• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Saturday Morning Cartoons- Your Earliest Memories

I was a 90's kid myself, so I remember waking up on Saturday mornings to watch Diggit - which was one of those kids programs (created by Disney) that played cartoons and had competitions you could enter.
(On a side note, a young Fearne Cotton was one of the presenters).

Through Diggit, I watched a lot of different cartoons (some more than others), although it's a struggle to remember when I watched what and when.
Since there's too many to show videos for all of them, I'll leave links to their intros on YouTube:

Adventures of the Gummi Bears
The Jungle Cubs
Ducktales
Aladdin: The Animated Series
Talespin
Sonic Underground

The Legend of Tarzan
Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers
101 Dalmatians: The Animated Series
Darkwing Duck
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Disney's Doug
The Little Mermaid: The Animated Series
PB&J Otter
Hercules: The Animated Series
Lloyd in Space
Goof Troop
Sabrina: The Animated Series
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Weekenders
Timon and Pumbaa

Recess
House of Mouse
Lilo & Stitch: The Animated Series
Gargoyles
Spider-Man: The Animated Series

This is basically everything I watched in middle school. I was just thinking about the Little Mermaid cartoon series!

This show was the only reason I ever willingly got up at 7 in the morning. Once it got replaced with that lame Free Willy cartoon, I started sleeping in.

Looney Tunes all morning.

Porky Pig
Tweety and Sylvester
Yosemite Sam
Road Runner
Bugs Bunny

Also- The Jetsons, The Flintstones

And Top Cat and his gang.
They were the first cartoons I started drawing when learning to write and draw.

There was a daily morning children's show I couldn't miss- Captain Kangeroo.
Not a cartoon. But, I loved it.

2e048a34c4c5dc7f09314667baf9a065.jpg
:D

For me, there were lots of classics too. Those were the best ones!

Looney Tunes/ Merrie Melodies
Tom and Jerry
Flintstones
Jetsons
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Yogi Bear
Mighty Mouse
Scooby Doo
Donald Duck/ Chip and Dale
etc....

Enjoy:

Last edited:
You asked! Yeah, some of us are this old. Circa 1959-1960 stuff. Of course at the time, all cartoons for us were in black and white. I had to go to my friend's house on Friday nights in 1964 to see "Jonny Quest" in color. We didn't get a color tv until 1967. :oops:

Last edited:
You asked! Yeah, some of us are this old. Circa 1959-1960 stuff. Of course at the time, all cartoons for us were in black and white. I had to go to my friend's house on Friday nights in 1964 to see "Jonny Quest" in color. We didn't get a color tv until 1967. :oops:

Seeing Quick Draw McGraw reminds me of another show I watched when I was younger (although I don't know if this one was broadcast on Saturday Mornings or not):

Yogi's Treasure Hunt

Seeing Quick Draw McGraw reminds me of another show I watched when I was younger (although I don't know if this one was broadcast on Saturday Mornings or not):

Yogi's Treasure Hunt

LOL...Yogi and Booboo were there too! :) And Top Cat...and Beany & Cecil later.
Top Cat was an important influence on me back then. I wanted to live in a trashcan, but my Mom vetoed the idea. :(

Then in the past came the future:

Last edited:
But in 1964...came "Jonny Quest". What we kids called "Electronic Cartoons". Animations, but with more of an adult flavor. In so many episodes where the bad guy of the week would always say, "You must die, Dr. Quest!"

But in 1964...came "Jonny Quest". What we kids called "Electronic Cartoons". Animations, but with more of an adult flavor. In so many episodes where the bad guy of the week would always say, "You must die, Dr. Quest!"

For me, I never saw the original Johnny Quest and instead only saw the remake (The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest) - which had a pretty awesome intro:

There are some really weird and random Saturday morning cartoons out there. I remember the California Raisins, MC Hammer, and Back to the Future getting cartoons. Plus there was the Rambo and Little Shop of Horrors. And the ones with the cast of Gilligan’s Island and Partridge Family living in space.

There are some really weird and random Saturday morning cartoons out there. I remember the California Raisins, MC Hammer, and Back to the Future getting cartoons. Plus there was the Rambo and Little Shop of Horrors. And the ones with the cast of Gilligan’s Island and Partridge Family living in space.

Gilligan's Planet

There were soooo many badly-thought-out cartoons based on TV shows and movies - too many to even name.

Edit: There's a list! There are so many on this list that I'm glad I never saw: List of animated spin-offs from prime time shows - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Makes me think of these four videos - which cover most intros for 80s cartoons:

He had to leave the following intros out of those videos due to copyright:
The All New Pink Panther Show
Defenders of the Earth
Alf the Animated Series
Alf Tales
Bionic Six
Fraggle Rock the Animated Series
Godzilla: The Series
Flash Gordon
Popples
Potato Head Kids
The Raccoons
Robotix
Rubik the Amazing Cube
Rude Dog and the Dweebs
Space Ace
The Smurfs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Thundercats
Ulysses-31

I had forgotten about Shazam, but I did used to watch it when I was very young. I just don't remember any of it lol. Shintaro was another one, but I can't actually remember it either. With Shazam, me & my brother & sister used to tie our beach towels around our shoulders to make capes lol. That's all I remember about it.

When I was a little older, I'd watch The Cattanooga Cats, Precious Pup & The Flintstones.

Cattanooga Cats

Precious Pup

The Flintstones

So, the Cattanooga Cats & Precious Pup would be the actual earliest memories :)

Sometimes I wonder if there's more Flintstones cereal commercials than there are actual Flintstones TV episodes.

New Threads

Top Bottom