• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random fact about you that no one else knows?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I like to give people secret tests to see how good of a person they are. I will sometimes leave small items that I own laying around and see if people will return to me. Especially at work where it is busy. You would be surprised how selfish some people can be.

No not surprised at all. Self interest is a very strong instinct I believe. But it is surprising that you test people like that. I would suggest you do not reveal it to them. Some might react badly.

It's hard for me to think of something no one else knows. I already spilled the beans about wanting to lead the ants in revolt, multiple times.

ant.jpg

;)

I like to take small items that other people own that they leave laying around and then not return those items to them.

I'm just kidding ;)

Last edited:
No not surprised at all. Self interest is a very strong instinct I believe. But it is surprising that you test people like that. I would suggest you do not reveal it to them. Some might react badly.

It's hard for me to think of something no one else knows. I already spilled the beans about wanting to lead the ants in revolt, multiple times.

View attachment 109090

;)
I don’t tell people. It’s just something I do. I guess I’m crazy cause I’m curious what people will do. That’s just me though.

I’m actually even more animated, loud, hyper, chaotic, high-strung, and exuberant in real life than I am on here.
Not sure if that’s positive or negative lol

I’m actually even more animated, loud, hyper, chaotic, high-strung, and exuberant in real life than I am on here.
Not sure if that’s positive or negative lol
I can be too. I have a different way I act when I’m in different environments. For example, like at home and at work. I am more formal at work and have no filter at home. People would be shocked hearing cussing coming from me lol.

This is similar the ‘If you really knew me-exercise’. You just start with that sentence and then continue it.
If you really knew me, then you would know how passionate I am about preparing myself to hold space and support people. And that I completely trust that when a persons core is activated, they know where to walk and I just follow along, holding space and supporting them.

I quietly sort people out by two basic things:

1. Self-control: Are they (1) the type of person who can control their mouth and their actions, or are they (2) the type who cannot keep their mouth shut and are emotional thinkers and actors?

I would much rather be around #1.

2. "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People – Quote Investigator®

I would much rather be around a person discussing ideas.

I applied for the mission to Mars thing that came up years ago. Obviously, they are behind schedule, haha.

I hardly ever had fitting shoes or had access to a toilet during most of my entire childhood or adolescence.

View attachment 109090

;)
The wolves are willing to join in your revolution.

That I would actually love to have a family of my own. I don’t let people think that or admit it to others.

I applied for the mission to Mars thing that came up years ago. Obviously, they are behind schedule, haha.
To quote Gandolf, "Elon Musk is never late, nor is he early, but he arrives precisely when he means to." ;):p

I would love to live long enough to see a colony on Mars. The speed of scientific and technological advancement seems to be on an exponential curve, so I am optimistic.

To quote Gandolf, "Elon Musk is never late, nor is he early, but he arrives precisely when he means to." ;):p

I would love to live long enough to see a colony on Mars. The speed of scientific and technological advancement seems to be on an exponential curve, so I am optimistic.
I'd like to see the Mars mission crew make a living atop Everest first, which would be vastly easier.

I'd like to see the Mars mission crew make a living atop Everest first, which would be vastly easier.
Radiation, temperature, wind, atmosphere, sustainable infrastructure, biological entities (bacteria, viruses, prions, other) etc. A lot to think about. Difficult to accurately simulate on Earth. Ambitious, and undoubtedly open to mistakes. Yet, being an interplanetary species is critical to our long-term survival. Private industry will likely be the leaders, most likely mining of materials. An exciting and terrifying new era is upon us.

Radiation, temperature, wind, atmosphere, sustainable infrastructure, biological entities (bacteria, viruses, prions, other) etc. A lot to think about. Difficult to accurately simulate on Earth. Ambitious, and undoubtedly open to mistakes. Yet, being an interplanetary species is critical to our long-term survival. Private industry will likely be the leaders, most likely mining of materials. An exciting and terrifying new era is upon us.
I was pointing out that there is still a long way to go before we can even survive anywhere on Earth without a big subsidy. Robots in space might pay off fairly soon, but from the weather news, it seems that we are swiftly un-terraforming Earth, and may lose all recent progress. The "Goldilocks era" of predictable, mild weather for agriculture is ending, and we are writing our history in the fossil record as the Athropocene. The effort going into men in space should be going into reducing atmospheric carbon to save millions or billions of lives.
Steven Hawking thought that a planet could only handle 500 years of technological civilization. By his reckoning, we should be rampaging through the galaxy, searching for undiscovered, habitable planets, and destroying them. Somehow, we find it easier to imagine the end of Earth than the end of capitalism, which is grinding it up.

I was pointing out that there is still a long way to go before we can even survive anywhere on Earth without a big subsidy. Robots in space might pay off fairly soon, but from the weather news, it seems that we are swiftly un-terraforming Earth, and may lose all recent progress. The "Goldilocks era" of predictable, mild weather for agriculture is ending, and we are writing our history in the fossil record as the Athropocene. The effort going into men in space should be going into reducing atmospheric carbon to save millions or billions of lives.
Steven Hawking thought that a planet could only handle 500 years of technological civilization. By his reckoning, we should be rampaging through the galaxy, searching for undiscovered, habitable planets, and destroying them. Somehow, we find it easier to imagine the end of Earth than the end of capitalism, which is grinding it up.
An interesting view on the topic.

There are a handful of companies reaching for outer space for one reason or another. I think you are correct that it will start with unmanned vehicles first. Space mining could be hugely profitable.

One thing that may serve as a buffer from the un-terraforming of Earth is the very real prospect of a rapidly declining birthrate in the face of a whole generation of elderly that will die off over the next decade or so. Population collapse is happening in several countries right now, and will happen rapidly across the world. Less people in the face of improving farming practices, robotic production methods, etc. the GDP of nations will create a world of potential excess. The changes in our climate due to rising CO2, methane, and temperature has been met with some die offs, migrations, and extreme weather, but in other areas, has caused an increase in vegetation in the northern parts of the world. The Earth is trying to adapt. For all the melting of the glaciers in the northern latitudes, it hasn't resulted in the catastrophic sea level rise that many were predicting, at least not yet. Something is definitely going on. There is no doubt that there is, however, there appears to be adaptive mechanisms in place, variables that appear to be serving as a buffer that some of the scientists are not accounting for, resulting in some inaccuracies in their predictive models.

I am just telling myself and my children to be open-minded and optimistic, but also informed, eyes open, and be prepared to adapt and overcome. The future is unknown, but our world is changing rapidly in many ways. Humans can make it better or worse, the choice is up to us.

Capitalism makes the world go round. The big money interests heavily influence world governments, policies, media, transportation, food distribution, education, and information. They want to control a populace of "dullards" who are just smart enough to work for them, not smart enough to ask questions, and are being distracted by entertainment. They aren't going to give up on that. This strategy has worked for at least 2000 years. All intelligent people can do is be aware of what they are doing and try not to fall victim to their influences. The dullards will just fall in line like sheep in a herd whilst being glued to their electronic devices that entertain them.

Last edited:
An interesting view on the topic.

There are a handful of companies reaching for outer space for one reason or another. I think you are correct that it will start with unmanned vehicles first. Space mining could be hugely profitable.

One thing that may serve as a buffer from the un-terraforming of Earth is the very real prospect of a rapidly declining birthrate in the face of a whole generation of elderly that will die off over the next decade or so. Population collapse is happening in several countries right now, and will happen rapidly across the world. Less people in the face of improving farming practices, robotic production methods, etc. the GDP of nations will create a world of potential excess. The changes in our climate due to rising CO2, methane, and temperature has been met with some die offs, migrations, and extreme weather, but in other areas, has caused an increase in vegetation in the northern parts of the world. The Earth is trying to adapt. For all the melting of the glaciers in the northern latitudes, it hasn't resulted in the catastrophic sea level rise that many were predicting, at least not yet. Something is definitely going on. There is no doubt that there is, however, there appears to be adaptive mechanisms in place, variables that appear to be serving as a buffer that some of the scientists are not accounting for, resulting in some inaccuracies in their predictive models.

I am just telling myself and my children to be open-minded and optimistic, but also informed, eyes open, and be prepared to adapt and overcome. The future is unknown, but our world is changing rapidly in many ways. Humans can make it better or worse, the choice is up to us.

Capitalism makes the world go round. The big money interests heavily influence world governments, policies, media, transportation, food distribution, education, and information. They want to control a populace of "dullards" who are just smart enough to work for them, not smart enough to ask questions, and are being distracted by entertainment. They aren't going to give up on that. This strategy has worked for at least 2000 years. All intelligent people can do is be aware of what they are doing and try not to fall victim to their influences. The dullards will just fall in line like sheep in a herd whilst being glued to their electronic devices that entertain them.
The elderly are not having kids anyway. There is still a high birthrate in the third world, because before development, children are the only form of old age security, and because children start to contribute to the family economy at an early age. In the developed world, birth rates are plunging because children remain a major, high expense for a decade longer.

The overall effect of more carbon in the air has been bad for agriculture and for nature. Also, its effect is not immediate. If all emissions stopped today, the temperatures will keep rising, and they are already destroying the forests, peatlands, and even the seafloor deposits of frozen methane. Without alpine and polar ice, the winds won't be guided where we have built to expect them. Melting Greenland is shutting down the Gulf Stream, which keeps Europe warm, and as the Arctic ice goes, the whole area absorbs far more sunsight. More and more coastal cities will lose ground, and many of their water supplies are also in danger.

Capitalism runs the economy we depend on, but it is not our friend. It recognizes no limits, and it's logical conclusion is to have one person owning everything. Corporations are designed to behave like psychopaths, with total greed and zero conscience. Using scientific methods, they keep almost everyone in the "dullard" class. We could be living very well, fed by robots tending an organic permaculture, living with solar heat and power of our own, and generally safe from disasters. Instead, we are increasingly slaves to debt, barely able to afford food and shelter, and totally dependent on corporations for all our needs.

We don't need to anticipate a major decrease in population, with all the chaos, fear and anguish that involves. We could live lightly on half the planet, and let nature recover in the rest, but currently, we are dunned with messages and conditions making us consume more, because that generates more profits for the already obscenely rich.

Now, I shall try to do something else about it instead of writing you again.

New Threads

Top Bottom