• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Questionnaire survey: Playground for children on the spectrum

tahiti

Hello, all. I am new here. I am a female architect and a master's student from Germany and I am writing my master thesis. My thesis topic is 'designing playground for children with autism'. For research purposes, I want to conduct a questionnaire survey.
I was looking for some online places where I can post the questionnaire as the internet is the fastest way to get some feedback. Considering how active this place is, I would be very happy to get some answers to my questionnaire.
It will be really helpful for me if any relevant person can go through the link and take part in the survey. The questionnaire is directed at parents of children with autism or any children/teenagers with autism.
Since this is also my first time doing a study on this topic, it will be also great to get some feedback on my questions, that is if I should edit or revise some of the questions.
I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks again. :)
PS: If anyone wants to post their reply to me privately, please feel free to inbox me. Thank you so much in advance.

Questionnaire about playground (for children on the spectrum)
Questionnaire about Playground for children on the spectrum (For Parents)

Last edited:
@tahiti

Asking for people's email address is too personal.

You could conduct a survey here on this site by using PM/Inbox
conversations with people. The questions on the topic are well
thought out.

Thank you tree. I think you are right, I changed the settings, so it doesn't ask for email addresses now.
About using PM, can you please explain a bit? :) As I do not know anyone here, I do not want to intrude upon anyone. :)
Thank you for your kind words. About the questions, what I feel is that user opinions are most important when it comes to any environment. Often we just hear what is required, and it is very diagnosis based. Self-report are not taken into considerations by doctors but this is what matters when it comes to everyday life.

Thank you tree. I think you are right, I changed the settings, so it doesn't ask for email addresses now.
About using PM, can you please explain a bit? :) As I do not know anyone here, I do not want to intrude upon anyone. :))

The PM/Inbox is static, like a letter or email communication.
Chat (the chatroom) is fluid, real time communication.
Chat would not be a good way to conduct a survey.

If any member wanted to do the survey, that member could contact you.
You would receive a notification/alert telling you that someone had written
a PM to you. It would be private, not like a thread.

Or, theoretically, a person could answer your questions here in this thread,
assuming he or she didn't mind the responses being public.

@tree That's a great idea. In any case, the questionnaire form is anonymous now, so it can be filled up also there without giving away any personal information.
I am going to take both of your advice. Thanks once again!

I don't have children and I'm too old for playgrounds now. but when I was a kid I played like most other kids did at our local playground, except for the monkey bars. The slides would scare me sometimes, too. Back then they could be at least ten feet high, and the bottom would be at least a foot off the ground so you'd have a nice little drop onto tightly packed dirt.The hardest part was being up at the top and moving my legs so they would be in front of me when I slid down, trying not to fall. They weren't like these wimpy little plastic slides they have now, that's for sure.:D

Thanks for your feedback! It is always interesting to see how different elements can leave different impressions on people. You are right, nowadays the play equipment are definitely more well designed and planned keeping in mind children's height and comfort.

My children are too old to answer your survey and only some are autistic, but from my own (autistic) history, I liked
  • swings,
  • merry-go-rounds,
  • teeter-totters (if I could find a playmate; had/have sister),
  • slides &
  • monkey bars.
(I would sometimes avoid the last two due to acrophobia.)

My children are too old to answer your survey and only some are autistic, but from my own (autistic) history, I liked
  • swings,
  • merry-go-rounds,
  • teeter-totters (if I could find a playmate; had/have sister),
  • slides &
  • monkey bars.
(I would sometimes avoid the last two due to acrophobia.)
I avoided the merry-go-rounds due to motion sickness and vertigo. Swings never used to make me sick but 55 years later I have to swing less wildly and for a shorter time. I don't think there's a single piece of playground equipment we used that would be allowed today without major modifications for safety.

New Threads

Top Bottom