• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random ideas, thoughts, post them here.

Mia
I put green streaks in my hair when
we were dying Easter Eggs the
year I was 10 years old, never
thinking it would become such a
popular/commonplace thing
in the future.

How to use vegetable food coloring in your hair, which lasts for two washes:

To dye your hair with food coloring, mix your chosen color with vinegar, and dip-dye hair one section at a time. To avoid staining your hands during the process, wear latex gloves. While this may negatively impact your dexterity, food coloring does not wash off the skin immediately.

1. Choose and mix your color
    When selecting a color for your dip-dye mixture, remember that a brighter hue is achieved by adding a higher ratio of food coloring to vinegar. For a bright hue, mix 1/8 teaspoon of food coloring with 2.5 cups of white vinegar.

2. Divide hair into four low ponytails
    Fasten each small ponytail with an elastic band. If you want thinner sections of dyed hair, create more ponytails using a little less hair in each.

3. Apply dye from the ends up
    Soak the end of the ponytail in the mixture, then work the dye up the ponytail toward the root with your hands. Apply a thinner layer as you approach the transition point, or the spot where you want the color to fade into your natural color. Repeat on each ponytail.

4. Wrap in tinfoil and let set
    Let the color soak into the hair for 10 to 45 minutes based on the level of color you want. Letting the color sit longer results in a brighter hue. Rinse hair until water runs clear.

images
images
images
is that you Mia?
does it wash out by the end of a weekend?

Things that you don't owe anyone: https://brightside.me/article/15-things-you-dont-owe-anyone-8005/

1. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your life situation.

2. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your priorities.

3. You don’t owe anyone an apology if you are not sorry.

4. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for requiring time alone.

5. You don’t owe anyone your agreement on their personal beliefs.

6. You don’t owe anyone a ’yes’ to everything they say.

7. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your physical appearance.

8. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your food preferences.

9. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your sex life.

10. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your career or personal life choices.

11. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your religious or political views.

12. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for being single.

13. You don’t owe anyone a date just because they asked.

14. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your decision about marriage.

15. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your relationship choices.

Comments?

Interesting things:

The cucamelon are also referred to as ’Mexican gherkins’ and ’mouse melons.’

It shares the same genus as both the cucumber and the watermelon. Each one grows no larger than a grape, but its coloration is exactly like that of a watermelon.

5892555-CUCAMELON1-1470811591-650-28f4bc6b1b-1470923477.jpg

If you can’t get your hands on a cucamelon, growing your own is actually quite simple. It’s a low-maintenance plant that will soon provide you with a large crop of mini watermelons.

The TONGUE EATING-LOUSE

http://i1.wp.com/www.thisblogrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/132.jpg
For photo, click link above.
I was going to post the photo, but I thought it might gross somebody out.

"This disgusting creature might remind you of the one in Alien vs. Predator, mainly because the movie was actually inspired by it. Behold the tongue of the parasite from hell. If you wish to never encounter the “Organ Replacer” make sure you stay as far away from the Gulf of California as possible. But why exactly does it have such an “odd” looking mouth? What it basically does is inserts itself in the mouth of a fish and sucks out all the blood until it atrophies an dies. In the end, the tongue of the fish will be replaced by the parasite which will live on the rest of its life feeding on its muscles, blood and mucus."

http://www.thisblogrules.com/2014/04/10-ugliest-animals-world.html

The TONGUE EATING-LOUSE

http://i1.wp.com/www.thisblogrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/132.jpg
For photo, click link above.
I was going to post the photo, but I thought it might gross somebody out.

"This disgusting creature might remind you of the one in Alien vs. Predator, mainly because the movie was actually inspired by it. Behold the tongue of the parasite from hell. If you wish to never encounter the “Organ Replacer” make sure you stay as far away from the Gulf of California as possible. But why exactly does it have such an “odd” looking mouth? What it basically does is inserts itself in the mouth of a fish and sucks out all the blood until it atrophies an dies. In the end, the tongue of the fish will be replaced by the parasite which will live on the rest of its life feeding on its muscles, blood and mucus."

http://www.thisblogrules.com/2014/04/10-ugliest-animals-world.html

Cymothoa exigua
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymothoa_exigua

I hear the phrase "You are the apple of my eye" and all I can think is having an actual apple for an eye.

I wish I could read thoughts.

Things that you don't owe anyone: https://brightside.me/article/15-things-you-dont-owe-anyone-8005/

1. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your life situation.

2. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your priorities.

3. You don’t owe anyone an apology if you are not sorry.

4. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for requiring time alone.

5. You don’t owe anyone your agreement on their personal beliefs.

6. You don’t owe anyone a ’yes’ to everything they say.

7. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your physical appearance.

8. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your food preferences.

9. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your sex life.

10. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your career or personal life choices.

11. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your religious or political views.

12. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for being single.

13. You don’t owe anyone a date just because they asked.

14. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your decision about marriage.

15. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your relationship choices.

Comments?

I've written these down to remember them, thankyou

I have had people tell me to "keep my eyes peeled" while looking for something. Admittedly, I have never done that. But it seems to me, that would hurt really bad.

"Oh, where is the sea?" the fishes cried,
As they swam the crystal clearness through,
"We've heard from of old of the ocean's tide,
And we long to look on the waters blue.
The wise ones speak of the infinite sea.
Oh, who can tell us if such there be?"

The lark flew up in the morning bright,
And sung and balanced on sunny wings;
And this was its song: "I see the light,
I look o'er a world of beautiful things;
But, flying and singing everywhere,
In vain I have searched to find the air."

poem "Where is God?"
by Minot J. Savage

I was given a yardstick recently to add to my collection of automobilia and oddities. After some research online,I was able to identify my latest addition and some history of the dealership.It was located in Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA and operated from the early 1950s until 1975. My fascination with this is due to always being fond of the 1965 Chevy Impala since they were new and eventually owning her younger sister,my 1966 Caprice.

I presently live about 300 miles away from Philly.
Degnan Chevrolet Philadelphia Pennsylvania.jpg

Degnan Chevrolet circa 1955

degnan chevy.jpg
phone numbers.jpg
yardstick.jpg

Last edited:
Several years back I discovered at Gram's house about fifteen yardsticks, all from various era's. They all are related to a local hardware store that's still owned by the family. I attached them to a thin piece of wood using wood glue, and made them into a pretty neat yardstick shelf without cutting them in any way.

I'd put up a pic but it has the local name and address and town all over it, so that's not happening:p

images

I've been hearing a lot about 'emotional intelligence' recently. Finally read something about it. And my conclusion is: When I was young we called this 'maturity'.

New Threads

Top Bottom