PM)! I still managed to fall asleep last night with relative ease at midnight. I had the most restless sleep I've ever had in months, the kind of sleep I used to have before I started taking vyvanse. I think I woke up at least 8 times in the middle of the night.

My dreams were plentiful, totally bizarre, vivid and outrageous. In fact, I can't even say half the stuff I dreamt of :eek:. One of my dreams involved accidentally murdering someone. She was annoying me a lot and i meant to just hit her to shut her up but apparently I knocked her with such inhuman force that it killed her. And I tried to cover it up but I naturally am terrible at lying and deception, so after about several hours of trying to cover it all up, I just confessed that I accidentally killed her. For some bizarre reason, Luke Perry was there, and he was so horribly disappointed in me.

Another dream involved me living some sort of nomadic lifestyle, traveling everywhere, no permanent home. But everything in the world was ginormous, like thousands and thousands of times larger than me and I was miniature. I met a fellow miniature nomad along the way, some young woman from Daytona Beach. She wanted to tag along but I was paranoid and I tried getting rid of her. Why I was paranoid, I have no idea. She seemed really nice and pleasant enough but I kept trying to ditch her. She was fascinated that I was from a place of "concrete", New York City.

OK I haven't eaten all day so I've got to do that. I think I'll feel a little less crazy after I get food in my stomach. :eek::D
it's a panic attack and you are autistic all you can do is go with it do not fight a panic attack if you ever want to go off your medication do it little by little and very slowly

I'm lucky in that I don't need medication. That said if you're prescribed something I would take it unless my doctor told me not to.

I tried to deal with this with humor, and I guess it worked for me lol. I just watched and read funny stuff throughout the day. I made myself do some of my usual daily chores. I stayed super hydrated.

It also helped to come and read posts and interact with folks here.

My other option would've been to sleep for almost the entire day but I really didn't want anymore freaky dreams :eek:

I skip my ADD meds (Concerta) unless I'm working. I'm very thankful this type of thing doesn't happen to me. When I skip I'm scatterbrained, but much less irritable. So I deal with the being scatterbrained, so I can interact with my family better.

New Threads

Top Bottom