• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel like I must jump a hundred times a day from all the sudden noises. If it's consistent, I'm okay with loud volumes, but it's when it's unexpected that's when it hurts.

Most people touching me makes me feel sick. I had a dramatic period in which I would scream "RAPE!" if someone touched me..

And taste! "Here taste this! You'll love it! It's so good! Trust me!" Liars! I don't know how people can stand such ridiculously strong tastes! I've always said it feels like I'm being attacked. I can only eat bland food, preferably with just one or two mild flavors.

I'm lucky my sense of smell isn't great, because when I do smell something strong, that also feels like assault.

I haven't noticed any problems with lights! I love lights! I guess God was like "Fiiiiine, he can enjoy ONE sense.."

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any problems with lights! I love lights! I guess God was like "Fiiiiine, he can enjoy ONE sense.."
The sense I get to enjoy is taste - I love spicy, strongly flavoured foods with rich sauces, and things like ripe smelly cheese and curry.

I hate people touching me, and I don't understand why people seem to feel that it's necessary to touch me when they can just speak to me. I'm sensitive to high-pitched noises, and find it hard to block out unwanted noise.

I also have a problem with special effects in videos and documentaries - static and flashing effects are a real nightmare for me., also don't like background music much and generally find these effects annoying and unnecessary. Another thing I can't stand is commercials.

Another thing I can't stand is commercials.

OMG I also hate commercials! Why do you hate them? Do you hate them to like a.. pathological degree? Or something extreme? Because I feel enraged when I hear or see them, and I've thought of intellectual reasons for it but it almost seems more primal than that..

I also can't stand when people stand behind me or when people look at the food I'm eating. RAGE. I've always wondered if those are leftover from abuse things or if they're just features of autism.

Why do you hate them?
Oh, where do I start... this is true for most commercials:
1. They are LOUD.
2. They talk to you in this fake, over-excited, fast voice... like I'm really gong to get excited over a brand of toothpaste or something!
3. They talk to you like you are four years old.
4. They talk down to you - give me credit for some intelligence!
5. They try to manipulate by using some fancy sciency-sounding terminology, which actually means nothing.
6. They try to manipulate your emotions and tell you how you should feel.
7. They create false fears and false needs.
8. They are shown too frequently and constantly interrupt the program.

No wonder I have long since given up on watching TV.

OMG I also hate commercials! Why do you hate them? Do you hate them to like a.. pathological degree? Or something extreme? Because I feel enraged when I hear or see them, and I've thought of intellectual reasons for it but it almost seems more primal than that..

I also can't stand when people stand behind me or when people look at the food I'm eating. RAGE. I've always wondered if those are leftover from abuse things or if they're just features of autism.

I hate commercials, too. I get that rage. It makes me angry on a fundamental level because things that remind me of how stupid people are, make me mad.

Why did humans want and allows commercials in the first place? Invariably, the smartest people and programming do not have commercials. It was not a necessary part of our lives. That makes it even worse. It always denotes "....trailer-trash programming coming up, suckers..."

I notice that people tune them out. HOW?

If you want me doubly enraged, send me into a place of business with music in there. People are so stupid. I am glad I am a cat.

I hate touching and noises.
When I feel annoyed or not and I hear noises unexpectedly (I pick up noises really good unfortunately) quiet or not then I get annoyed and even mad if they persist.

When people touch me purposefully, accident or not, I hate it. I want to be left alone.

I know a lot of us aspies and other autistics deal with this in the same way or worse. How is it for you?
Noise tortures me every day. I wear earplugs 24/7 because I was never able to adjust of "cope" like all the normals say by taking a break from earplugs, but I only for tortured to sanity when I took them off! So I have to wear them, but the problem is that I can hear right through them! It only blocks the tiniest noises, but I have to wear headphones playing loud music to drive a 4-cylinder car (those type of cars have loud motors)! Everything else from any high-pitched noise (especially whistles, bus brakes, and screaming brats; but I can tolerate my light-up piano and my viola) to loud banging/rumbling (trucks, planes, any type of engine! Especially lawnmowers!), low, booming bass (loud music from radio speakers), or sharp popping noises (staplers, clapping, sometimes snapping or popping gum). The worst part is that because I can tolerate some things and that I have a loud voice when I'm laughing or have trouble understanding what people are trying to say, my sensitive hearing gets passed off as faking or just a hatred of noise when I'm really in PAIN! I live in a world of torture, and smell is only second to my oversensitive hearing. I use a LOT more air fresheners than the average person. It's BECAUSE of my curse that I've been wishing I was deaf and wanting some kind of mask to cover my nose and ears from this loud, smelly, torture chamber.

I hate commercials, too. I get that rage. It makes me angry on a fundamental level because things that remind me of how stupid people are, make me mad.

Why did humans want and allows commercials in the first place? Invariably, the smartest people and programming do not have commercials. It was not a necessary part of our lives. That makes it even worse. It always denotes "....trailer-trash programming coming up, suckers..."

I notice that people tune them out. HOW?

If you want me doubly enraged, send me into a place of business with music in there. People are so stupid. I am glad I am a cat.

YES! I always say it's a form of brain-washing. All the zombies in front of the television, wasting away, stopping only to follow its orders.

Oh, where do I start... this is true for most commercials:
1. They are LOUD.
2. They talk to you in this fake, over-excited, fast voice... like I'm really gong to get excited over a brand of toothpaste or something!
3. They talk to you like you are four years old.
4. They talk down to you - give me credit for some intelligence!
5. They try to manipulate by using some fancy sciency-sounding terminology, which actually means nothing.
6. They try to manipulate your emotions and tell you how you should feel.
7. They create false fears and false needs.
8. They are shown too frequently and constantly interrupt the program.

No wonder I have long since given up on watching TV.

I should make this list into a business card!

Ads on YouTube are just as bad as tv commercials for me too. They show on almost every video, and when I’m going to sleep with music, an ad comes on and I end up getting so mad to where I cry myself to sleep sometimes because of it (not too long though...).

Ads on YouTube are just as bad as tv commercials for me too. They show on almost every video, and when I’m going to sleep with music, an ad comes on and I end up getting so mad to where I cry myself to sleep sometimes because of it (not too long though...).
I use an adblocker, so I don't get any at all on YouTube :)

New Threads

Top Bottom