• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reintro

CK1977

Hi after reading a few intros, I decided to introduce myself again. As I mentioned I am 39 years old and I was diagnosed 5 years ago. I like to read. My nook is my best friend. Along with my note pad. Listen and sing to music. I am a perfectionist to the point I can wear myself into the ground. I have sensory challenges that I have trouble managing. I joined mostly because I am alone and even though I like being alone, some of it isn't by choice either. Before my diagnoses I didn't understand people's reactions to me. I noticed but I really never understood why. I just thought that people understood what I am saying or were really listening. I found out that wasn't the case. I found that I can't assume anything. My family are all NTs and so it is hard to know what they understand or what they will accept. They watched me grow up but they really have no idea what it felt like. The experience of dissociation or being forced into a mold that ends up breaking you. I don't like raising my voice or shouting to get myself listened to. I fear the reaction I would receive and I fear how I respond or not respond. It seems my entire life is trying to make sense of myself. When I first was diagnosed I find my first piece and the second piece was the sensory integration. Maybe this forum is the third piece to this puzzle.

Hi after reading a few intros, I decided to introduce myself again. As I mentioned I am 39 years old and I was diagnosed 5 years ago. I like to read. My nook is my best friend. Along with my note pad. Listen and sing to music. I am a perfectionist to the point I can wear myself into the ground. I have sensory challenges that I have trouble managing. I joined mostly because I am alone and even though I like being alone, some of it isn't by choice either. Before my diagnoses I didn't understand people's reactions to me. I noticed but I really never understood why. I just thought that people understood what I am saying or were really listening. I found out that wasn't the case. I found that I can't assume anything. My family are all NTs and so it is hard to know what they understand or what they will accept. They watched me grow up but they really have no idea what it felt like. The experience of dissociation or being forced into a mold that ends up breaking you. I don't like raising my voice or shouting to get myself listened to. I fear the reaction I would receive and I fear how I respond or not respond. It seems my entire life is trying to make sense of myself. When I first was diagnosed I find my first piece and the second piece was the sensory integration. Maybe this forum is the third piece to this puzzle.
Hi there! Many here can relate to being aspie or autie in an NT world. AC has been an enlightening experience for this introverted aspie and I bet it can indeed be the 3rd piece to your puzzle. Best wishes!

Hi again CK1977 I'm sure you will find your time spent here worthwhile. Even when not participating loads, I find it reassuring to check in, say "Hi" to new folk who have joined & to read up about other people#s stuff. I like to add a response sometimes too but I have big problems committing stuff to print & sometimes I fret that what I say might not come out right or might be misinterpreted or just sound dumb, which keeps me quiet. Other days, not so. Welcome along anyways :)

Hi again CK1977 I'm sure you will find your time spent here worthwhile. Even when not participating loads, I find it reassuring to check in, say "Hi" to new folk who have joined & to read up about other people#s stuff. I like to add a response sometimes too but I have big problems committing stuff to print & sometimes I fret that what I say might not come out right or might be misinterpreted or just sound dumb, which keeps me quiet. Other days, not so. Welcome along anyways :)
Thank you, I am kind of a ghost because I am there in the back round. If I have something that help then I might say it. But I am like you, I worry that it might come out right. Thanks again

I am like you, I worry that it might come out right.

The great thing about Central is that we are among other people who will also commonly have such experiences, which is why I love coming on here. Thank you for your words too. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom