• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Positive about yourself.

We are what we think. If we think about negative its what we will see, feel, touch...
Every experience we have is related to how we think it will be... Yep, I think too much!

It does seem harder to be positive, but we do live in a negative biased contrast, filled with NT's who don't get us. I know how hard it is to try and be all positive. Its a challenge but I try and make a game out of it instead of it being some dreaded thing I need to do. It works out pretty well sometimes and sometimes its not so good, but that is life.

'I am' are the word directives that point our attention to what we are about to think about, or experience.

So today I am going to be happy just being me and maybe it will inspire others to like themselves just a little more also. I think I will just use my goofy smile instead of words... its safer that way : )

Have a good day everyone... So its off to work I go hi ho, hi ho... Now I sound like a damn dwarf or something... geez. I told you the smile is safer...

I will post positive things about my family.

Aaron: smart, organized, detailed, polite, helping, funny, honest, cute and independent.

Dylan: cuddly and affectionate, funny, persistent, energetic, happy, free spirited, cute, and creative.

My wife: creative, energetic, funny, persistent, beautiful, knowledgeable, sentimental, and friendly.

I believe I am too a very polite person and try to help.

I am keenly aware of my surroundings and retain information about people and thus, when needed, can act on that information. So, if someone says they suffer lonliness, they do not have to remind me and I will try to think of a way to help them feel better.

I was told fairly recently, that I am an extremely empathetic person and I believe that. I CAN put myself in someone else's shoes, even if I have not been there.

I like the fact that I am a person who is quick to smile and laugh.

Despite my severe anxieties, inability to control my emotions and total lack of maturity, my parents still tell me that I'm still a very good person; so do my boss/coworkers and (few) friends. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't lie for personal benefit (although I'm not sure if the imaginary friend/enemy story counts), and I genuinely care about people despite my inability to express it properly. I never ever knowingly commit crimes, although I'm worried that someday I might commit one without even knowing it due to my lack of understanding of how this world works. I despise crime, in fact. I'm very smart when it comes to my programming skills, and I've been told that as well. Despite my shortcomings, I always do my best at work. Some people might even say that I'm funny. The few friends I do have tell me that I'm a great friend (that actually surprises me since I didn't have a lot of friends to begin with in order to gain friend experience - but for the record I have been google-searching on how to be a good friend). Hearing people tell me all these things is just music to the ears, it's such a great feeling to be loved when I don't even love myself.

I believe I am too a very polite person and try to help.

I am keenly aware of my surroundings and retain information about people and thus, when needed, can act on that information. So, if someone says they suffer lonliness, they do not have to remind me and I will try to think of a way to help them feel better.

I was told fairly recently, that I am an extremely empathetic person and I believe that. I CAN put myself in someone else's shoes, even if I have not been there.

I like the fact that I am a person who is quick to smile and laugh.

Yes, I sensed that even earlier about you Suzanne. You seem like the type that would come to the aid of a stranger in need, and even if there was no outward need you could sometimes offer them something, as you are a nice and caring person. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of persons in this world really would go out of their way to help others, including even teachers and medical persons, and there will be many others that try to either take advantage of such kindness, or be indifferent to it. Many persons though can really appreciate it.

I am that empathetic type as well. For me, it is not on the surface, but by actions and efforts. Usually many of those personality types came from really bad home environments, and learned not only the severe impact of pain, but were also able to sense then others in distress or in need of help, too, and want to really understand or reduce that. So, if anyone on this forum tries to be nice to or help others, try not to think it as an insult to change you, but just as a natural instinct to be friendly or assist. Much less in this world are like that, so try to understand or appreciate that.

I can make a pretty convincing fake meow, I've been told. And cat's are deities so I can only possibly see that as a compliment.

Yes, I sensed that even earlier about you Suzanne. You seem like the type that would come to the aid of a stranger in need, and even if there was no outward need you could sometimes offer them something, as you are a nice and caring person. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of persons in this world really would go out of their way to help others, including even teachers and medical persons, and there will be many others that try to either take advantage of such kindness, or be indifferent to it. Many persons though can really appreciate it.

I am that empathetic type as well. For me, it is not on the surface, but by actions and efforts. Usually many of those personality types came from really bad home environments, and learned not only the severe impact of pain, but were also able to sense then others in distress or in need of help, too, and want to really understand or reduce that. So, if anyone on this forum tries to be nice to or help others, try not to think it as an insult to change you, but just as a natural instinct to be friendly or assist. Much less in this world are like that, so try to understand or appreciate that.

That is very kind of you to say, but how did you sense that about me?

I can make a pretty convincing fake meow, I've been told. And cat's are deities so I can only possibly see that as a compliment.

That ability could imply many great things about you. It could show possibly empathy towards animals, some creativity, extra awareness of details or sound, a sense of humor, and like an ability to perfect things, once you set your mind to something. So, yes, that would be a compliment.

I've been told that I'm in a "class of my own". Don't know what to make of that really, but I see it as positive nonetheless.

That is very kind of you to say, but how did you sense that about me?

I remember especially persons that remind me of myself, and so that means when I read posts, if someone speaks often the way I think and feel, with regards to showing thoughtfulness, in what they say, and with a desire to be informative and with desire to support, help or put more attention to others than themself, I relate to that.

I look at not only what they say, but how they say it, and what they do not say. I look for politeness, sincerity, honesty, and positive and caring energy coming from them. This does not mean we cannot show occasional frustration or need advice or help too, but I pick up on kind and unselfish personalities easily, by looking at many such factors.

To often persons judge others just based on looks, and outward appearance. Although I can usually see kindness or pain in persons' eyes, and if they blush I think that could be a sign of niceness, too, but I usually look deeper. I look at writings as well, and actions in person for those persons. It is not how long messages are, but what they say and how they show themselves there, and which messages they reply to.

And so, overall Suzanne, I just remember past posts that showed unselfish desire and instinct to be friendly and helpful, and going out of your way to assist more. There have been others on this forum too like that. I think the one difference is you can perhaps smile and laugh more than I, based on what you said. But, that is what is great about people, niceness comes in all genders, races, and personality types, regardless of age, education and work experience.

I wish there were more people like that.

Like mud and bark?
And meanders [paths water cuts in a dirt road]
Recent discoveries:
allbotbark5.JPG

I can feel empathy for just about any living thing. Not sure about microbes and such though.

I was complimented by a customer (older female - not lesbian lol) that I looked stunning. She liked my hair. I have been looking after my appearance more and wasn't looking or expecting such a nice comment.

New Threads

Top Bottom