• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I focus on sad / down / slow songs?

LikeyouToMe

As anyone who reads some of the other threads I post on will be familiar, my partner left England to go back home to LA, from there she will be going to New York for University. Recently we kind of agreed that we shouldn't talk.

Since then I have listened to not much else apart from a pretty down and sad compilation of songs. I venture out of this compilation every so often, but I just end up going back... But is it doing me any good? Is it a bad thing?

I've tried so hard to listen to other things, but I just don't want to. Is it worse being an Aspie? Or is it just me trying to work through the pain? I wish I ****ing knew

I can't seem to post the correct link to the playlist which is beyond annoying but please let me know your thoughts, any help would be great.

Can't say for sure, but the balm of being surrounded by sad music when you're feeling sad seems okay to me. There's no rushing through a stage of sadness and for a while 'it likes the music agreeeing with it.' The desire for other music will probably gradually and hesitatingly filter in as your feelings shift. For me, a change in music can be a way for me to test out a feeling and get some idea whether it fits or not.

Take care LikeyouToMe

Can't say for sure, but the balm of being surrounded by sad music when you're feeling sad seems okay to me. There's no rushing through a stage of sadness and for a while 'it likes the music agreeeing with it.' The desire for other music will probably gradually and hesitatingly filter in as your feelings shift. For me, a change in music can be a way for me to test out a feeling and get some idea whether it fits or not.

Take care LikeyouToMe

Wow, thank you. That is really helpful. I think you have pretty much nailed it on the head there. Thank you again.

What's worth wondering is; do you listen to sad music because you're sad, or does the music contribute to your feeling of overal sadness.

What's worth wondering is; do you listen to sad music because you're sad, or does the music contribute to your feeling of overal sadness.

I say I listen to it because I am sad, but I can't say for sure if it's contributing or not because I feel sad that majority of the time. I am definitely in a very down and sad phase which sucks so badly. I was with friends all weekend and although I love being around them, I wasn't 100% there and by the Saturday night, I went to bed early just to go to sleep to stop me thinking about and focusing on my ex :(:(:(:(

I've now moved on from that playlist to check out the new Cattle Decapitation, then to this...

Their new album is gonna be incredible, Drown, Happy Song, Throne and now this are all absolutely excellent.

New Threads

Top Bottom