• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Sensory friendly t-shirt"

I take an ordinary T shirt and turn it inside out, and that solves the seams problem :)

BTW, the link doesn't lead to the T-shirt.

I take an ordinary T shirt and turn it inside out, and that solves the seams problem :)

But then aren't the seams visible and everyone tells you your shirt is inside out?

BTW, the link doesn't lead to the T-shirt.

What the duck! It does for me!

I signed out then copied the link again. That's the only solution I could think of so I'll see if that helps. It changed the color of the person, so that's something. o_O

But then aren't the seams visible and everyone tells you your shirt is inside out?
Not if I'm wearing it under a jacket, sweatshirt or pullover - or another T-shirt :)

Link still doesn't work for me, but it's ok, I get the idea.

Looks like they have a whole range of "sensory friendly clothing" which I've never seen in a mainstream store over here.

The link didn't work for me either @Fino , but see if THIS link to the range works @Progster ...

LINK

I wish I hadn't bothered looking at the website not available to anyone in the UK

Doing a quick google search for "sensory friendly clothing UK" brings up a great many results for online retailers of such garments based here. Prices seem to be quite a bit steeper than at Target in the US though...

I'll link the search results below.

Sensory Clothes Search

This reminds me of all the times in my life when I was uncomfortable and could never identify the problem. Duh! Why did I put up with it all my life? I thought I was being unreasonably finicky, the same way I was with food. Thank you for this "eureka" moment. I feel validated.

Looks like they have a whole range of "sensory friendly clothing" which I've never seen in a mainstream store over here.

The link didn't work for me either @Fino , but see if THIS link to the range works @Progster ...

LINK

Thank you! I just switched my link out for yours in the OP. :)

I don't understand how I could copy a link wrong. :eek:

The only pants/shorts I'm comfortable in are cargo shorts, and when I was a kid, somewhere around twelve, the store suddenly didn't have any and we went to pretty much every clothing store in the city looking for them. 'Twas madness!

Now suddenly cargo shorts are everywhere! o_O:D

And it's so rare for shirts to be the right size, I don't know how people just walk around, wearing all these random shirts of various sizes and designs. A buncha psychos! ;)

Not directly. Most of the big out of town supermarkets do a similar kind of goods range though, but the emphasis is definitely on Groceries. I suppose ASDA (which was bought by Walmart about 15 or 20 years ago) is probably closest I think, but I've never seen any sensory friendly ranges in any such shops.

For an amazingly sensory friendly t shirt try bamboo. It's so soft it feels almost like you are wearing nothing and has no seams either (at least I don't think so). Honestly it's like buttery soft. Amazon has it for both men and women:
for men:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GYIV...olid=2BAYBVSWLBIOX&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

for women:
https://smile.amazon.com/ONNO-Women...t+shirt&qid=1557664249&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Thank you for this! I've been looking for options for soft clothes. I do own a few things from Target that I found in person, I had no idea they had a sensory-friendly category. I've had some luck searching for "viscose" or "soft rayon" lately. It's good to know bamboo is an option. Has anyone tried clothing from this company? MeUndies | The World's Most Comfortable Underwear for Men & Women - MeUndies

Thank you for this! I've been looking for options for soft clothes. I do own a few things from Target that I found in person, I had no idea they had a sensory-friendly category. I've had some luck searching for "viscose" or "soft rayon" lately. It's good to know bamboo is an option. Has anyone tried clothing from this company? MeUndies | The World's Most Comfortable Underwear for Men & Women - MeUndies

Not familiar with the underwear but also love rayon clothing. However you will be amazed at how wonderful bamboo feels. It is worth every penny. There are a few companies which sell it in addition to Amazon like Cariloha and Big Boy Bamboo for those who need plus and/or tall sizes.

Not directly. Most of the big out of town supermarkets do a similar kind of goods range though, but the emphasis is definitely on Groceries. I suppose ASDA (which was bought by Walmart about 15 or 20 years ago) is probably closest I think, but I've never seen any sensory friendly ranges in any such shops.

Target is quite progressive. They sell gender-neutral clothing and have removed gender from the toy section, not labeling them by gender and not using colors to indicate gender, such as pink for girl and blue for boy. These changes prompted a brief stir of protests!

New Threads

Top Bottom