• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

This is a picture of a practice stand I have for lockpicking. It has interchangeable cylinders that progress in difficulty from only 1 pin in the lock to 5 but they are all pretty easy. I can re-pin the cylinders to make them as hard as I like and I planned to but never have. Maybe some day.

The last cylinder on the right is a real cylinder lock used in a door in England. It was shipped to me all the way from there when I won a small contest. It was my favorite because when I picked it I imagined the person needing help and I was getting them back inside.

IMG_1296.jpg

When I moved to this small town, I asked about throw pillows at the church charity store. They had none, but soon, I had a lady at my door with a couple that I still use daily.
My b___h used a magic marker to write the titles on my album covers that she found hard to read.

I don't have an example handy, but that truck pusher reminds me of many drawings I've seen of sailing ships with the sails billowing out ahead, but the flags streaming behind.

Omg I hate cane toads...
They're a pest and an invasive species in Hawaii too. They're just ugly and gross, and poisonous. They do a lot of damage to native wildlife.
When I was living in a rental house in Hawaii for a while, one got in the house. I had to catch it in a pool net and dump it outside because I was afraid to touch it.
We had a fountain in the front yard where they used to hang around at night. These things were enormous, like the size of a dinner plate. I normally like frogs and toads, I've had amphibians as pets, but these things are gross. I don't like that they're poisonous.

Regarding cane toads... they are yet another example of man interfering with an ecosystem and fouling it up. Here in the UK some bright spark introduced grey squirrels from America. They completely took over everywhere leaving the native red squirrels facing extinction. Not even a handful of colonies now remain.

Regarding cane toads... they are yet another example of man interfering with an ecosystem and fouling it up. Here in the UK some bright spark introduced grey squirrels from America. They completely took over everywhere leaving the native red squirrels facing extinction. Not even a handful of colonies now remain.

That's awful! :( Grey squirrels are a pest here too, and people feed them, which obviously makes it a lot worse. My dogs love to chase them though!

On the subject of invasive/unwelcome species, I want to have a word with whoever introduced coyotes in vast numbers to the Northeastern US... they have become a huge pest, not just a pest but a *menace*... they will attack people and there have even been a couple of deaths recently, they eat pets and livestock, and they are not afraid of humans at all, and can adapt to living in developed areas. They are smaller, but more aggressive, than wolves, although they often hybridize with wolves, and you can imagine how that goes.
Coyotes are such a problem here that hikers in certain areas are actually encouraged to carry sticks or even weapons.
They are also bad for the fox population here, since they seem to be a deterrent for them, and red foxes are becoming scarce here due to habitat destruction. Foxes are timid and relatively harmless due to their size (a red fox is smaller than a Corgi-sized dog, they're usually about 10-15lbs.) Foxes are also opportunistic predators and are naturally afraid of humans. Coyotes don't have that same fear and are getting to be much more confrontational.
Coyotes are the one species of canine that I really don't care for. If one ends up on my property and attempts to attack or threaten my dogs, it will be having a bad time.

That's awful! :( Grey squirrels are a pest here too, and people feed them, which obviously makes it a lot worse. My dogs love to chase them though!

On the subject of invasive/unwelcome species, I want to have a word with whoever introduced coyotes in vast numbers to the Northeastern US... they have become a huge pest, not just a pest but a *menace*... they will attack people and there have even been a couple of deaths recently, they eat pets and livestock, and they are not afraid of humans at all, and can adapt to living in developed areas. They are smaller, but more aggressive, than wolves, although they often hybridize with wolves, and you can imagine how that goes.
Coyotes are such a problem here that hikers in certain areas are actually encouraged to carry sticks or even weapons.
They are also bad for the fox population here, since they seem to be a deterrent for them, and red foxes are becoming scarce here due to habitat destruction. Foxes are timid and relatively harmless due to their size (a red fox is smaller than a Corgi-sized dog, they're usually about 10-15lbs.) Foxes are also opportunistic predators and are naturally afraid of humans. Coyotes don't have that same fear and are getting to be much more confrontational.
Coyotes are the one species of canine that I really don't care for. If one ends up on my property and attempts to attack or threaten my dogs, it will be having a bad time.
The Coyotes did that job themselves, by self-selecting for human tolerance. I hear that London has a huge Fox population, which probably bothers the Fox hunting crowd. I heard that a Coyote recently wandered through the University of British Columbia campus, and when it emerged, it was $17,500 in debt.

A lot of the animals that most people see as cute have become real pests here, The 3 most destructive of these pests are cats, rabbits and foxes.

New Threads

Top Bottom