• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post your RAADS-R

Panthro

My RAADS-R Scores
Total score.......Language.....Social relatedness....Sensory/motor....Circumscribed interests
......173.0............16.0.................89.0....................39.0.........................29.0

Threshold values for suspected ASD
Total score....Language.....Social relatedness....Sensory/motor...Circumscribed interests
......65.0............4.0.................31.0.....................16.0.........................15.0

They recommend that if you are above the the threshold values for suspected ASD that you should get yourself evaluated. My scores are pretty high, I guess its time for me to finally try to get diagnosed... after I come up with $1500 to pay for the full eval. :eek: Anyways what are your scores? Here is the test if you want to take it and haven't:

The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R)

I already know I have ASD and other junk and have been diagnosed... BUT, for fun I took this again...
It has changed some since the last time I took it...

So many of the questions are too specific for the 4 vague categories to give answers with, but it is what it is... My scores suck just as much as now as they did then : )

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.33.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.33.46 AM.png

Untitled.png

Interestingly about me, I'm currently going through psychological formulation and I have traits of personality disorders too. Anxious, Depressive, Avoidant and Schizoid. Not enough to make a diagnosis but they are there. I had to answer 180 questions to build this part up. I also have a working diagnosis of schizophrenia too; I went from six psychiatric diagnoses down to two (autism and schizophrenia).

Dude I will trade you... : ) Wouldn't it be cool if LIFE was like kids trading baseball cards?
Yours is not so bad at all (I don't think) but its bad for me to do that too much it seems... : )

mine is screaming he is *&^%$##@ messed up!

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 8.22.24 AM.png

Last edited:
My RAADS-R Scores
Total score.......Language.....Social relatedness....Sensory/motor....Circumscribed interests
......173.0............16.0.................89.0....................39.0.........................29.0

Total score....Language.....Social relatedness....Sensory/motor...Circumscribed interests
......65.0............4.0.................31.0.....................16.0.........................15.0

They recommend that if you are above the the threshold values for suspected ASD that you should get yourself evaluated. My scores are pretty high, I guess its time for me to finally try to get diagnosed... after I come up with $1500 to pay for the full eval. :eek: Anyways what are your scores? Here is the test if you want to take it and haven't:

I'm not sure where you live and I know there are very different pricing systems and stuff... but 1500.00 is more like a down payment... All said and done mine is far past 5,000.00 at this point, but that includes some CBT and other therapies that maybe helped some, but I'm not really sure...

I guess KNOWING the answers was more comfort than the experience and the therapy... A person like me finds there own way with a little guidance... We can get to the same place, it might take a little longer and be weird to others, but this is us... : )

Total score, Language, Social, relatedness, Sensory/motor, Circumscribed interests

144.0 16.0 77.0 23.0 28.0

My RAADS-R Scores

Your score is really high.

Thats maybe a really GOOD THING... : ) or your just having a really good day... : )
Knowledge is power, power is the key, the key to open doors. If I ever get to a position where I can test consistently, ASD is going to change. Time will tell. If not I will learn for the next generation.

I'm not sure where you live and I know there are very different pricing systems and stuff... but 1500.00 is more like a down payment... All said and done mine is far past 5,000.00 at this point, but that includes some CBT and other therapies that maybe helped some, but I'm not really sure...

I guess KNOWING the answers was more comfort than the experience and the therapy... A person like me finds there own way with a little guidance... We can get to the same place, it might take a little longer and be weird to others, but this is us... : )

How did you pay for that If you don't mind me asking? I called a place today and was shocked to hear that the cost at a minimum is going to be 2300.00 which I thought was nuts. These highlight the obstacles of being an on the spectrum adult, 90% of us are without full-time work and struggle at life how the hell do they expect us to pay for that? It makes it really hard to get help and have to pay all that much and you don't have the means to do it. If you don't get diagnosed as a child then you are pretty much screwed.

You're numbers were even higher than mine.
It is just that those questions were a bit condescending, asking us if we behave like wild beasts albeit, the test did seem to hit on most of the points that link people to autism from what I have studied.

I scored overall 150, about like last time. So many questions are difficult to answer, though. The way they are worded sometimes offers more than one interpretation.The question about going out to eat alone or with someone you know bugs me the most. I hate going out to eat alone because I get confused sometimes, buffets in particular. I prefer having someone along to help me. I don't always want the company otherwise. So it depends on the place I would be eating. I used to have some places I really enjoyed going by myself because it was simple and uncrowded. Most places are chaos.

I find questions that start with "people tell me that..." hard to answer because people are usually to polite to tell me what they think of me, or to criticise me, so if I'm doing something I might be unaware of it. Just because people don't tell me that I'm doing something doesn't mean that I don't do it. Those questions are dependent on other people's communication with me as much as my behaviour. I'll take this test tomorrow when I'm less tired.

How did you pay for that If you don't mind me asking? I called a place today and was shocked to hear that the cost at a minimum is going to be 2300.00 which I thought was nuts. These highlight the obstacles of being an on the spectrum adult, 90% of us are without full-time work and struggle at life how the hell do they expect us to pay for that? It makes it really hard to get help and have to pay all that much and you don't have the means to do it. If you don't get diagnosed as a child then you are pretty much screwed.
I didn't get diagnosed as a child -- or ever -- and I don't consider myself screwed. I figured it out for myself from a hell of a lot of reading, and taking the tests that were online at the time. As far as I'm concerned, "official" testing for adults is in danger of turning into a money-making scam.

I did the online test back in June, I'll just quote those numbers, it was recent enough... And I haven't gotten an official diagnosis, now seeing the costs of doing I may not... I'm 99% certain that I'm Asperger's anyway...

Anyway... My RAADS score was 122, still above the threshold of 65 but not nearly as high as anyone else posting...

Language - 6
Social - 71
Sensory - 18
Circumscribed - 27

Language and sensory were very close to the threshold numbers but above, my social number was off the charts 71, with a threshold of 31

Total score Language Social relatedness Sensory/motor Circumscribed interests.
6 March 2018 130.0 13.0 62.0 29.0 26.0

Language Social relatedness Sensory/motor Circumscribed interests.
1 June 2016 125.0 18.0 60.0 26.0 21.0

Scores are above the test threshold values, If your total score is above the threshold it may be worth getting professionally assessed.

As I've become older, and after two years of retirement at 55, my score seems to be slightly higher. No stats that I can find about having stronger traits as I've aged.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom