• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

From 1967, Time Magazine

1669927727662.jpeg

Many years ago I saw a documentary about extreme weather disasters and one of the segments was bout the freezing rain that brought down all the power lines in Canada. The next night I ran in to a Canadian tourist and I asked him about it.

He said "That sort of thing happens all the time in Quebec because they still insist on speaking French. God hates them.". :)
Canada is a bit bigger than one ice storm, but my sister got caught in that. That fall, my bro-in-law had gone to help a friend clean out his garage, and was given a portable, gasoline powered electric generator. Sis was not at all happy with junk being moved to her garage from the cleaned out one, but only complained, not acted. That generator was the only power for them and three neighbours for six weeks.

Dog V4 brought a stick home from his walk once. The entire walk back he was swaggering because he'd 'stolen' another dog's stick!
My friend Titan got lucky, moving from a terrible owner to a great one. To mark his new territory, he decorated a small section of lawn with bones, and would restore any that were moved. Dog stories might need a new thread.

I think anyone who speaks English well can understand the name. :)

We've also got a few places here with names considered rude in other countries.

It's a tourist attraction that has a name I can't write here.
I just came across a list of rude place names and yours didn't get a mention. Nor any of the places I'm familiar with. It did surprise me how many of these places are in the US.

The French term for Chief Operating Officer is chef de l'exploitation.

I'm pretty sure something got lost in translation there. Or not.

New Threads

Top Bottom