• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

boop-button-factory-installed-on-all-models-however-user-availability-5467974.png

@Outdated, someone rediscovered a giant spider in Australia. It's about time, this is what Australia needs more of, creepy wildlife. :D
I have been worried you guys would run out of it. ;)

One thing about this that puzzled me, it says they found some in a town called Eidsvold. That does not sound like an English word, it sounds Norwegian and there is a famous place here called Eidsvoll. So I looked into it a little and that town Eidsvold was named after a farm owned by two Norwegian brothers. Eidsvold Station. And they named the farm after Eidsvoll here in Norway because they arrived on the farm on May 17th and that's when our constitution was written at Eidsvoll. So that's a little special, you guys have a town with a Norwegian name. Which is full of giant spiders of course. Yay Australia :D

Last edited:
@Outdated, someone rediscovered a giant spider in Australia. It's about time, this is what Australia needs more of, creepy wildlife. :D
I have been worried you guys would run out of it. ;)
At best estimates less than one third of our wildlife has been named and documented. A few years back a young biologist "discovered" a new species of gecko and asked Darwin residents to report sightings, to us it was just a common tree gecko, the things are everywhere. Local people showed him 6 other species that were also unrecorded.

So I looked into it a little and that town Eidsvold was named after a farm owned by two Norwegian brothers. Eidsvold Station.
We got a lot of Swedes Danes and Norseman come to Australia around that time. Why would they all want to disappear to remote places on the other side of the world? End of the pirating era I think. :)

We got a lot of Swedes Danes and Norseman come to Australia around that time. Why would they all want to disappear to remote places on the other side of the world? End of the pirating era I think. :)

They probably ran away from something they did here. Hiding in the bush in Australia. ;) Or maybe they just raided Australia.

Enzo’s favorite toy is Mr. Snail. They are inseparable.
So yesterday I bought all the snails at Petsmart so he can always have a backup Mr. Snail if something happens to him.

20D24A76-9DEA-4C90-BBCB-43A751D4C604.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom