• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Radio waves and things we can't hear normally

DesertRose

The whole idea of how they discovered radio waves is very interesting. It makes me wonder sometimes if tinnitis is (its not, I don't think) actually radio waves too high to actually hear. I also wonder if there are more out there we haven't discovered yet. And, for instance, if every voice and sound in the world could be heard, if there was a direct connection to that said soundwave.
Just food for thought.
Anyone else thought about this stuff?

Yes.
I can tell a big difference between night and day regarding sound.
I need very little volume on anything for sound after about midnight.
Then as soon as the sun comes up and people are on the move, going to work,
listening to their TV's, radios, and the myriad of other sounds that happen through the daytime,
I can feel it in my ears. And I live in a quite area where you can't hear traffic sounds
even though it is still near the city. No busy roads close by and a lot of trees and ponds. No houses
out back, just an arm of a golf course.

If I do listen to music or watch a little TV the volume must be adjusted.
Most of it isn't certain noises that I'm aware of so much as a general difference in the air.

I have tinnitus with Meniere's disease so sound can be outright painful to me.
I devoloped what is called pulsatile tinnitus about a month now and will see my ENT
about it after new year's.
Who knows, maybe all the supposedly inaudible waves are less at night also. They may effect
sensitive ears without us being aware of it.
I have an Aspie friend who believes it effects hm. He will not carry his I-phone on his person.
Keeps it in a back pack he takes everywhere.

Yes.
I can tell a big difference between night and day regarding sound.
I need very little volume on anything for sound after about midnight.
Then as soon as the sun comes up and people are on the move, going to work,
listening to their TV's, radios, and the myriad of other sounds that happen through the daytime,
I can feel it in my ears. And I live in a quite area where you can't hear traffic sounds
even though it is still near the city. No busy roads close by and a lot of trees and ponds. No houses
out back, just an arm of a golf course.

If I do listen to music or watch a little TV the volume must be adjusted.
Most of it isn't certain noises that I'm aware of so much as a general difference in the air.

I have tinnitus with Meniere's disease so sound can be outright painful to me.
I devoloped what is called pulsatile tinnitus about a month now and will see my ENT
about it after new year's.
Who knows, maybe all the supposedly inaudible waves are less at night also. They may effect
sensitive ears without us being aware of it.
I have an Aspie friend who believes it effects hm. He will not carry his I-phone on his person.
Keeps it in a back pack he takes everywhere.

I've had tinnitis since forever, the quiet makes it roar, a tv or something makes it less noticable, and I have to try hard at times not to focus on it. They say allergies contribute to it, or cause it, i have lots of those.
I live in the country a couple miles from a highway, and about 12 miles from a town. In the winter, especially a damp night, everything is magnified. The vehicles on the highway sound as if they are less than a block away, the train on the other side of town, about 15 miles away, sounds incredibly close. I'd prefer to live even further away, and never hear the traffic, etc, but advancing age, worsening health and finances prevent that.
It's as if the atmosphere above us at night, caps us off and lowers, bringing with it all the smells of the day, like smoke, and increasing the sound as if they all bounce back to us as if we're under a dome. (That is no reference to flat earth, lol!)
I wouldn't be surprised if all the sounds are echoed off this seemingly enclosing atmosphere at night. (I'm no scientist, as you can probably tell. ;))

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom