• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Scents/smells

King_Oni

V.I.P Member
Are there any scents or smells you particularly like? I'm sometimes I really sensitive person to certain smells. Some smells cause a bit of distress with me. A really strong mint scent usually annoys the hell out of me for example. The entire deal of really strong, smelly stuff like sweat, ammonia and all, for most people that's a given to not like it that much.

I do burn a lot of incense sticks in my room, usually it's either opium, cinnamon or vanilla, those last 2 are also flavours a like a lot for food.

I'm in general not a person for the really sweet scents I think, do like some more dense chocolate type of smells. As well as coffee (as in out of the package/coffee beans)

Weirdly enough though, cigarettes/cigars and the smell that comes from it doesn't bother me as much as most people (that don't smoke). And I do like the smell of gasoline at gasstations.

Yesterday I was put off by the smell of generic house cleaner. That kinda stuff, I don't know... I can't just tolerate it.

Unlike you I like how most of the cleaning solutions smell.

Well...I guess like most of the people I don't like "dirty" smells like sweat or whatever comes to mind.

I do burn those sticks as well every day.

The holiday apple spice or whatever they call it scent in candles and things like that - hate it, it's absolutely not the same as real apple pie with cinnamon no matter what they say.

Licorice - hate it

Some men's cologne, and probably women's too. When scent is not balanced but has some sort of a burst of unexpected ...something in it, I just don't get it.

Citrus smell, ocean, basil, dill,... I think it will take forever to name everything

When I was a kid a absolutely loved fish smell, imagine that :)

Some everyday smells I love are certain types of women's perfume, my Brut aftershave, fresh petrol, diesel, woodsmoke from my log fire, road tar, and cigar smoke.
One smell I cant stand is bleach and most other household cleaning products.

I could smell iodine all day and be very happy. I think it smells like the air before it rains. And for some reason, that smell calms me down a bit.

I personally can't stand vinegary smells. Ketchup is even pushing it, though i like the way it tastes.

I'm okay with cleaners with the exception of Pine Sol (Original scent).

Cigarette smoke doesn't bother me, i'm a former smoker..

I love anything sweet smelling and that means almost all of my perfumes, body products hair products etc have some kind of sweet smell to them. My absolute favourite being apple pancakes scented perfume, I also have a candy floss one that I wear now and again.

I don't like the smell of the usual sweat, bleach, smoke etc but a more unusual one is meat particularly salami when it's been in the fridge for a day or two, it's so repulsive I can't go in the fridge without pinching my nose tightly!

I love the smell of must (books, attics, basements) markers, the air right before and right after it rains, campfire smoke and cigars.

I hate the smell of gas, most perfumes/colognes, most dryer sheets and mothballs.

Oh! Yes! That too, that new book smell..(that which runs contrary to the ancient books, etc. that you had mentioned above). There's something about it. Thanks for reminding me about that. Good call.

I LOVE the smell of vanilla, coffee, freshly cut apples, rain, cut grass, lemon, old books, and soap.

Hate the smell of cigarettes or smoked meats.

When I was a kid I discovered the open freezers in grocery stores had a wonderful smell but you have to stick your head down pretty far to experience the smell.

That old book smell should be feces of small insets living in book tissue. Yummy.
What I find interesting is that even I can't drink coffee not like it's taste, I too think it has really nice scent. I feel that many pets have coffee scented pee, with some creamy nutty side note. I'd really not like to think that much of pet pee.

I like this mars flower Rhododendron tomentosum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, nutmeg, buttery popcorn, cardamom, smoke and molded seaweed at times of tidal ebb (with hint of dead crustacea).
Also: Petrichor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love the smells of anything with garlic in it, fresh flowers, clean and fresh air, newly-baked cookies and other baked goods, and coffee.

I absolutely love, or have a nauseous feeling, concerning personal scents. I have been intensely attracted to repelled by specific men dependent on their scent. I have briefly dated, and then consequently broken up, with men because I got a good whiff of their neck and didn't like their personal smell. It has always been so important to me that my man smells right, as the right smell makes me feel safe and comfortable with him. I'm a bit like a dog I suppose.

I love the smell of fresh basil, vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, frankincense, coconut, most baked goods & many animal scents I find comforting.
Absolutely love my sweetheart Butterfly Lady's scent too!:)

I love the smell of fish, garlic, tomato sauce and coffee.

I hate the smell of cigarettes, perfume & cologne, Lysol, bleach and pretty much anything else that's harmful for you or artificial.

My sense of smell is touch and go though (I'm unsure but the only culprit I have for it is multiple nasal polyp surgeries throughout my life), so I usually don't smell everything there is.

Love: fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, almost anything), saut?ing onions and garlic, okay, bacon too :D. Also, pine needles, lemons and grapefruit. Hate: artificial scents of any kind, such as air fresheners, scented candles, cologne, cleaners, detergents, etc. they make me nauseous.

New Threads

Top Bottom