• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shift in routine

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
Man I thought I would be feeling better today. That sleep study made me feel disoriented. I kept making mistakes all day with money and losing a sense of balance. I felt so confused and lost all day at work. My mom said it also made her schedule get messy. It’s strange how one event can switch up everything.

I can relate. One thing goes not as expected -> a delicate balance is destroyed and everything goes wrong and I get into a loop of alarming physiological needs and poor focus, forgetfulness, careless mistakes etc.

I can relate, too, @DaisyRose. My routines keep me anchored and pushing past my limits leads to confusion, mistakes, and even poor coordination. I had a day like that yesterday, but so far today is better.

Hope you get back to balanced soon!

I can relate. One thing goes not as expected -> a delicate balance is destroyed and everything goes wrong and I get into a loop of alarming physiological needs and poor focus, forgetfulness, careless mistakes etc.
oh my *goodness* I feel the same way. I get what I call 'anticipatory anxiety' which is where I'm waiting for an event to happen and get worked up about it until it happens.

for example, let's say my partner wakes up later in the early morning--say, 8:30 or 9 o'clock. Usually they need time to wake up fully and collect spoons. Let's say this takes a half-hour. Let's say also that they want me to make them pancakes. Depending on how many spoons I have and how 'late' they wake up, it'll send me into shutdown or I'll be fine. I get hung up on the fact that it is later in the morning and this might push dinner back later but dinner can't be later otherwise I go back into shutdown--

golly, this is a rant. Maybe not the right sub-thread for my thoughts, but...

Oh man I feel you dude!

My routine has been shifted completely because of the new "job" which is not a great job because it's all competing and I really dislike doing that

My brain is all of wack in these couple of days because of it, and it ALWAYS happens when I change my routine even in the slight?

Like my brain goes into panic mode and gets confused and just throws random new things to fill up the gaps of the old routine?

Hope you can get back to yours! I know the feel dude it's ugh...

It’s strange how one event can switch up everything.
One of those things that seems to impact those of us on the spectrum particularly hard, no matter what the change in routine may involve. Something I sometimes hate to admit to, but it's true enough for me too.

Especially living in a world where change is inevitable. :confused:

Last edited:
I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who experiences this. Thank you for everyone comforting me I really appreciate. Today has been going much better than yesterday. I am more focused and not screwing up on money so far.

Gosh, yeah. Sleep deprivation can be quite powerful in it's effects. But I think it varies widely between people and that you can get used to less sleep with practice. Or perhaps it's that you need less sleep with age. I know I used to regularly miss a nights sleep in the military and eventually pushed that to trying to work three days straight without sleep. That didn't go so well. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom