• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
Awhile ago, I went through some new matches on Catholic Match, and I came across one match that I liked, (I think most, if not all of the woman in that list of new matches were women that I liked) so I sent her a message commenting on one of her photos in an effort to start a conversation and relationship. I waited awhile and I received a notification on my email stating that she viewed my profile and then no response to my message; I presumed that this meant that I didn't meet her criteria as I assume it does most of the time these things happen. But then later on, I got a notification saying that I and this woman in question are now a mutual match, that means that she approved of me on her list of matches; however she still didn't respond to my message. At first decided to just wait and see if she'll ever respond, assuming that most likely, she just has me on her "maybe" list and is looking for someone more appealing to her. But now I'm wondering, what if it's a test or something and she's just waiting to see if I can show her my assertiveness or something like that?

Should I send her another a message or continue waiting? What is your advice?

I agree with Bolletje & Unperson.
I also wish some women wouldn't play games.

When she read your profile and didn't respond.
Personally, I would have read that as a No.

But when she approved you as a match I'm like, eh? *scratches head, puzzled*

Do people often 'play games' on those sites?
I'm not talking about Minecraft or Mahjong, I'm talking about popularity contests? ego boosts?...
... the more approved matches they can collect, the more they attract?
(are the matches visible to others?)

I don't know much about dating sites so I don't know if playing games is a thing?

There could be many different reasons why she hasn't replied to your messages.
I'd hate to try to guess.

I also can't get my head around your idea of her 'testing' you?
Is that also a thing on dating sites? testing people?
Equates to playing games in my mind.

Of course it's entirely your decision if you're going to message her again, or not.
If someone didn't bother replying to my message I think I'd be looking elsewhere.
(because I'm worth a reply and don't get into game playing)
but that's just me :)

Give it a week, and send a short hello. Start as friends. Some woman are scared off if you hit the relationship button too fast.

I'd do it. She probably has several on the match list. Make yourself known. Then if it's a no-go, you haven't lost an time and you can move on.

I’d send her another message. Be funny and creative and interesting. Be yourself. If she doesn’t respond after that, move on.

l didn't hear from this handsome one until l left site. Then l was so surprised when they called. But very happy. If they hadn't bothered, my whole life may have taken a different path. They started the ball rolling and l finally jumped into life again. This is one lifetime, and they helped me towards independence but in a very gentle way. They dangled a * hope carrot* in front of me. lol

Do people often 'play games' on those sites?
I'm not talking about Minecraft or Mahjong, I'm talking about popularity contests? ego boosts?...
... the more approved matches they can collect, the more they attract?
(are the matches visible to others?)

I don't know much about dating sites so I don't know if playing games is a thing?
Sorry it took me so long to respond, as far as I know, the number of mutual matches a person has isn't visible on CatholicMatch.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, as far as I know, the number of mutual matches a person has isn't visible on CatholicMatch.

Thank you.
Forgive me if I sounded blunt.
Generally, I don't knowingly mess around with peoples feelings or lead them a merry dance.
If everyone did the same we'd all know where we stood with no guessing and uncertainties.
But that's just me and my own perspective. Doesn't necessarily follow that all do the same.

How you described this woman's actions has confused me. Only because she hasn't responded to your messages in the same way I would.
Doesn't necessarily make her wrong though.
Just makes the situation hard to read, unclear and a little confusing.

Normally I wouldn't chase, but rematching I'd ask them on a date. Short simple want to get coffee sometime. Just don't wait to long as she might've found someone to talk too the first time around. I normally wouldn't do a second so no chance on a third.

Awhile ago, I went through some new matches on Catholic Match, and I came across one match that I liked, (I think most, if not all of the woman in that list of new matches were women that I liked) so I sent her a message commenting on one of her photos in an effort to start a conversation and relationship. I waited awhile and I received a notification on my email stating that she viewed my profile and then no response to my message; I presumed that this meant that I didn't meet her criteria as I assume it does most of the time these things happen. But then later on, I got a notification saying that I and this woman in question are now a mutual match, that means that she approved of me on her list of matches; however she still didn't respond to my message. At first decided to just wait and see if she'll ever respond, assuming that most likely, she just has me on her "maybe" list and is looking for someone more appealing to her. But now I'm wondering, what if it's a test or something and she's just waiting to see if I can show her my assertiveness or something like that?

Should I send her another a message or continue waiting? What is your advice?

New Threads

Top Bottom