• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

cacd3be75790a845929ee9211736d386.jpg

http://www.theladbible.com/now/weir...-we-evolved-to-withstand-car-crashes-20160721

Does anyone else hear strange noises when outside?

I mean I keep hearing noises that are related to phones. I am certain they have nothing to do with my phone and there is nobody else nearby so it's not them either. The first time I heard it, it was the tone a landline phone makes when it has been left off the hook for too long, coming from long grass, miles from any house. After that, it's been mostly the sound of a smartphone ending a call. again, no explanation for this except i imagine it. But I really don't think it is just in my head. I know someone else heard the first noise as i did too, but after that I don't know if anyone else had heard them.

Have noticed this and how it relates to newly bought clothing, now that I know, I'll pay attention to the tricks.

There are also deliberate tricks that retailers implement to ensure that clothing won’t last so you have to buy more. “These include using inappropriate fabric, or coarse stitching on delicate material, which accelerates the wearing of holes in a garment during washing,”. “Over stitching, which is stitching along the edge of fabric to prevent it from fraying, is also rarely finished off in modern clothing — it’s just a running seam that is whipped off the machine at the end,” said Daniel Milford-Cottam, a fashion cataloguer at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. “After a few wears, a thread works loose, you give it a tug, and the whole seam is gone.”

The Telephone
ThinkstockPhotos-463327895-e1438006442277.jpg

On August 4, 1922, all phone services in the United States and Canada were turned off for a minute to mark the death of Alexander Graham Bell, widely credited with the invention of the telephone. But that claim was strongly disputed by Italian-American engineer Antonio Meucci, who claimed that Bell had stolen his work on the device. Meucci called his invention the “teletrofono” and publicly demonstrated it in New York in 1860. However, Meucci’s English was poor, and the demonstration was only reported in New York’s small, Italian-language papers.

Because he could not afford the $250 needed for a patent, Meucci settled for filing a notice of an impending patent, which he could still not afford to renew at $10. He sent a model of his design to the Western Union telegraph company, but executives declined to meet with him. The company also refused to return his invention, saying it had gone missing. Two years later, Graham Bell premiered his own telephone and signed a lucrative contract with Western Union. Bell became an instant celebrity, while Meucci died impoverished and in obscurity.http://listverse.com/2015/07/28/10-accomplishments-wrongly-attributed-to-famous-people/

Does anyone have any idea about how this was used? It's a picture of a multiplication circle from a blackboard that was uncovered by people doing renovations.

150609ECoklahoma1.jpg

Thought this was fascinating, considering that it's taken a local city in canada almost three months to demolish an overpass.

100 Excavators Tear Down a Chinese Overpass in One Weekend

Does anyone have any idea about how this was used? It's a picture of a multiplication circle from a blackboard that was uncovered by people doing renovations.

150609ECoklahoma1.jpg
Almost looks like the pentanic chord cirlcel for a guitar??? :confused: if written in fret bars
no clue?:confused:

if evil :smilingimp: is stupid?
And most of our evil :smilingimp: Wallstreet bankers are the smartest kids from our fanciest schools.
Does being evil :smilingimp: lower your I.Q. ????

Since Aheist's hate religion which its sole purpose in life is to teach people not to be evil :smilingimp:.
Umm...! why are religious people automatically seen as dumber, than people who do not seek to be :innocent: good?

A logic riddle brought by Maelstrom Logic inc.

Rest in peace Edward Albee, I liked your plays and your writing, at a critical age I found understanding in your work.

How to use vegetable food coloring in your hair, which lasts for two washes:

To dye your hair with food coloring, mix your chosen color with vinegar, and dip-dye hair one section at a time. To avoid staining your hands during the process, wear latex gloves. While this may negatively impact your dexterity, food coloring does not wash off the skin immediately.

1. Choose and mix your color
    When selecting a color for your dip-dye mixture, remember that a brighter hue is achieved by adding a higher ratio of food coloring to vinegar. For a bright hue, mix 1/8 teaspoon of food coloring with 2.5 cups of white vinegar.

2. Divide hair into four low ponytails
    Fasten each small ponytail with an elastic band. If you want thinner sections of dyed hair, create more ponytails using a little less hair in each.

3. Apply dye from the ends up
    Soak the end of the ponytail in the mixture, then work the dye up the ponytail toward the root with your hands. Apply a thinner layer as you approach the transition point, or the spot where you want the color to fade into your natural color. Repeat on each ponytail.

4. Wrap in tinfoil and let set
    Let the color soak into the hair for 10 to 45 minutes based on the level of color you want. Letting the color sit longer results in a brighter hue. Rinse hair until water runs clear.

images
images
images

New Threads

Top Bottom