• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Realizing I'm autistic, wondering what's next.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in, I feel much less alone than I did when I posted. Just letting it sift through my thoughts, how it changes how I see myself, what is different and what's the same. Trying not to get too caught up in thought loops on it all, and learning but also keeping a boundary on the research so it doesn't eat up all my energy. I'm sure I will have more questions, and I hope one day, I can offer help to other folks, as well.

As you form a better revision of your personal history, you will be able to formulate a more realistic map of yourself, going forward, such as anticipating events that, in the past, would have been overwhelming for you. You may not be able to avoid them completely, but you can prepare for them, so you won't be so blind-sided.

As you form a better revision of your personal history, you will be able to formulate a more realistic map of yourself, going forward, such as anticipating events that, in the past, would have been overwhelming for you. You may not be able to avoid them completely, but you can prepare for them, so you won't be so blind-sided.
Wow, that is a really helpful way of explaining this for me. Thank you for laying that out so clearly!

[Shinji]
That is very good that you have discovered that about yourself, we have found in some instances it takes others a far longer time to realize they are autistic. This can be due to many things, like not knowing what autism is until far later in life and unintentionally masking symptoms. All of us as system members identify as neurodivergent on some level since host has been a diagnosed autistic since around the age of 3 but a diagnosis isn't necessary to not be neurotypical.

New Threads

Top Bottom