• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Psychology: Do you have problems with emojis?

Do you have problems with emojis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
200.gif

Yellow heart is my most used emoji. Usually what I end messages with. Love, light and hope. When I'm really in a bad place I end my messages with a black heart.

I like how they have the different coloured hearts

In many Asian and Middle Eastern countries green is the colour of illness and until more recently they used the Green Cross instead of the Red Cross, or the green sickle moon as is culturally appropriate in some countries, to represent health care.
I am not sure this is correct? In muslim majority countries (eg several Middle Eastern countries), Red Crescent is used instead of the Red Cross for religious reasons. As far as I know, red is the color of any offshoot of the original Red Cross (there's also the "red crystal" emblem used since the 2000s by some countries for religious/cultural reasons), so they can all quickly recognize each other in the field.
See here for more. Red Crescent seems to have existed since the 19th century.

There's also a green "throwing up"/"feeling sick" emoji that is commonly used everywhere I think.

Last edited:
Grue.
The meaning of GRUE is to shiver or shudder especially with fear or cold
A grue is a fictional, predatory creature that dwells in the dark.
grue-attacktheblock.jpg

61yJbTBtniL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

vector-illustration-cute-kawaii-skull-emoji_622216-384.jpg

Last edited:
Not really, but I have been told that people stopped using emojis a long time ago but I still use them. So that's a problem sort of. I should probably stop using them.

there's no heart symbol.

I just took a screenshot of the heart that is in the "like" emoji menu on the bottom of every post, saved it as a picture and then I can use that. I think that works well. You can use this one if you want to:
heart.jpg

Not really, but I have been told that people stopped using emojis a long time ago but I still use them. So that's a problem sort of. I should probably stop using them.

I just took a screenshot of the heart that is in the "like" emoji menu on the bottom of every post, saved it as a picture and then I can use that. I think that works well. You can use this one if you want to: View attachment 114159
heart.jpg

In many Asian and Middle Eastern countries green is the colour of illness and until more recently they used the Green Cross instead of the Red Cross, or the green sickle moon as is culturally appropriate in some countries, to represent health care.
I am not sure this is correct? In muslim majority countries (eg several Middle Eastern countries), Red Crescent is used instead of the Red Cross for religious reasons. As far as I know, red is the color of any offshoot of the original Red Cross (there's also the "red crystal" emblem used since the 2000s by some countries for religious/cultural reasons), so they can all quickly recognize each other in the field.
See here for more. Red Crescent seems to have existed since the 19th century.

Everywhere I go in the world, green cross means pharmacy.

In south eastern european countries where there is a significant muslim presence green is also the color of the obituaries commonly posted on street corners - or "Facebook of the dead" as I've heard it referred to. Black for catholic. Red for atheist.

I think they are fine and can be a clear way to express a response and understand someone's reaction. Being a visual thinker may also play a part.

My only problem is that they are very small and I can't make them out without going for my reading glasses.

In south eastern european countries where there is a significant muslim presence green is also the color of the obituaries commonly posted on street corners - or "Facebook of the dead" as I've heard it referred to. Black for catholic. Red for atheist.
Interesting - didn't know that. Green is a valued/sacred color in islam (cf the Saudi flag is green). So I'd say that's likely a reference to the religion/religious beliefs, rather than to sickness, sadness or death. I'm not sure where the green cross was used in disaster relief situations - maybe Asia? But the red cross becomes the red crescent in the muslim majority countries as far as I know. I don't think you can be part of the Red Cross if you're using a green cross, and also I doubt Muslims would use a cross as a symbol.
In the Muslim countries I've visited, by the way, pharmacies were not represented by a cross - they were represented by a crescent + caduceus.

Back in the 70s and 80s I used to see the green cross quite often in news stories about overseas disasters and when I asked about it back then I was told that the colour represented illness. I got curious and read a little bit more tonight and there's another fact that might be more pertinent, especially from back in those times.

You can't just slap a red cross on anything you please. Because it's an internationally recognised symbol it can only be used with approval, that also goes for the red crescent and others.

Getting back to the original discussion about emojis - I remember the days when they were called emoticons and you had to write them using colons and brackets : )

Getting back to the original discussion about emojis - I remember the days when they were called emoticons and you had to write them using colons and brackets : )
They're still pretty much the only ones I use. :)

You can't just slap a red cross on anything you please. Because it's an internationally recognised symbol it can only be used with approval, that also goes for the red crescent and others.
So it is! Not even a trademark of the Red Cross organisation, but protected by a convention no less.

New Threads

Top Bottom