• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Potato Poll

What's your favourite way to eat potatoes?

• Jacket Potato (Backed Potato)

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Roasted Potato

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Chips (NA: Fries)

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Crisps (NA: Chips)

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mashed Potatoes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Hash Browns

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Potato Pops (Potato Tots)

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Potato Waffles

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Recently I found a store-bought potato salad that was very close to the one my mother used to make.

Safeway's deviled egg potato salad. Ridiculously expensive now, but oh my....just like Mom used to make. Seriously! Of course I need to add plenty of paprika to it...
Basically potato salad, egg salad, tuna salad, and devilled eggs are all the same recipe. I can teach you if you'd like.

Basically potato salad, egg salad, tuna salad, and devilled eggs are all the same recipe. I can teach you if you'd like.
Thanks, but the truth is that despite my mother's legacy, I've never been much of a cook. Mostly because of my OCD. Not wanting to make a mess. Like when I cook something in a pot, and actually clean it and put it away BEFORE actually sitting down to eat my meal. Silly, but it's a compulsion. Simple things to cook come a bit easier. Though even making a grilled cheese sandwich is getting close to my limit.

Sadly though, Safeway makes potato salad almost unobtainable, unless they put their 16oz containers on sale for $4.99, which doesn't happen very often. (Normally sold at $8.99) Inflation out of control along with my OCD.

Welcome to the world of OCD. :eek:

I do that without OCD (while other things are cooking) or, at least, rinse them. ;)
LOL. Good to know. More often than not I'm in either shock or horror of what most people do in the kitchen. But that's still my problem- not theirs.

Recently I found a store-bought potato salad that was very close to the one my mother used to make.

Safeway's deviled egg potato salad. Ridiculously expensive now, but oh my....just like Mom used to make. Seriously! Of course I need to add plenty of paprika to it...
My mother liked to add egg and carrot.

New Threads

Top Bottom