• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Potato Poll

What's your favourite way to eat potatoes?

• Jacket Potato (Backed Potato)

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Roasted Potato

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Chips (NA: Fries)

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Crisps (NA: Chips)

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mashed Potatoes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Hash Browns

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Potato Pops (Potato Tots)

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Potato Waffles

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
My wife also boils potatoes, particularly in her vegetable soup.
full

I like hash browns & tater tots, too, but I have not had them in a long time.

My goto breakfast is hash browns. I like Idaho Spuds from Costco; freeze dried hash browns They do not spike my blood sugar. Otherwise I really enjoy fries as a treat, but modern French Fries are horrible, cooked in vegetable oil. Fries are NOT a health food, and frying them in a healthier oil has ruined them. I like mine done in tallow, or better yet, duck fat.

Someone say Fries? :)

When I absolutely MUST have some, I go to Wendys and splurge for some large fries with Dave's single or double.

I love them all!

I’m a bit picky with fries but when I find good fries I love them. Crispy fries, and steak fries with chipotle bacon sauce are my favorite.
I also love cheesy fries and cheesy bacon fries.

I forgot to say mine in the opening but I love all potato products. I could live off of potatoes if it was nutritionally possible to do that.

It's a whole plant family: the nightshades.

Yeah, too bad it's not something super exotic and tremendously expensive,
instead of the useful potato, that way the *deprivation* would seem less.
I'm sensitive to nightshades too. But I can have potatoes, tomatoes, and most peppers, as long as they're fully ripe, or cooked until tender. Eggplants though.. If you want to see my face swell up to look like a baloon... yeah.

But zucchini is very similar to eggplant. One can make zucchini parmesan, just like eggplant parmesan. Mmmmmmm! It's so good. And hummus, with the sesame left out, and when seasoned similarly, tastes just the same, really, as baba ganoosh.

If you're allergic to tomatoes, that's the reason God gave us the far superior alfredo sauce.

Have you ever tried sliced berries on your pizza? I swear. Put raspberries on your pizza. The sweetness and tartness really mimics sun dried tomatoes. Thank me later.

And potatoes... hmmm... I do love fried turnips or rutabegas. You can get really exotic and try sunchokes. i love growing those. Grape Hyacinth bulbs, after the flowers die back, are quite tasty too. Make sure and cook them through, and do not eat the greens though. I've been eating that with my daughter, since she was a baby. Every time we've had a yard, I always plant a little patch of hyacinth.

And one of my favorite recipes of all time, my mother's recipe for potato soup.

A masterpiece, though I never found her original recipe when she passed away. :(

I had forgotten about potato soup, I haven't made that for a while. I never had a real recipe, but that doesn't matter much because I never stick to them anyway.

Potatoes onions and water, some salt and some black pepper. Can't go wrong.

I'm a potato salad connoisseur.
Recently I found a store-bought potato salad that was very close to the one my mother used to make.

Safeway's deviled egg potato salad. Ridiculously expensive now, but oh my....just like Mom used to make. Seriously! Of course I need to add plenty of paprika to it...

I'm sensitive to nightshades too. But I can have potatoes, tomatoes, and...
PotAYtoes, potAHtoes, tomAYtoes, tomAHtoes?
Let's Call The Whole Thing Off, Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers (1937)
~~~
There are other fun versions of this song, too,
but dancing on quad skates in 1937 is pretty impressive! ;)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom