• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Problems signing up to a specific website.

No I don't think you misunderstood. I misunderstood. I assumed because the name of the business was misspelled, that was the reason he couldn't find it.
Just attempted to sign up on the website. There seems to be no sign in or join function. It's a site that simply shows their products, what they sell and where you can purchase them. It's not for ordering online. There is only an email address.

Find the nearest Distributor
For more information on iD, contact a distributor in your area* or contact our iD Help Desk by E-mail, phone or fax.

Incontinence Pads| Buy Incontinence Products & Adults Nappies for Women & Men Online| UK

Actually the site does allow online purchases, therein likes my problem, it won't let Dad or I create an online account with them to purchase anything.

It worked fine for me and I'm using Google Chrome.

Then can we assume that you were successful in actually creating an online account?

If so, did you:

1) Allow the site to set your cookies as it requests?

2) Have your browser set to (or default to) enable Java Script?

I'm just looking for a pattern here...

Last edited:
Well I downloaded ARC Welder last night and managed to get Firefox to work on my Chromebook, and the site in question still doesn't work, the purchase item links still don't work.

Well I downloaded ARC Welder last night and managed to get Firefox to work on my Chromebook, and the site in question still doesn't work, the purchase item links still don't work.

Well done :) You should be able to use other Android apps now as well, so it might make your chromebook a bit more useful than before.

In Firefox, in place of a URL, type the following: about:config

This will bring up a screen reflecting any number of functionalities of the browser. Just click the blue box "I accept the risk". Scroll down and search for a line that reflects the Java Script was enabled. Do not change anything. (Simply viewing the browser's functionality won't in itself void your warranty.)

At least that will deduce whether the registration functions are dependent on Java Script. If in fact it is enabled, then go back to the site and authorize it to use cookies if not already done so. See if that has any bearing as well on why you haven't been able to make the registration function work.

That's a good point because Chrome has stopped supporting Java altogether.

Java and Google Chrome Browser

No, Sun Microsystem's "Java" is a compiled programming language. I'm talking about Java Script- a client side scripting language. Totally different. Though as a former website designer on occasion years ago I've used both in tandem.

However Java Script is also vulnerable to hacking. Enough so that any number of browsers leave it as an option to enable or disable. This particular site mentioned by the OP is buried in Java Script. Which may or may not contribute to the ability of users to access the registration function.

As a client-side scripting language you can read the code straight out using a browser. Something you cannot do with a compiled programming language.

Last edited:
Cheers for the correction - I wasn't aware of the distinction ;)
Every day's a school day...

Cheers for the correction - I wasn't aware of the distinction ;)
Every day's a school day...

Well...in most cases I don't think it matters assuming browsers still default to enabling Java Script upon installation. Which if the case there's usually no real reason for users to be aware of it.

In this instance though it just took me back to see a site with ecommerce still using a great deal of it. Kind of raises my eyebrows in terms of security concerns. Though I'm not sure Java Script or setting their cookies even impacts the registration and shopping cart functions.

Also there's always a possibility of security software or ad blocking that can potentially interfere with a browser's Java Script capability as well. Hard to say.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom