• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

silly question do you eat your bread crusts

Even as an adult, I cut the crust off my sandwiches lol.
I do eat pizza crust though and I think it's one of the best parts of the pizza.

Never.

Fran Healy What GIF by Travis

Regenerate David Tennant GIF by Doctor Who

If it is a really good, soft multigrain bread--sometimes I eat it.
Otherwise, no. Never would.

I have a sensitive reaction to how food textures feel in my mouth.
Also dislike little red bits in food. Usually that is peppers cut up.
The look is a turn off to me.

I love most crust.
Some german wholegrain bread has things like pumkin seeds and sunflower seeds on the crispy crust. This is the best crust i have ever eaten

Scientific studies have investigated whether the crusts of bread contain more nutrients than the moist, springy interior. The short answer is: yes, bread crusts do contain more nutrients. The reason for this is that the baking process causes the exterior of the bread to become firmer and more browned. This chemical baking process also results in changes to the nutrients in the crust of bread.

A 2002 research study from the American Chemical Society’s Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that compared to the pale inside of a piece of bread, the crust contained eight times as much pronyl-lysine. Pronyl-lysine is an antioxidant that may reverse cellular damage, possibly lowering risk for cancer. The crust of bread also contains more dietary fiber than the insides.

Picky Eaters | Does the Crust Contain More Nutrients

Still even with this scientific revelation. There's no way I'm going to eat anything other than that 'moist, springy interior.' At this point , it would just feel strange. I don't care if it has more nutrients, is ant-cancer, is the secret elixir of life. I just can't change a lifetime habit.

LOL...me too! When I was a kid I was quite finicky about having my bread crusts removed. Mom didn't seem to mind.

Yet as an adult, I stopped cutting off the crust and never looked back. Go figure.

New Threads

Top Bottom