• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

... not sure where my autism might show up. Probably just in simple living conditions surrounded by recruits. I don't think that part of it I'd handle well.

That's why I didn't join the military. I could handle the orders and the rigidity just fine. I wouldn't handle being around other people 24/7 with no means of escape very well.

This is one thing that upsets me about my autism. I find it has limited me in my choice of careers. I have the intelligence and work ethic to be successful, but my tolerance for interacting with humans limits me.

I was in the military because I did not have a choice. In those days all males had a military obligation. I was in the Army for 3 years, 6 months and 4 days. I got a medical discharge because I got busted up in a traffic accident. I hated the Army so bad that getting hurt was almost worth it, because I got discharged. The bad part was that I only had 6 months to go. At that time I did not know that I was autistic. I did know that I hated living and eating with a bunch of men. I was pretty much alone even though I was always with a bunch of people who thought that I was strange. I do not think that the military is a good place for a Aspie. But at least I took care of my military obligation.

People seem to me to be lights, like candle flames.
Some people anyway.

I miss the light of my friend who died last summer.
I miss the light of my mother. She died last winter.

I find myself looking/seeing in my head and missing
the light of them.

auntie0613_LargeWide.jpg

tree my husband saw this and ever since for several days now, he's been threatening to set his boxers on fire if things don't go the way he wants them to! :eek:;)

Is Area 51 the 51st state of America?..........................................:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::eek::rocket:
Area 51 is real it is ringed by desert mountains totally owned by the government and is somewhere down by the nevada califonia border. They like to test new secret aircraft and weapons there because no one, (the Russians), can see over the mountains easily. There are a bunch of UFO types hanging around the edge of it some may be real UFO fans, some just Russians looking for a peak at a new U.S.toy that flies to high...:p

DARPA thugs chase you with guns if you get too close :walking::eek:.......:runner::mad: telescopes and stuff get you chased.

Some crazies sneak in and steal expended and dud live bombs from the testing ranges:eek::rocket::rocket::rocket:BOOM!

People seem to me to be lights, like candle flames.
Some people anyway.

I miss the light of my friend who died last summer.
I miss the light of my mother. She died last winter.

I find myself looking/seeing in my head and missing
the light of them.

upload_2016-5-5_19-6-49.png

And lots of tiny little bear hugs, for the times in-between big hugs.

upload_2016-5-5_19-9-45.png

I was in the military because I did not have a choice. In those days all males had a military obligation. I was in the Army for 3 years, 6 months and 4 days. I got a medical discharge because I got busted up in a traffic accident. I hated the Army so bad that getting hurt was almost worth it, because I got discharged. The bad part was that I only had 6 months to go. At that time I did not know that I was autistic. I did know that I hated living and eating with a bunch of men. I was pretty much alone even though I was always with a bunch of people who thought that I was strange. I do not think that the military is a good place for a Aspie. But at least I took care of my military obligation.

I was in the Air Force back in the 70s, prior to some clinical knowledge
of Aspergers. The Air Force seems to have realized I seemed to lack
some of "those normative social skills", and hospitalized me for discharge
with my agreement. I never caught on to military formalities or notions of
rank in useful ways.

I've come to a conclusion. Thoughts and feelings are irrelevant to a large degree. The only thing that really matters is what you actually do. People often use their thoughts and feelings as an excuse for their actions, or inactions, which is a lot of bunk. I'd allow some leeway for intent, but saying you're sorry to a shattered glass doesn't make it whole again.

I've come to a conclusion. Thoughts and feelings are irrelevant to a large degree. The only thing that really matters is what you actually do. People often use their thoughts and feelings as an excuse for their actions, or inactions, which is a lot of bunk. I'd allow some leeway for intent, but saying you're sorry to a shattered glass doesn't make it whole again.

Scary thing if you apply that to the upcoming election. Where one must weigh one candidate's actions against another's rhetoric. :eek:

But that idiom is an old one. "Actions speak larger than words."

I'm just grateful to have a ballot with the legal option "none of the above". :cool:

Last edited:
I would currently expect that the word "fascist" may be employed a good deal this election
season as "political struggles" become more intense.

I would currently expect that the word "fascist" may be employed a good deal this election
season as "political struggles" become more intense.

Well...of the front runners I don't see either of them willing to shave their heads or wear a uniform. :p

But yeah, expect a whole lot of nasty epithets to be hurled at one another. They've stepped it up a notch in this election. :rolleyes:

This is the story of the best policeman in the world. One time there was a police man who was the best policeman in the world. And they called him down to the office, and they said, “There is a hostage situation, we need your help!” And so the best police man in the world came down there and sped really fast and didn’t even run over any pedestrians. And he got there and there was a guy holding a gun with his arm around a guy. And the guy holding the gun said, “You gotta help me he’s trying to kill me!” And the best policeman in the world was also a hostage negotiator and said, “You’re the one holding the gun buddy. You’re the one in charge we wanna help you.” And the man holding the gun screamed and then he gave the gun to the guy and he said, “Haaaaalp.” And then the guy who was now holding the gun who had was being held captive before ran away, and they arrested the guy who had previously been holding the gun. And they said, “Best policeman in the world, you really are amazing. I can’t believe you managed to talk that guy down!” And the best policeman in the world said, “Yes I know, I am amazing. But I can’t find luuurve.” And then a girl said, “Best policeman in the world, you are so amaze-balls amazing I think I love you! Oh god I’m dying of a heart attack.” And then she fell down dead on the ground. And the best police man in the world said, “There you see, it’s actually kind of annoying.”

To be continued???

Nice Gyro Nitro.

History
The gyroscope is a popular children's toy, so it is no surprise that its ancestor is the spinning top, one of the world's oldest toys. A single-frame gyroscope is sometimes called a gyrotop; conversely, a top is a frameless gyroscope. In the sixteenth through eighteenth centuries, scientists including Galileo (1564-1642), Christiaan Huygens (1629-1695), and Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727) used toy tops to understand rotation and the laws of physics that explain it. In France during the 1800s, the scientist Jean-Bernard-Léon Foucault (1819-1868) studied experimental physics and proved Earth's rotation and explained its effect on the behavior of objects traveling on Earth's surface. In the 1850s, Foucault studied the motions of a rotor mounted in a gimbal frame and proved that the spinning wheel holds its original position, or orientation, in space despite Earth's rotation. Foucault named the rotor and gimbals the gyroscope from the Greek words gyros and skopien meaning "rotation" and "to view."

It was not until the early 1900s that inventors found a use for the gyroscope. Hermann Anschiutz-Kaempfe, a German engineer and inventor, recognized that the stable orientation of the gyroscope could be used in a gyrocompass. He developed the gyrocompass for use in a submersible for undersea exploration where normal navigation and orientation systems are impractical. In 1906, Otto Schlick tested a gyroscope equipped with a rapidly spinning rotor in the German torpedo boat See-bar. The sea caused the torpedo boat to roll 15° to each side, or 30° total; when his gyroscope was operated at full speed, the boat rolled less than 1° total.

In the United States, Elmer Ambrose Sperry (1860-1930)—an inventor noted for his achievements in developing electrical loco-motives and machinery transmissions—introduced a gyrocompass that was installed on the U.S. battleship Delaware in 1911. In 1909, he had developed the first automatic pilot, which uses the gyroscope's sense of direction to maintain the course of an airplane. The Anschiütz Company installed the first automatic pilot—based on a three-frame gyroscope—in a Danish passenger ship in 1916. In that year, the artificial horizon for aircraft was designed as well. The artificial horizon tells the pilot how the airplane is rolling (moving side to side) or pitching (moving front to rear) when the visible horizon vanishes in the clouds or other conditions.

Roll-reduction was needed for ships, too. The Sperry Company had introduced a gyrostabilizer that used a two-frame gyroscope in 1915. The roll of a ship on the ocean makes passengers seasick, causes cargo to shift and suffer damage, and induces stresses in the ship's hull. Sperry's gyrostabilizer was heavy, expensive, and occupied a lot of space on a ship. It was made obsolete in 1925 when the Japanese devised an underwater fin for stabilizing ships.

During the intense development of missile systems and flying bombs before and during World War II, two-frame gyroscopes were paired with three-frame instruments to correct roll and pitch motions and to provide automatic steering, respectively. The Germans used this combination on the V-1 flying bomb, the V-2 rocket, and a pilotless airplane. The V-2 is considered an early ballistic missile. Orbiting spacecraft use a small, gyroscope-stabilized platform for their navigation systems. This characteristic of gyroscopes to remain stable and define direction to a very high degree of accuracy has been applied to gunsights, bombsights, and the shipboard platforms that support guns and radar. Many of these mechanisms were greatly improved during World War II, and the inertial navigation systems that use gyroscopes for spacecraft were invented and perfected in the 1950s as space exploration became increasingly important.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/gyroscope.aspx

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom