• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Saturday Morning Cartoons- Your Earliest Memories

George of the Jungle
Super Chicken
Roadrunner
Ren & Stimpy
Star Trek animated
Scooby Doo (didn't watch much)
Underdog
Space Ghost
Pink Panther
Banana Splits

shows me age! :)

Nuh, we didn't even have those......... I don't think. If we did, I just don't remember lol.

Apparently the Bart Simpson one was released in Australia; it might have just been the case that it was only distributed in certain shops.

Here's the UK advert for them:

Apparently the Bart Simpson one was released in Australia; it might have just been the case that it was only distributed in certain shops.

Here's the UK advert for them:
Huh! The ad doesn't ring any bells, but thanks for looking it up :)

I was around for the very end of the saturday morning era. My faves were Avatar the Last Airbender, Superman: The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited. Watched them on DVD, we didn't have cable, but often on saturday morning on a real TV so I say it counts. :)

We still had WB Kids I think, saw a little Yugioh ZEXAL and like 3 episodes of Dragon Ball, which eventually got me into anime. And vague, vague memories of something called Sushi Pack. Should've watched more often.

Also watched the late 2000s PBS Kids lineup every day even though I was vaguely aware 11 was too old. I still know every WordGirl character and I can sing the Arthur, Wild Kratts, Cyberchase and Fetch themes by heart.

Last edited:
Some other shows you guys might remember, although I'm not sure how many (if any) were broadcast on Saturday mornings:

Retro UK Kids TV Megamix (90's and Some Early 00's)

I
I want you to think back to your very earliest memories of childhood.

What do you remember watching on Saturday Morning?

Post the theme songs here!

I remember animanics, tiny toons, winnie the pooh, sweet valley high.
I remember sweet valley high song and all the theme songs.
It went 'who's there in the crowded hall, is there a beauty standing is she really everything or some reflection
And I do not remember the rest but the chorus went sweet valley, sweet valleyyy high
And we had foxtel, pay TV for a while so I watched like those shows probably occasionally.
Like nick and cartoon network

In our house, we had no TV until I was eight. Reading was encouraged, and with limited viewing time available, I went for Captain Kangaroo. I'm not sure if I even had cartoons available. I saw a few in movie matinees at the YMCA. Roadrunner vs Coyote and Tweety vs Sylvester are the only fragments of memory, probably due to later refreshment.

Don't know if this one was Saturday Mornings as it was before my time, but I do remember watching its sequel series when I was a kid - which made me want to seek this one out:

Around The World With Willy Fog (Based on the book "Around The World In 80 Days" by Jules Verne).

None of the above. (OK, @Gerald Wilgus, Clutch Cargo with the live animated lips dubbed onto flat storyboards - cutting edge technology. And @Richelle-H, the live shows, though my favourite was Jet Jackson. Not to mention Hopalong Cassidy.) Bugs Bunny (and Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies) were sooo long-lived. But nobody remembers Felix? Atom Ant? Torchy the Battery Boy? Prince Planet? Rocky and Bullwinkle? Astro Boy? The Magic Roundabout? (Drug-influenced puppetry?) Thunderbirds? (Puppetry without the drugs.) Hand puppets were Sooty and Sweep. I keep forgetting the name of the cartoon series about the man run down by a car and put in a robot body by a secretive scientist/doctor, who then went crime-fighting. I remember he replenished his energy by inhaling from ignited “energy-sticks” - sneak in some subliminal promotion of smoking for the kiddies?

None of the above. (OK, @Gerald Wilgus, Clutch Cargo with the live animated lips dubbed onto flat storyboards - cutting edge technology. And @Richelle-H, the live shows, though my favourite was Jet Jackson. Not to mention Hopalong Cassidy.) Bugs Bunny (and Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies) were sooo long-lived. But nobody remembers Felix? Atom Ant? Torchy the Battery Boy? Prince Planet? Rocky and Bullwinkle? Astro Boy? The Magic Roundabout? (Drug-influenced puppetry?) Thunderbirds? (Puppetry without the drugs.) Hand puppets were Sooty and Sweep. I keep forgetting the name of the cartoon series about the man run down by a car and put in a robot body by a secretive scientist/doctor, who then went crime-fighting. I remember he replenished his energy by inhaling from ignited “energy-sticks” - sneak in some subliminal promotion of smoking for the kiddies?

I remember Felix, Magic Roundabout, Thunderbirds and Sooty & Sweep.
Not so much the other ones - I'll have to check them out.

New Threads

Top Bottom