• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seeing number patterns everywhere

Intemporal_Reverie

Does anyone else see numbers in doubles and triples everywhere? I have wondered for some time if others have experienced this as well. Some examples include seeing car license plates with 11, 111, 22, 222, 33, 333, etc. etc., all the way to 9 (1-9). Perhaps the most common example is digital time prompts. On so many occasions, I have looked at the time to see 3:33, 4:44, 5:55, and 11:11, 12:12, etc. etc. I see these patterns on clothing, buildings, advertisements, and it's not a matter of mere coincidence, nor am I "looking for it" there is something else to it.

I have researched this independently, but I am very much interested in what others have to contribute to this topic.

The purpose of this post is for others to have a place to discuss this issue involving number patterns and the occurrence of these patterns.

My husband keep seeing 9:11 everywhere. As for myself: I have a system, more or less: if I have some doubts, questions, need something to get resolved. Seeing certain things in the environment "remind" me of what is about to come or if I'm making the right decision or not. I know, it might seem weird to some but still. Numbers play their role in this too. So my combinations usually involve 44, 444, 22, 222, 777. On rare occasions 33, 333. 55 and 555 has also been a part of it but my primary numbers are 2s,4s and 7s.

Yes, I find that which digits appear and what patterns occur may be dependent on many different factors. I looked at it as an alternate form of communication as well. A message of sorts.

Thing is that you are looking at clocks all the time, and just ignoring the boring times.
But when you see 9:11, it sparks interest.

That's the things with co-incidences. You don't notice the thousands of times they don't happen.

Seeing number is a sort of occupational hazard for aspiring accountants/auditors like me.

I see number patterns, only because they're part of some accounting or auditing code that we have to comply, or when some law cases decide what we have and what we do in accounting.

I think '2' in boxes, '38' as a test tube (relating to Research and Development), '15' as some large sack of money (since it deals with deferred tax) and so on.

People view this issue differently that's for sure. That's fine.

In my experience in dealing with these events, I don't exactly see it as coincidence (as mentioned in the first post here) It happens to me at strange times and often through chained events. For instance, I will be driving and not looking for anything intentionally, a car will pull up with 33 or 22 or whatever, then shortly after another car will pull up next to it with 333, etc. At that exact moment I will look at the clock and it will say something like 4:44 or whatever at the same exact time. In terms of time prompts, there are also times when I look at digital clocks of sorts, and its not always because I'm interested in determining what time it is. I look at them out of nowhere only to see these patterns. As if prompted by something to telling me to "look now" Might seem bizarre, but that's just how it seems to me. These are just some examples of particular scenarios with respect to this issue. I don't really know what to make of it exactly, but I do find it to be very interesting.

In my experience in dealing with these events, I don't exactly see it as coincidence (as mentioned in the first post here) It happens to me at strange times and often through chained events. For instance, I will be driving and not looking for anything intentionally, a car will pull up with 33 or 22 or whatever, then shortly after another car will pull up next to it with 333, etc. At that exact moment I will look at the clock and it will say something like 4:44 or whatever at the same exact time. In terms of time prompts, there are also times when I look at digital clocks of sorts, and its not always because I'm interested in determining what time it is. I look at them out of nowhere only to see these patterns. As if prompted by something to telling me to "look now" Might seem bizarre, but that's just how it seems to me. These are just some examples of particular scenarios with respect to this issue. I don't really know what to make of it exactly, but I do find it to be very interesting.

That's how it happens to me as well, car license plates, random posters, in addition to time.

Yes all the time for about 2 years now, I've woke up checked the time 4.44am Ithis has happened about 5 times, if i look from my balcony i see 222, 111,333, 444, 555 usually those sometimes its 4444. Car regs, when I'm in a supermarket the bill comes 44.44 Swedish Kronor on the display in front of me, i have a thermometer in the kitchen to measure temp outside and that is often 11.11 or 22.22 when i look. I KNOW its not a coincidence and feel happy about it, p.m me if you want to discuss further ( if your still on AC)

New Threads

Top Bottom