• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

top crop.jpg

Contract law in Canada, if you enter into a contract with a company and pay for something in this case an airline which provides you with a ticket for which they perform a service, if they alter the agreement then the contract is changed. Therefore the contract is broken. If their terms and conditions are contrary to the regulations of contract law then they have to reimburse you for not providing the agreed upon service.

having a hard time starting a thread. when i start a thread, it seems very "spotlighted", very "hey! look at me!". but when responding, or even in a blog... it's more like "hey, um... so if you want to check this out, that's cool. no pressure. but i have this thing to say and you know, if you want to read, great?"

thread initiative anxiety. it's weird. and causes issues.

This Saturday will be the anniversary of the Trinity Test:

The Trinity Test. At 5:30 a.m. on July 16, 1945, Los Alamos scientists detonated a plutonium bomb at a test site located on the U.S. Air Force base at Alamogordo, New Mexico, some 120 miles south of Albuquerque.

If two people are of different races, I don't think it's right for the person in the minority group to just randomly ask the other person if they are bothered by their race. Isn't that kind of like making assumptions? I mean I get that discrimination still exists but I feel like by bringing it up they are just creating a problem. Sorry if this offends anyone, that is not my intention.

http://www.research.va.gov/currents/spring2015/spring2015-7.cfm

It's ongoing research with a helmet that has light emitting diodes that use infra-red light to reach brain centers.

The LED therapy increases blood flow in the brain, as shown on MRI scans. It also appears to have an effect on damaged brain cells, specifically on their mitochondria. These are bean-shaped subunits within the cell that put out energy in the form of a chemical known as ATP. The red and near-infrared light photons penetrate through the skull and into brain cells and spur the mitochondria to produce more ATP. That can mean clearer, sharper thinking, says Naeser.

Naeser says brain damage caused by explosions, or exposure to pesticides or other neurotoxins—such as in the Gulf War—could impair the mitochondria in cells. She believes light therapy can be a valuable adjunct to standard cognitive rehabilitation, which typically involves "exercising" the brain in various ways to take advantage of brain plasticity and forge new neural networks.

Note:

Last June in the Journal of Neurotrauma, they reported the outcomes of LED therapy in 11 patients with chronic TBI, ranging in age from 26 to 62. Most of the injuries occurred in car accidents or on the athletic field. One was a battlefield injury, from an improvised explosive device (IED).

Neuropsychological testing before the therapy and at several points thereafter showed gains in areas such as executive function, verbal learning, and memory. The study volunteers also reported better sleep and fewer PTSD symptoms.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom