• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Save A Fox's Makayla Raines

Judge

V.I.P Member
I've been watching Makayla Raines and her husband Ethan for a while now on YouTube. They run a rescue operation for foxes. Fascinating to see these animals so easily interact with humans, to a point where they seem more like anyone's pet canine. Of course looks can be somewhat deceiving in this case, yet it seems outrageous now to think of furriers raising them only for their coats.

Recently while watching one of their most recent videos involving travel to Florida to their other fox rescue operation, I noticed Makayla's demeanor change as they entered an airport. Her usual friendly and candid onscreen personality kind of evaporated. And at one point her husband (Ethan) simply said, "Makayla's on the spectrum" and left it at that. Plus Makayla added that people would find her "very different" in person compared to her online personality. Though she left it at that and said no more about it.

Which all came as a bit of a shock...as most of us probably can agree that it isn't something to be taken lightly. Sure enough I did a little digging to find that apart from being an advocate for fox rescues, she's also an autism awareness advocate as well. She's one of us. Very cool. :cool:

Last edited:
I have read that foxes can easily be domesticated if those that show aggression toward humans are removed from the breeding pool (weirdly, when this happens, the foxes develop floppy ears).

This seems to have worked with wolves, which is why I can have a friendly dog.

I've been watching Makayla Raines and her husband Ethan for a while now on YouTube. They run a rescue operation for foxes. Fascinating to see these animals so easily interact with humans, to a point where they seem more like anyone's pet canine. Of course looks can be somewhat deceiving in this case, yet it seems outrageous now to think of furriers raising them only for their coats.

Recently while watching one of their most recent videos involving travel to Florida to their other fox rescue operation, I noticed Makayla's demeanor change as they entered an airport. Her usual friendly and candid onscreen personality kind of evaporated. And at one point her husband (Ethan) simply said, "Makayla's on the spectrum" and left it at that. Plus Makayla added that people would find her "very different" in person compared to her online personality. Though she left it at that and said no more about it.

Which all came as a bit of a shock...as most of us probably can agree that it isn't something to be taken lightly. Sure enough I did a little digging to find that apart from being an advocate for fox rescues, she's also an autism awareness advocate as well. She's one of us. Very cool. :cool:

There is a guy in Siberia who breeds silver foxes specifically to be good pets. They are very expensive.

Foxes and be friendly and coexist with humans. (So can lions and bears and wolves and ferrets.) They generally aren't considered domesticated in the same sense as a dog. They make difficult pets. They still have that bit of wildness about them.

New Threads

Top Bottom