• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Selling Tekken 7 for Xbox One on eBay - what price to sell for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I paid £40 for the game this week (about $50 US) and it doesn't work on my Xbox One S at my Parents', and I know that if I trade it in at CEX or anywhere I'd get hardly anything for it so I'm going to put it on eBay.

However, what's a good price to put it on for including first class recorded postage? Bare in mind it's an Xbox game and everyone on here's a Sony Pony or a Nintendoid.

I always use recorded postage because after previous experience I don't trust the local Postal service to not lose stuff.

GAME will give you £28.80 cash or £32 credit.

edit: And I double checked; that price definitely applies to the both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions.

Last edited:
The best thing to do is to check sold listings and see how much the same game in a similar condition has sold for. You should sort the sold listings by end date recent first.

Is this the disc that was scratched? Isn't there a possibility that if you tried to trade it in at Game, that they'd reject it due to the damage? I also think that if you know it's potentially defective, then selling it on eBay is pretty much deceptive. Unless of course you state that it's scratched.

Topic.

Long and short of it, I bought Tekken 7 on Xbox One this afternoon from a local Shop called ALS Media in the Hillsborough area of Sheffield, England, paid £40 for the game boxed with instructions, brought it Home, installed it on my Xbox One console, and after about 7 attempts the game wouldn't load.

I checked the disc, and it was VERY badly scratched so no wonder it didn't work, anyway I contacted the Store via their Facebook page, and according to them the disc was fine when I took it out of the Shop, and it's my handling that's caused it to not work! Thing is I've been handling game discs for years so I know they're sensitive to finger marks etc.

He then said, and I quote, that I was "challenged" and advised my carer to go into the Shop on my behalf with the game! He posted this on Messenger and I was literally fuming and was like, WTF?!

IMO this bloke has committed a "Hate crime" against me and by rights should be strung up, should I be taking this further legally?

Contrary to popular belief, people with Autism or Asperger's are NOT retarded or otherwise mentally incompetent.

Either go back and confront the vendor who sold you defective merchandise, or just suck it up as a lesson in "caveat emptor"- buyer beware. Attempting to pass along your mistake to make another victim isn't an option. I hope you clearly understand this.

Another option- consider trying to recover the physical integrity of the disk if possible.

How to Make a Non Working Xbox Disk Work

Last edited:
Either go back and confront the vendor who sold you defective merchandise, or just suck it up as a lesson in "caveat emptor"- buyer beware. Attempting to pass along your mistake to make another victim isn't an option. I hope you clearly understand this.

Another option- consider trying to recover the physical integrity of the disk if possible.

How to Make a Non Working Xbox Disk Work

The game worked on the Shop's Xbox, only problem is that it takes an hour to install because it needs a BIG patch (960 Mb) before it installs a 40 Gig game.

Also, I hate to be pedantic but it's a game DISC, not DISK, nobody uses DISKS anymore.

The game worked on the Shop's Xbox, only problem is that it takes an hour to install because it needs a BIG patch (960 Mb) before it installs a 40 Gig game.

So download the patch if and when available! Duh. I worked in that industry. Seriously - if you're unwilling or too impatient to download patches there's no point in gaming given inherent complexities of software and all the corporate marketing considerations that go with them.

Games that are perfect on their first release? LOLOLOL. I could tell you horror stories of just how buggy some game products are at the outset. Because early release is designed to pacify corporate shareholders on a quarterly basis. Not gamers. Especially with the knowledge that software patches inevitably follow.

Tekken 7's patch to fix online stability is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Last edited:

Also, I hate to be pedantic but it's a game DISC, not DISK, nobody uses DISKS anymore.

But if there's a chance it won't work on someone else's Xbox - it doesn't work on yours, after all - then trying to palm it off on someone else just to circumvent your own misfortune is a d*ck move.

So download the patch if and when available! Duh. I worked in that industry. If you're unwilling or too impatient to download patches there's no point in gaming given inherent complexities of software.

Tekken 7's patch to fix online stability is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Look, do NOT talk to me like I am an idiot, contrary to popular opinion I am NOT a retarded moron.

Basically, the game works on another Xbox other than mine, and according to the guy in the Shop, there's no problem with it, therefore he offered my Dad £25 trade in for it, but they don't have anything else I want.

Do you see?!

If you're going to be annoying, kindly go away.

I plan to hit Game in Meadowhall tomorrow to see what trade in I can get on it towards either another copy of Tekken 7 or Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbox.

If the disc was supposedly scratched and you complained about it, what makes you think someone else won't do the same? If you think that incident you had was bad, try dealing with an angry customer yourself!

One more thing Rich, your attitude is really uncalled for here. If all you're going to do is lash out at everyone else and respond with negativity, don't expect to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
But if there's a chance it won't work on someone else's Xbox - it doesn't work on yours, after all - then trying to palm it off on someone else just to circumvent your own misfortune is a d*ck move.

1: Do NOT call me a d*ck, I just reported your VERY offensive post, although I'm sure the Mods won't do anything.

2: The game isn't faulty, I just don't have the patience to wait an hour for the thing to install.

3: It works on someone else's console.

Do you see?

Look, do NOT talk to me like I am an idiot, contrary to popular opinion I am NOT a retarded moron.

Basically, the game works on another Xbox other than mine, and according to the guy in the Shop, there's no problem with it, therefore he offered my Dad £25 trade in for it, but they don't have anything else I want.

Do you see?!

If you're going to be annoying, kindly go away.

I plan to hit Game in Meadowhall tomorrow to see what trade in I can get on it towards either another copy of Tekken 7 or Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbox.

No one's called you an idiot or retarded. You brought that up, not anyone else.

But at this point between the two threads on the same subject, we are forced to question your ethics and honesty on a number of issues.

First because you obviously want to pawn off your problem to someone else. Second because your story keeps evolving. Is it truly defective merchandise or are you just unwilling to wait to download a patch which might solve the problem, if the problem isn't related to your initial claims.

Which is it?

And why have no not attempted to revive the disk if possible?

1: Do NOT call me a d*ck, I just reported your VERY offensive post, although I'm sure the Mods won't do anything.

2: The game isn't faulty, I just don't have the patience to wait an hour for the thing to install.

3: It works on someone else's console.

Do you see?

Read the post again please. I didn't call you anything. I merely stated that trying to sell faulty goods onto someone else WOULD be a d*ck move.

Do you see?

...2: The game isn't faulty, I just don't have the patience to wait an hour for the thing to install....

Dude...it's a 40GB file. Of course it's going to take a while. An hour? I've had to wait several of those just to download games via Steam less than that in size, and here you are with a disc in hand ready to go? Have faith, have patience, etc etc.

Just relax already! Nobody's insulting you here, we're trying to help, but if you don't want to be consistent with your information, again, don't expect to be taken seriously. OK?

Last edited:
Is it possible to discuss gaming issues
without reverting to personal insults?

Let's try that.

Getting emotional over disappointment
can lead to misinterpretation.

The cold reality of much of any software game is that they inevitably require patches and updates to ensure a satisfying gaming experience.

If one doesn't have the patience to even download such patches and upgrades, they're settling for an inferior product right from purchase. That's a dynamic that isn't going to change.

Settling for an unpatched game just released? <FACEPALM>

And if the disk is scratched, why not attempt to fix it if possible? There's a lot out there on fixing scratched disks. Back to Google. No guarantees, but it beats dumping the same problem (if it is a problem) on someone else.

One other thing to consider. That repurchasing an unscratched disk may or may not allow the program to nominally operate. But imagine if the reason the game doesn't play well is because it lacks the patch/update in the first place? You wouldn't want to take such a chance of that happening twice, would you? ;)

Deductive logic. Which is precisely why if it were my disk I'd attempt to download any and all patches and updates if I got the disk running at all. Sadly I know firsthand that on some occasions patches make all the difference in the world between playing a game or just pitching it into the trashcan.

Last edited:
The cold reality of much of any software game is that they inevitably require patches and updates to ensure a satisfying gaming experience.

If one doesn't have the patience to even download such patches and upgrades, they're settling for an inferior product right from purchase. That's a dynamic that isn't going to change.

Settling for an unpatched game just released? <FACEPALM>

And if the disk is scratched, why not attempt to fix it if possible? There's a lot out there on fixing scratched disks. Back to Google. No guarantees, but it beats dumping the same problem (if it is a problem) on someone else.

One other thing to consider. That repurchasing an unscratched disk may or may not allow the program to nominally operate. But imagine if the reason the game doesn't play well is because it lacks the patch/update in the first place? You wouldn't want to take such a chance of that happening twice, would you? ;)

Deductive logic. Which is precisely why if it were my disk I'd attempt to download any and all patches and updates if I got the disk running at all. Sadly I know firsthand that on some occasions patches make all the difference in the world between playing a game or just pitching it into the trashcan.

Oh FFS, this is why I tend not to get on with Americans, they clearly don't know WTF they're talking about half the time.

It's a DISC, not a DISK!

Oh FFS, this is why I tend not to get on with Americans, they clearly don't know WTF they're talking about half the time.

It's a DISC, not a DISK!

You're just embarrassing yourself further, as you usually do. Incapable of taking responsibility for your words or actions. None of such childish or xenophobic outbursts will undo your impatience, laziness and incompetence.

We tried to help you and in an honest manner. And all you can do is lash out blaming anyone except yourself.

Sad, Rich. :(

It's a DISC, not a DISK!

American English differs from British English in more ways than I could possibly list... and I have a thing for lists. Please get over the fact that Americans and/or Canadians can and will spell words differently from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom